• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné 08/12 > 08/16/20

Page 41 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which rider will surprise the most?

• Sepp Kuss

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Enric Mas

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Chris Froome

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • Sergio Higuita

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • Adam Yates

• Dylan Teuns

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Benoît Cosnefroy

• Guillaume Martin

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • other, French

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other, non-French

Votes: 11 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, if roglic is indeed more heavily injured than it seemed during the race (which is likely) this is the right choice no doubt.
If it is more about precaution I dont like it - this year more than ever I think you should take what you can get. I doubt thats the case though.

I'd like to see Pogacar and/or Bardet try an all or nothing attack on either the Romme or Colombiere, what's there to lose? Almost the entire AG2R team finished 18 minutes or more behind Kamna, and there's good climbers in there. Paret-Peintre, Cosnefroy, Latour, Cherel, Peters. Try to throw some of them in the break and put pressure on FDJ, because Pinot is way easier to isolate than a Roglic.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Landa could probably win, but he might like a lower profile and not win this race...

AG2R - I think they simply don't have the strength right now to do anything. Bardet is the best of them, but not amazing, the rest of the team seems to be in bad shape.

TJV could still very well dominate this race. One of them to win. Pinot can certainly benefit, because he just seems to be strong. Just don't crash...

I think as boring as the first stages looked they showed a rather consistent picture of who is how strong. Would be a wonder to me if that changed completely today.

This will be fun. Pinot wants to win, Landa should want to win, Martin and Martinez both want that podium. Guillaume doesn't seem afraid to attack, though that could change now he's in 2nd overall.

Quintana, Bardet and Pogacar will probably attack - after all, who's afraid of FDJ? Dumoulin has nothing to lose and maybe now we can get more than just a glimpse of his true form.

It seems this Dauphine will leave us with more questions than answers.

A Pinot win would obviously be great, but I am not really expecting it, since the team won’t be able to resist the barrage of attacks from Quintana, Landa et al. - and Thibaut himself has expressed (after the Formolo stage win) that he had bad legs, besides suffering in the heat. Since last year’s trauma it might just be me coping with the probable freak injury, puncture or crash, refusing to believe there is a chance to actually seeing him on the top step in a yellow jersey hahaha

TRENDING THREADS