• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné 08/12 > 08/16/20

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which rider will surprise the most?

• Sepp Kuss

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Enric Mas

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Chris Froome

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • Sergio Higuita

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • Adam Yates

• Dylan Teuns

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Benoît Cosnefroy

• Guillaume Martin

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • other, French

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other, non-French

Votes: 11 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
EffGLDrXoAcenxq

EfezhXpXoAUuV2n

EffC_bSWoAEaKtn

Efej-SGXgAAPK0z

EfeoGc7WAAAtN8F

EfeyTkWXsAETao3

EffD8emXYAAGWid

EffD0GyWkAInnKE

I want Pinot to win, but not like that, so I hope that Roglic gets on his bike tomorrow.

Thibaut fell too, was lucky. In l'Equipe, he mentioned that FDJ did the downhill in MTB a few weeks ago and he thought that the road would have been repaired for the CDD.

I feel bad for Buchmann and Kruijswijk. I hope they get better soon.

BTW, in l'Equipe, it was mentioned that after DNS, Bernal went for a ride...journos wondering if he/Ineos called it quit, didn't want morale to go down as a result of being manhandled by Roglic/JV.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
I want Pinot to win, but not like that, so I hope that Roglic gets on his bike tomorrow.

Thibaut fell too, was lucky. In l'Equipe, he mentioned that FDJ did the downhill in MTB a few weeks ago and he thought that the road would have been repaired for the CDD.

BTW, in l'Equipe, it was mentioned that after DNS, Bernal went for a ride...journos wondering if he/Ineos called it quit, didn't want morale to go down as a result of being manhandled by Roglic/JV.

Yea I don't fully buy that backache thing either, to me it seems Bernal didn't have the shape they expected and they want to do some specific training work to see where they can get him until the Tour starts.

Seeing the damage to Roglics jersey and pants on TV I already thought that this wasn't just a slight fall for him either today.

• Wow

the DS confirmed that Bernal had ridden back to the Ineos hotel from the stage 4 start in Ugine. Not a long ride.

Yea I don't fully buy that backache thing either, to me it seems Bernal didn't have the shape they expected and they want to do some specific training work to see where they can get him until the Tour starts.

Seeing the damage to Roglics jersey and pants on TV I already thought that this wasn't just a slight fall for him either today.
I’ve had pretty severe lower back problems for decades, and when it’s irritated sometimes soft-pedaling on the flat is fine, but grinding up a steep hill is really painful, especially with my pedaling style. Don’t know what Bernal’s current problem is but the fact that he was on his bike doesn’t have to indicate he isn’t injured.

This is the CDL. Who cares if it's true or not if Bernal's lower back is hurting. If he trained or not that doesn't mean that he doesn't have lower back. If he doesn't have the lower back problem, who cares anyway. He had his miles in and his team realized that being in the CDL was going to hurt him more than helping him. People will only care comes the Tour de France. In the Tour is where riders ride with broken bones and hurt limbs. Not here. Let's wait for the Tour and if he retires or makes excuses because of illness or fever or knee problems in the third week then I'll be suspicious.

This is the CDL. Who cares if it's true or not if Bernal's lower back is hurting. If he trained or not that doesn't mean that he doesn't have lower back. If he doesn't have the lower back problem, who cares anyway. He had his miles in and his team realized that being in the CDL was going to hurt him more than helping him. People will only care comes the Tour de France. In the Tour is where riders ride with broken bones and hurt limbs. Not here. Let's wait for the Tour and if he retires or makes excuses because of illness or fever or knee problems in the third week then I'll be suspicious.
It does matter. That would indicate that Ineos/Bernal decided to fight another day, therefore admitting that they are not at JV's level. Cut it short, regroup, see you in Nice. I don't blame them.

It does matter. That would indicate that Ineos/Bernal decided to fight another day, therefore admitting that they are not at JV's level. Cut it short, regroup, see you in Nice. I don't blame them.
They are not at JV level of course. They are probably conceding that and going back to the drawing board. We all know that. There is no gain in keeping him in the race. For whatever reason they are not telling us. They are doing the smart thing.

I’ve had pretty severe lower back problems for decades, and when it’s irritated sometimes soft-pedaling on the flat is fine, but grinding up a steep hill is really painful, especially with my pedaling style. Don’t know what Bernal’s current problem is but the fact that he was on his bike doesn’t have to indicate he isn’t injured.
Exactly. Even an hour to stretch things out is completely different from a WT race with a bunch of climbing.

Yea sure. Was some assumption based on no info. Either way it's not good.

I didn't hear Fuglsang complaining.

A big as a favourite Evenpoel was for Lombardia, it's still not a given that he would have won.
Inheriting a leader's jersey simply because the one previously wearing it crashed out, that's different. And still, Pinot did ride to the position where he'd be the one to get the jersey, if Roglic is unable to start; it's not like the just pick a guy at random.

TRENDING THREADS