Criterium du Dauphine 2014: Stage 1, (Lyon-Lyon TT 10,4 km)

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Butterhead said:
I saw what I needed to see. Bring July, the freak is up for some serious whipping. 2 months without racing and he go out and do this?

His pedaling looks so much better, he still struggles with the damn saddle, but maybe its just how hes build and the regulations that simply doesnt fit together.

But anyway, bring July I say, the game is on.
From what was seen today the game looks already decided barring accidents
1. Froome
2. Contador
3. Nibali
 
Apr 22, 2012
3,570
0
0
christopherrowe said:
It's not bitterness, obviously. I believe Butterhead is responding to the juvenile and tasteless nature of the quoted comment.
Probably you don't know Butterhead - he's the last one to call out mods :eek:
 
Jun 3, 2014
11
0
0
trifun said:
Maybe he'd like it better without the saddle. Would be stucked, for sure.
Froome certainly makes him feel like without the saddle.
tomorrow will come fast and we will sit behind Tv screen and we will enjoy to watch the race and I think we in date to see how contador will Compensates 8 seconds for him and the progress in the overall standings ., i think that will happen . just wait to tomorrow ..
 
I see another stage thread degenerates into an immature slanging match, littered with barely disguised Clinic references after the undesired person delivered the expected result.

I think that most of those heading to Yorkshire in July as team leaders did a pretty good job.
Cold Contador must be pleased with his performance. If he is climbing as well, sparks may fly.
Nibali, too, but for some strange reason he seems to have lost time going down a hill, rather than up.
Far better than anticipated from VDB, although who knows where his next crash awaits him?
Talansky, super too.
Kelderman carrying his excellent Giro form through.
The only one slight under par appears to be TJVG, although after only 10kms, it's a meaningless assessment.
 
Sep 8, 2009
15,305
0
0
The Hitch said:
Damn for 2 minutes contador fans must ha e thought The Great One is back. And then froomies time comes up and their dreams are broken for another year.
contador last year wouldn't have finished in the top 25:rolleyes:
the great one is back. but just like i said since 2012, there is a big chance,froome is strongest than contador 2009 and even best version of armstrong. so we can't blame alberto for now. he did superb
 
Jan 3, 2011
4,596
0
0
The Hitch said:
Damn for 2 minutes contador fans must ha e thought The Great One is back. And then froomies time comes up and their dreams are broken for another year.
Less than a sec pr km loss is a huge result i my book. My confidence on behalf of AC increased a lot today. Had expected a loss of about 20-25 secs and a 15-25 stage result. But tomorrow will tell us more.
 
May 17, 2014
279
0
0
IndianCyclist said:
From what was seen today the game looks already decided barring accidents
1. Froome
2. Contador
3. Nibali
Why is it decided? Froome 2013>Contador 2009 in ITT. Let's wait until tomorrow at least.
 
Hugo Koblet said:
Can you give one example of Froome being a terrible bike handler?
Froome was a terrible bike handler in his early years as a pro in Europe, due to his lack of coaching and experience in European races. Fortunately for him this was easily fixable over time.
 
Jul 7, 2013
529
0
0
Mellow Velo said:
I see another stage thread degenerates into an immature slanging match, littered with barely disguised Clinic references after the undesired person delivered the expected result.

I think that most of those heading to Yorkshire in July as team leaders did a pretty good job.
Cold Contador must be pleased with his performance.
Nibali, too, but for some strange reason he seems to have lost time going down a hill, rather than up.
Far better than anticipated from VDB, although who knows where his next crash awaits him?
Talansky, super too.
Kelderman carrying his excellent Giro form through.
The only one slight under par appears to be TJVG, although after only 10kms, it's a meaningless assessment.
Why was he 20/1 to win yesterday then?
 
Anybody has splits for the second part?

I don't get the excitement about Nibs performance. He's always been excellent in short TTs and this was tailor made for him. Its nice to see him in the top10 but I'll wait until tomorrow before making any assessment on his form.
 
Jan 3, 2011
4,596
0
0
SafeBet said:
Anybody has splits for the second part?

I don't get the excitement about Nibs performance. He's always been excellent in short TTs and this was tailor made for him. Its nice to see him in the top10 but I'll wait until tomorrow before making any assessment on his form.
True, Nibs has been off all season. I really hope he has hit the form in time.
 
