• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Criterium du Dauphine 2014: Stage 3, Ambert - Le Teil 194 km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
After what happened in the Giro when FDJ and Trek blew a win by playing poker I think this time they will work together and it will be a sprint. Demare no certainty to win the sprint though, he's been beaten plenty of times this season by sprinters around Nizzolo's level

Eyeballs Out said:
Demare no certainty to win the sprint though, he's been beaten plenty of times this season by sprinters around Nizzolo's level

Sure, there are no certainties in sprinting or any other aspect of the sport. But the only rider who has beaten Demare in a straight up all together now bunch sprint for the win since Scheldeprijs is Bryan Coquard, and he's doing Tour de Suisse, for whatever that's worth (and Demare beat Coquard twice after that, I think). Anyway, you could say the same thing in reverse, couldn't you? Nizzolo has been beaten plenty of times this season by sprinters around Demare's level?

Should it come down to a sprint, I still say the smart money's on Demare. But of course, I've never been smart with money.

Demare gets found out today. Beaten by Nizzolo. Nizzolo regularly beaten by Bouhanni. Madiot pooh-poohs this result as an anomaly. Madiot sends Demare to the Tour. Bouhanni fumes like a Chinese power plant. Bouhanni goes to ..........

I will let someone else finish this off.

wirral said:
Demare gets found out today. Beaten by Nizzolo. Nizzolo regularly beaten by Bouhanni. Madiot pooh-poohs this result as an anomaly. Madiot sends Demare to the Tour. Bouhanni fumes like a Chinese power plant. Bouhanni goes to ..........

I will let someone else finish this off.

Yes, this.

christopherrowe said:
Which kind of makes those races like this one, I guess. :)

True.

xanadu said:
A bit of a Voeckler fan myself but that pancake flat run into the finish will have the sprinters licking their lips. Gotta think their teams will be all over a serial escapee like Voeckler with a finish as sprinter friendly as this one.
Besides Voeckler climbed well yesterday and is riding high in the GC, the peloton wont let him don the leaders jersey, once he gets one of those yellow bibs he wont give it back.

Yep, Voeckler isn't in play today.

Gotta go much deeper in GC to find a likely break winner.

There off really early with these early finishes. I am off to a metting so likely I will be catching this on replay before tennis tonight. Seems interesting route to ride , maybe 10km less of flat or a late bump would have indeed brought a nice balance.

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Well, I guess Thor HAVE to show something now, he rides for a new contract with a new team, and he have nothing to offer.

He have to do something today, either he goes out on a break and hopes the best, or takes the chance in the bunch, but when was the last time he won a bunch sprint... yep thats right!, -not today either.

Demare FTW :p

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Lol not only is the Eurosport commentary the worst in the history of TV, they also decided Saturday's stage won't be broadcasted due to the 24 hours of Le Mans. I mean, I know there's other sports apart from cycling but this is the most boring event in the most boring 'sport' on earth (apart from rally, which is awesome obviously). Seriously, who cares about a bunch of thicko's doing rounds for 24 hrs in something which supposedly is a car?

Just had to share my frustration :D

TRENDING THREADS