• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Criterium du Dauphine 2014: Stage 1, (Lyon-Lyon TT 10,4 km)

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Butterhead said:
Oh please :rolleyes:

Froome is just a better time trialist, its not so weird, no need to put him on pedastal just because he did what was expected of him.

8 seconds is nothing, not even 1 second pr. km, and you have no idea with which effort they went into it, AC already said before the start he wouldnt take any risks down the technical descent. Froome obviously rode full gas all the way.

With the splits so close it seems Froome took a few more risks on the downhill whereas Contador and Nibali played it safe. Don't think there would have been a lot in it otherwise maybe 2-3 secs

Mellow Velo said:
Sorry, but I don't know my way around a betting sight..
But I see he's 2/1 for tomorrow, yes?
What were Contador's odds for today, since he finished second?
Who was the bookies favourite?

2/1 yes.

Contador was not fancied at all at odds of around 33/1 if I remember. Might have been shorter but not much.

Kwia was my bookies clear favourite followed by Chavanel. Froome was 16/1. .

ferryman said:
2/1 yes.

Contador was not fancied at all at odds of around 33/1 if I remember. Might have been shorter but not much.

Kwia was my bookies clear favourite followed by Chavanel. Froome was 16/1. .

Thomas was at shorter odds than Chavanel.

Kwia was 2/1 and a lot of people fancied him going into the stage.

Froome was 13/1 on bet365 and 20/1 on PaddyPower.

Froome (and Contador for that matter) where not expected to do this today.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
AICA ribonucleotide said:
Thomas was at shorter odds than Chavanel.

Kwia was 2/1 and a lot of people fancied him going into the stage.

Froome was 13/1 on bet365 and 20/1 on PaddyPower.

Froome (and Contador for that matter) where not expected to do this today.

What it tells me is that those bookies are morons. Guess thats why I usually win money betting on cycling. Not cos I am genius, but just cos they seem to be dumber. My personal favorite was definately Froome. I didnt expect to see AC in top 5 though.

For me a powerful TT rider right here:
035-PIC467999483.jpg

Solid position on the bike, too bad we didn't get live footage of the lad.

Anyway more pictures here:http://www.steephill.tv/2014/criterium-du-dauphine-libere/photos/stage-01/

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Cimber said:
What it tells me is that those bookies are morons. Guess thats why I usually win money betting on cycling.

You should wager a lot and get really rich if you're so reliably smarter than the bookies.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
SeriousSam said:
You should wager a lot and get really rich if you're so reliably smarter than the bookies.

I am not the gambling type so I usually only bet for neglible amounts and I am not smarter than bookies in general, but often bookies dont got a clue in cycling. Especially in the first stages of a GT fx.

Had I knoen that the odds on Froome were so high yesterday I would have put some money on him for sure. But as said I am not the type so I dont pay attention to bookie odds regularly

Pricey_sky said:
With the splits so close it seems Froome took a few more risks on the downhill whereas Contador and Nibali played it safe. Don't think there would have been a lot in it otherwise maybe 2-3 secs

2/3 seconds makes a huge difference relatively. If Contador is 3 seconds faster it's like

Froome

Contador @ 5

Rest

Now it's just

Froome

Rest @ 8+

cauberg1999

BANNED
Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
i do not think froome did downhill faster than vn and ac but on powerful windy peices he has his 1.5 or 2 sec/km over these boys.he's the only spinning a 55 big gear

TRENDING THREADS