• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné 2023, June 4 - 11

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
My buddy says that heat and hydration regarding cramps is complete bollocks and it just comes down to your fitness level. You race longer and harder than what you're able to at the moment? Cramps. He isn't a a scientist, but is on top of everything of that nature like a true weekend warrior.
Yep. It can be heat/electrolyte related but vast majority of the time it’s musculoskeletal fatigue from going too hard for too long relative to what you’re capable of. Odd that it happened to so many today though.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
My buddy says that heat and hydration regarding cramps is complete bollocks and it just comes down to your fitness level. You race longer and harder than what you're able to at the moment? Cramps. He isn't a a scientist, but is on top of everything of that nature like a true weekend warrior.
coincidence that i never cramp tanning in a beach chair drinking beer?
Imagine Ala outsprinting Evenepoel and Pogacar at LBL next year, we'd need a special Lefevre cam for that. :D
nah, towing Pog back to Remco would be better

• Haha
Bravo Alaf'! I hope that he's back. I want him to have a great Tour. Still, it has been a while since I have felt the Dauphiné vibe, I'm afraid that the design is too "meh" to give us different looks at how GT riders do climbing-wise in June, with the big circus on the horizon.

TRENDING THREADS