• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné 2022, June 5 - 12

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I don't think it's particularly educated nor humorous to say "lol, he fat" when somebody is dropped. I don't think Groenewegen is the best climber, either, but I rather doubt that an elite professional cyclist has a BMI of above 30 which is the definition of fat (especially when the fat percentage is high).

I also don't think that a split second error in judgment should merit life-long mocking. If he hadn't shown any remorse, sure, but he seems much more careful in the battle for position and in the sprints now than before.
Are you confusing fat with obese?

Van Avermaet? That's the most random mention I've seen in years. Unless, of course, you're just continuing the Froome trolling :D
Van Aert, sorry, you understand me:D:D

By the way....Froome is close to Roglic s wheel on the climb to study him well to crush him on the mountains

(I like Roglic anyway. I like his actitude, determination and quality, the same as person,, but, I had to say it)

Reactions: Ilmaestro99
@Red Rick the best thing to do what you want to do would probably be adding Col du Chaussy right before Glandon, but I doubt that ASO would go for something like this, too many climbs for a realistic modern day ASO stage...
https://www.cronoescalada.com/tracks/view/804899
I'm not sure the ASO thinks super much in terms of too much climbing for a mountain stage. They still do stages with about 3 HC climbs every once in a while. The problem with these tends to be not that there's not enough climbing, but that too often it's just Madeleine/Galbier > Croix de Fer/Glandon > AdH.

I don't know if stages like Serre Chevalier 2011 or Chambery 2017 are a thing of the past.