• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné May 30-June 6 2021

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
All the profiles still aren't out so I don't know what that one looks like, but I'm very sceptical about anything happening after a murito 18km from the finish in a Tour stage. And I could forgive a lot if they didn't make 80% of their mountain stages extremely stripped down and boring without even putting in legit queen stages.
What exactly is the incentive for the Tour to always have such mundane profiles? Is it supposed to be more predictable on purpose? I’ve never understood that.

Reactions: Sandisfan
It's time for somebody else other than Ineos to win a WT stage race. Gaudu would be nice, but if this happens, the expectations and pressure in the Tour will be sky high for him, almost Remco like.
What do you mean, they only won 2 out of 6 so far, same as Pogacar. And same as Roglic if he hadn't lost Paris-Nice like he did. ;) But since neither is here, it would feel kinda weird if Ineos didn't win this xD

Profiles at the bottom.
Damn didn't realise there was only 3 MTFs in this year's Tour, that's... not a lot, 2012 style.

• Wow
For Ineos, this is like the little room before the doctor. The nurses, Quintana and Steven K, will ask Thomas some nice easy questions to begin with. They put him at ease and he feels confident.
Then, afterwards, the Slovenian doctors will come in and put their hands where hands should not go.

Keep the yellow jersey warm for Rog and Pog.

• Haha
So Jumbo-Visma's Tour de France co-GC leader (lol) Kruijswijk is racing this. Failed to make the top-20 in any stage race this year.

I wonder what it will it take for Jumbo to finally put some respect on Rogla's name and make him their sole Tour de France GC leader, not just in practice, but on paper, too.

This has nothing to do with respect. It's always good to have more options, and having Kruijswijk high in GC would definitly help. But if Roglic will have some mechanical problems or something, you bet Kruijswijk will have to help. And they all know this.

Joux Plane and La Plagne. I have never seen the ladder climb live and have wondered why ASO hasnt used it, so thats great so see.

It’s sad considering the iconic finishes we’ve had there while Prudhomme tries to find 75 different ways to shoehorn PDBF into a stage.

And to think it’s the first time we’ve been to Luz Ardiden in like 11 years. I think It’s been at least 7 since we’ve been over the Joux Plane in the TDF.

It’s sad considering the iconic finishes we’ve had there while Prudhomme tries to find 75 different ways to shoehorn PDBF into a stage.

And to think it’s the first time we’ve been to Luz Ardiden in like 11 years. I think It’s been at least 7 since we’ve been over the Joux Plane in the TDF.
3 years since the last Colombiere/Romme, which did *** all the last time
2 years since we were supposed to get Tignes, previous time before that was 2007
5 years since Ventoux, last Ventoux descent was I dunno, in the 90s?
5 years since Andorra, including Beixalis
3 years since Col de Portet
10 years since Luz Ardiden, and for some reason I've thought it was Hautacam for months.

So Jumbo-Visma's Tour de France co-GC leader (lol) Kruijswijk is racing this. Failed to make the top-20 in any stage race this year.

I wonder what it will it take for Jumbo to finally put some respect on Rogla's name and make him their sole Tour de France GC leader, not just in practice, but on paper, too.
I actually think Roglic should remain a co-leader but together with Van Aert instead. He could be a legitimate second option on this route and that may be necessary to beat Pogacar...

Reactions: BlueRoads

TRENDING THREADS