• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Criterium du Dauphine 2014 - Who's gonna win?

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who's gonna win Dauphine?

• Others (Kelderman, Kwiatkowski, Van Den Broeck

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Anybody have any thoughts on how Team Katusha's Daniel Moreno might go in this race? I know he's had a quiet year compared to '12 and '13, but I wonder if he might be building up. Unless he's been ill or an had an accident or something since last year's Vuelta that I haven't heard about. Anyway, when I was looking at the CQ rankings of participating riders I was surprised to see him slot in fourth, right below Kwiatkowski and well above some riders people have talked more about like Van Garderen and Kelderman.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
christopherrowe said:
Anybody have any thoughts on how Team Katusha's Daniel Moreno might go in this race? I know he's had a quiet year compared to '12 and '13, but I wonder if he might be building up. Unless he's been ill or an had an accident or something since last year's Vuelta that I haven't heard about. Anyway, when I was looking at the CQ rankings of participating riders I was surprised to see him slot in fourth, right below Kwiatkowski and well above some riders people have talked more about like Van Garderen and Kelderman.

Moreno got decent form this year, nothing more. His big goal was to help Purito in the Giro of course. He didn't have the form himself to really make an impact that Tour

If you look at this year, he got more chanches then ever to show himself in the biggest races. He didn't lived up to it. However, with his Giro-post form, he should be able to fight for a stage win. Plenty of opportunities for him.