• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Criterium du Dauphine (2.UWT), 3-10 June

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Start times for the stage
De8IiizXkAArPBU.jpg:large

Re: Re:

Robert5091 said:
wirral said:
I am sure this question has been asked before but....

With only now 7 riders in a full squad, at what rider on the line is the time taken in a team time trial?

From the rule book
http://netstorage.lequipe.fr/ASO/cycling_cdd/CDD18-rules.pdf
ARTICLE
15. Team time trial The provisions of article 2.6.028 are applicable to the stage 3 team time trial. Teams shall set off at 3-minute intervals in reverse order of the general team classification, except for the team of the leader of the general individual classification, which will start last.
Once the first team has set off, training is forbidden on the course.
The stage classification for each team is based on the time taken on the fourth rider to cross the finish line.
The same time shall be awarded to all riders finishing in the same time or a faster one.
Real times are applied to the general individual classification for each rider as follows:
-time of the fourth rider in each time for riders awarded this time in accordance with the above
rule;
- real time for slower riders; and
- riders who finish after the deadlines set in the rules are disqualified.

Where a team has fewer than 4 riders left in the race, remaining riders are required to complete the course within the set deadline.

The following finishing deadlines have been set:
- Stages 1 and 2: 10%
- Stage 3 (team time trial): 30%
- Stages 4, 5, 6 and 7: 15%
In exceptional cases only, the Commissaires Panel may extend the finishing time limits after
consultation with the organiser.

Thanks

Re:

Jagartrott said:
Sky are @1.3 to win. Knowing that 2 of their riders are banged up and that Sky have disappointed in TTT's in the past, that's a pretty optimistic odd.

I totally agree; that’s an astonishing price. I thought they’d be favourites but possibly odds against. As has been pointed out in team time trials the whole is often greater (or lesser) than the sum of its parts and Sky have often underperformed given their components.

del1962 said:
Robert5091 said:
http://teamsunweb.com/dauphine-s2/
Team Sunweb coach Aike Visbeek,
"Several guys on the team are suffering from sickness and we hope we can get everybody fit again.”

They've only 5 riders left and there's no where to hide in a 35 km TTT. Hang in there!

Bit like Orica's TDF TTT
Well, Sunweb made it to the finish, though the slowest time so far.

Breh said:
Jagartrott said:
Sky are @1.3 to win. Knowing that 2 of their riders are banged up and that Sky have disappointed in TTT's in the past, that's a pretty optimistic odd.

They have an incredibly strong team and it doesn't look like BMC, MS and QS have brought their A-team.

Add in the fact they arrived a day early, just to practice the TTT......you'd be a fool to bet against them.

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site

brownbobby said:
Breh said:
Jagartrott said:

They have an incredibly strong team and it doesn't look like BMC, MS and QS have brought their A-team.

Add in the fact they arrived a day early, just to practice the TTT......you'd be a fool to bet against them.

Eh, I have my doubts about that...

Edit: and that's why I don't bet on cycling :p

TRENDING THREADS