• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné 2023, June 4 - 11

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Bennett completely washed. Should be relegated for that. You can't loose with that leadout if you want to be a serious sprinter.

Tour de France participation hopefully out of the question now for Sam. he doesn't deserve a spot.
Honestly, you can bring Haller and Van Poppel because they are workhorses on the flat with classics experience who can play a bodyguard role, but I think that's it for Bennett and the 2023 TdF.

Reactions: Sandisfan and yaco
Bora should honestly just take Meeus. Bennett is done, going to HPH apparently. Early retirement.

Also are they really not going to DSQ him, and honestly also Groenewegen for that push on Govekar (even tho you could say it's because of him getting pushed into the barrier cause of Bennetts move)?

The Groenwegen push was a result of Bennett's move.
It was mostly a result of him going faster than Govekar, but not being willing to wait for an actual gap to open up behind Bennett. It was a dangerous move that could have resulted in a big crash, but thankfully it didn't. Sure he was annoyed by Bennett's initial move, but it didin't give him the right to power through the way he did.

Reactions: Sandisfan
It was mostly a result of him going faster than Govekar, but not being willing to wait for an actual gap to open up behind Bennett. It was a dangerous move that could have resulted in a big crash, but thankfully it didn't. Sure he was annoyed by Bennett's initial move, but it didin't give him the right to power through the way he did.

I doubt Groenwegen will be relegated or disqualified for his move.

• Wow
I would have relegated both of them -- both moves were wrong. What's worse is neither Bennett nor Groenewegen looked like they had the turn of speed to benefit from riding like idiots.

I have no idea why Bennett is so bad now. Sprinters' forms come and go like the weather.

TRENDING THREADS