• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné 2023, June 4 - 11

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yes Laporte is miles faster than other sprinters on this kind of terrain.

I agree that Laporte is the big favourite again and also some others seem bigger favourites than Vernon, but on the other hand Vernon has some chance in my eyes and since Quickstep don't really have a GC rider to compete with Vingegaard in the next days it seems justified that they work for the chance of their own guy. Not sure it's necessary, though, the gap seems really close... but well.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I agree that Laporte is the big favourite again and also some others seem bigger favourites than Vernon, but on the other hand Vernon has some chance in my eyes and since Quickstep don't really have a GC rider to compete with Vingegaard in the next days it seems justified that they work for the chance of their own guy. Not sure it's necessary, though, the gap seems really close... but well.
What happened to the good of days of Quickstep being instigators of various moves and attacks? If there was action you could be sure Quickstep were around.

Reactions: Sandisfan
What happened to the good of days of Quickstep being instigators of various moves and attacks? If there was action you could be sure Quickstep were around.

True, but today seems like a day where that will indeed be very difficult, especially with a strong Jumbo team around which is working for Laporte/ a sprint. So far I only see PCS though, not yet following the broadcast.