• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné May 30-June 6 2021

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Pff

Why do you even like Van Aert? Isn't he overaged now that he isn't eligible for youth competitions?

Black clouds on the horizon
Great thunder and burning Steppes
His bike's pounding
I heard the heavens scream his name

I watched as he shouted
To the riders who died that day
He held up his power meter high
And called to Vino for a sign

Lutsy the mighty, Lutsy the brave
Crush the Iiiineoooos in your way
I almost wept into my borscht..........................

What a crazy win by Lutsenko.

I have the feeling that a lot of people weren't that surprised by his victory because he seems like a rider who could ride a good ITT. The problem, however, is that he never does it!

His last international (Asian Championships are excluded as well) top 10 result in an ITT dates back to Three Days of De Panne in 2016, where he was 7th! In 2014, he was 8th on the final stage of the Vuelta after having won the ITT in Post Danmark Rundt. And that's it. Nothing else on the international pro scene but he does have a couple of national titles.

Completely random win today.

I have the feeling that a lot of people weren't that surprised by his victory because he seems like a rider who could ride a good ITT. The problem, however, is that he never does it!

His last international (Asian Championships are excluded as well) top 10 result in an ITT dates back to Three Days of De Panne in 2016, where he was 7th! In 2014, he was 8th on the final stage of the Vuelta after having won the ITT in Post Danmark Rundt. And that's it. Nothing else on the international pro scene but he does have a couple of national titles.

If you don't include fans and commentators then no one was surprised.................

If you don't include fans and commentators then no one was surprised.................

Okay, sure, he was of course not among the top 5 favourites beforehand, so obviously it was a surprise but I was thinking during the stage that he could probably do a good ride. So I was a bit surprised to see how little he has actually achieved in the discipline.

After seeing that, however, I am inclined to think that it is close to being the upset of the year, but I would be surprised if very many people would agree with that.

Okay, sure, he was of course not among the top 5 favourites beforehand, so obviously it was a surprise but I was thinking during the stage that he could probably do a good ride. So I was a bit surprised to see how little he has actually achieved in the discipline.

After seeing that, however, I am inclined to think that it is close to being the upset of the year, but I would be surprised if very many people would agree with that.
That time margin on some very good TT riders was pretty impressive and unexpected. I still think Ineos is well placed on the overall with what's to come.

He has always been good. Maybe inconsistent. But we could see this coming if he could put it together, and he did. :)

TRENDING THREADS