Jul 7, 2013
529
0
0
Mellow Velo said:
I see another stage thread degenerates into an immature slanging match, littered with barely disguised Clinic references after the undesired person delivered the expected result.

I think that most of those heading to Yorkshire in July as team leaders did a pretty good job.
Cold Contador must be pleased with his performance. If he is climbing as well, sparks may fly.
Nibali, too, but for some strange reason he seems to have lost time going down a hill, rather than up.
Far better than anticipated from VDB, although who knows where his next crash awaits him?
Talansky, super too.
Kelderman carrying his excellent Giro form through.
The only one slight under par appears to be TJVG, although after only 10kms, it's a meaningless assessment.
AICA ribonucleotide said:
Why was he 20/1 to win yesterday then?
Mellow Velo said:
Because it's cycling, not horse racing.
Froome himself even said it was unexpected

https://twitter.com/chrisfroome/status/475712534134423552

Chris Froome Verified account
‏@chrisfroome
Chuffed to bits with today's prologue. A bit unexpected, it's going to be a tough one to hold on to. #Dauphine
 
AICA ribonucleotide said:
Froome himself even said it was unexpected

https://twitter.com/chrisfroome/status/475712534134423552

Chris Froome Verified account
‏@chrisfroome
Chuffed to bits with today's prologue. A bit unexpected, it's going to be a tough one to hold on to. #Dauphine

Here's all the odds:
http://www.oddschecker.com/cycling/criterium-du-dauphine/winner

Check them out.
Jungles at 200/1

Like I said, cycling, not horse racing.
Yet a lot moaning here, were also predicting the win, early in the thread.
 
Jul 7, 2013
529
0
0
Mellow Velo said:
Here's all the odds:
http://www.oddschecker.com/cycling/criterium-du-dauphine/winner

Check them out.
Jungles at 200/1

Like I said, cycling, not horse racing.
Yet a lot moaning here, were also predicting the win, early in the thread.
I'm not talking about the odds for the Dauphine (Froome was always odds on favourite for that). I'm talking about the odds for today's stage. Froome was 20/1 to win today's time trial. He was not expected to win today. I've no idea how to explain this more simply.

He has no right with his body shape to be winning flat time trials of this length.
 
Aug 4, 2010
11,337
0
0
The Hitch said:
Damn for 2 minutes contador fans must ha e thought The Great One is back. And then froomies time comes up and their dreams are broken for another year.
LaFlorecita said:
Guysss,I mean,these comments dont look like written by you...:(
 
Jun 19, 2013
142
0
0
OK 8 seconds is not the end of the world, but then again the course was only 10km long. The time gap between 2nd and 10th was smaller than the gap between 1st and 2nd. Make no mistake `Berto got mugged today unfortunately there were two classes of rider out there, Froome and the rest of the peloton.

Still its early days yet that was just an appetizer and whilst we are on the subject of food, don't knock Eurosport, they might bring back Dave Duffield, who loved goats cheese as much as he did cycling. :)
 
Dec 27, 2013
938
0
0
xanadu said:
OK 8 seconds is not the end of the world, but then again the course was only 10km long. The time gap between 2nd and 10th was smaller than the gap between 1st and 2nd. Make no mistake `Berto got mugged today unfortunately there were two classes of rider out there, Froome and the rest of the peloton.

Still its early days yet that was just an appetizer and whilst we are on the subject of food, don't knock Eurosport, they might bring back Dave Duffield, who loved goats cheese as much as he did cycling. :)
Oh please :rolleyes:

Froome is just a better time trialist, its not so weird, no need to put him on pedastal just because he did what was expected of him.

8 seconds is nothing, not even 1 second pr. km, and you have no idea with which effort they went into it, AC already said before the start he wouldnt take any risks down the technical descent. Froome obviously rode full gas all the way.
 
AICA ribonucleotide said:
I'm not talking about the odds for the Dauphine (Froome was always odds on favourite for that). I'm talking about the odds for today's stage. Froome was 20/1 to win today's time trial. He was not expected to win today. I've no idea how to explain this more simply.

He has no right with his body shape to be winning flat time trials of this length.
Sorry, but I don't know my way around a betting sight..
But I see he's 2/1 for tomorrow, yes?
What were Contador's odds for today, since he finished second?
Who was the bookies favourite?
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY