• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné 2022, June 5 - 12

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
If he hadn't shown any remorse, sure, but he seems much more careful in the battle for position and in the sprints now than before.

Yeah, that‘s something positive, which I admit, too: Groenewegen nowadays rides much more careful and fair. He, more than once, lost races after his ban, due to his new, much more cautious and careful behaviour… He might have become a fairer athlete and person in general… :)

Froome opting for no helmet today

FUj5y0DXwAAb9l2

Some more pics

FUj43_FWYAA8mfR

FUj4apMWIAAeEFs

FUj4a9zWIAAsunR

Froome by a breakaway?

I hope so… He takes stage plus Yellow today. Then he might give Yellow away after tomorrow’s stage, just to regain it on Wednesday, and to defend it until the finish line of Sunday‘s stage.

I cheer for Roglic, but wouldn‘t mind Froomey winning Yellow here. Yellow for Chris in Dauphine, and Yellow for Roglic in Paris - why not, eh?…

Froome by a breakaway?
People fighting for GC dont use to go in breaks stages like this, but anyway could be a good stage to put time to the rest in a break..and more when nobody consider him a danger for GC..But the problem is that is a very good stage for Van avermaet and his team is strong enough to control, so, really difficul, Much better safe energy for tomorrow and the ITT.

Reactions: CyclistAbi
People fighting for GC dont use to go in breaks stages like this, but anyway could be a good stage to put time to the rest in a break..and more when nobody consider him a danger for GC..But the problem is that is a very good stage for Van avermaet and his team is strong enough to control, so, really difficul, Much better safe energy for tomorrow and the ITT.
Van Avermaet? That's the most random mention I've seen in years. Unless, of course, you're just continuing the Froome trolling :D

Really still needs CdF north west IMO and then it would be really good.
You mean Glandon, right? Because if you turn eastwards to climb CdF via Glandon you can't descent towards Vaujany.
Yes, that one would be an even better penultimate climb, but this way you only have about 12kms of flat after the Telegraph descent and CdF from this side is irregular enough that you can do some damage, if you want. 3.9kms at 7.9%, 5.3 at 9.4% and 6.7 at 8.2%, the steep sections are steep enough to do some serious damage if you drill them.

Reactions: Red Rick

TRENDING THREADS