• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné May 30-June 6 2021

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Everyone knew it was a wild bet.

I think I would have made it too, under the circumstances, because nobody knew if he could come back from that horrible injury.

Sad to see he couldn't, and I honestly find the glee many display about it odd.
The problem there is Froome was already right near the end of his years of being able to win big. Then he gets a disastrous injury, then you give him one of the biggest contracts in the sport? That's just insane.

Reactions: Carols
The problem there is Froome was already right near the end of his years of being able to win big. Then he gets a disastrous injury, then you give him one of the biggest contracts in the sport? That's just insane.

It depends how deep your pockets are.

I once watched a sheik lose $ 1 million in 10 minutes at a blackjack table, and he didn't seem to care, at all.

The point I was making was, that if money is no object, it becomes a worthwhile bet.

Obviously hindsight is 20/20 ;)

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
I was about to make a whole post in reply to Red Rick about how back in june 2019 when Froome had the crash there was kind of a power vacuum. And Froome was really the only available rider that looked like he could potentially challenge Ineos.

Then I looked it all up again and saw that Israel Start-Up Nation bought Froome after a disastrous 2020 where we had since seen the rise of Bernal, Roglic and Pogacar. Yeah that's a stupid bet.

Reactions: Carols

TRENDING THREADS