• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Criterium International - St 1: Porto Vecchio Col de lÂ’Ospedale, 176km

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Criterium International - St 1: Porto Vecchio Col de l’Ospedale, 176km

PROFIL.gif

Km 56.0 - Côte de Roccapina (SARTENE) - 3.0 km climb to 4 %
Km 92.5 - VIGGIANELLO - 4.6 km climb to 5.5 %
Km 115.0 - Col de Mela - 10.1 km climb to 6 %
Km 134.5 -Col de Bacinu - 10.0 km climb to 4.5 %

PROFILKMS.gif

Km 175.5 - PORTO-VECCHIO (Col de l'Ospedale) - 14.2 km climb to 6.2 %

Riders to watch: Rogers, Contador, Vinokourov, Armstrong, Machado, Martin, Evans, moncoutie, Lofkvist, Soler, Cobo, S.Sanchez, B.Felliu and Hoogerland.

Who will win?

May 6, 2009
Visit site
One thing is certain is that Machado will attack, and in all honesty, I would love to see Vino have a strong ride. Same with Moncoutie and Soler.

Do Eurosport usually show this race or is it because Lord Piestrong is racing?

I'm very curious to see how this course will be ridden by the cats currently on form.

If they ride hard and are not able to drop Sir Lardalot, I'll be very suspicious.

Reality says that he has to, he must go down tomorrow. If he stays with the main contenders then it will be a victory for Ferarri. What else would enable him to ride into form after what he's shown us so far this year?

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Riders to watch: Rogers, Contador, Vinokourov, Armstrong, Machado, Martin, Evans, moncoutie, Lofkvist, Soler, Cobo, S.Sanchez, B.Felliu and Hoogerland.

Who will win?

Defintely Contador will gonna take this one.But Armstrong shouldnt be included in your riders to watch list,IMO!

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
15:00
CYCLISME
CYCLISME : Criterium International - 1ère journée (1h)

Time zone Paris.

Eurosport 1, so I am guessing a number of feeds will be available.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
im just looking forward to enjoying a great race :)

i already know that texas will be dropped and his fans will invent all sorts of justifications. i could not care less except i want to see vino dropping him too.

im just thinking how the race will develop, who will attack and where, how the shack and astana play out the team tactics etc etc.

its gonna be great.

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
python said:
im just looking forward to enjoying a great race :)

i already know that texas will be dropped and his fans will invent all sorts of justifications. i could not care less except i want to see vino dropping him too.

im just thinking how the race will develop, who will attack and where, how the shack and astana play out the team tactics etc etc.

its gonna be great.

Good weather (I hope), great scenery, four long climbs plus a tough mountain finish. If I knew I'd have English language commentary to go with the video, it would be perfect.

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Tactics of Astana and RS will be tested as well. Bruyneel vs Martinelli sounds exciting (although the press-release says that Guido Bontempi will be directing Astana at the race, seems like Martinelli will be supervising anyway cos he came at TA after PN was over).

Another feed http://video-direct.france2.fr/

step23 said:
Tactics of Astana and RS will be tested as well. Bruyneel vs Martinelli sounds exciting (although the press-release says that Guido Bontempi will be directing Astana at the race, seems like Martinelli will be supervising anyway cos he came at TA after PN was over).

Another feed http://video-direct.france2.fr/

Martinelli is directing the Cataluyna squad. This will only be Bontempi. I was actually very surprised that Bruyneel shows up for this. There won't be much of a tactical race here. It's exactly one mountain stage and one semi flat stage. If AC wants to win it, with his current form, no one is going to stop him for doing that.

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
oops!:eek: it's been a long day!

Actually, I thought it was today as well!

I had it down as Friday evening our time (i.e. in the east)

edit: Although I can highly recommend Eurosport 2 in French as they appear to be showing people ice-skating (not ski-ing, ice-skating) down hills on an artificial track through the streets of somewhere, I think Quebec. With jumps and stuff.

Aug 19, 2009
Visit site
Big GMaC said:
Actually, I thought it was today as well!

I had it down as Friday evening our time (i.e. in the east)

edit: Although I can highly recommend Eurosport 2 in French as they appear to be showing people ice-skating (not ski-ing, ice-skating) down hills on an artificial track through the streets of somewhere, I think Quebec. With jumps and stuff.

Crashed Ice!!! Record worthy.

2005-crashed-ice-150105ih16-360x240.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4os2ufb5EuE

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
First quotes from Contador's press conference.

Asked at a news conference on a possible message to the seven-time U.S. Tour winner, Contador has outlined a smile and said: "No message. I come here only because it's best for my preparation and I send no message anyone.

The Spaniard explained that he changed his schedule "because (his) preparation for the Tour is almost perfect at the moment."

My results were very good. Paris-Nice was a tough race. After that, the Tour of Catalonia, it was seven days of racing with a term not very good for my characteristics. The Criterium is only two days with a good run for me, "he said after Thursday acknowledged the course of the race of the coastlines and Friday's against the clock.

Asked about the competitors he most feared, Contador said he had "several strong riders."

"I can not give any names. But there is one who is strong, it's Cadel Evans, the Australian world champion," he added.

Regarding Armstrong, he said that "there are riders who are currently in better shape than him."
http://www.lematin.ch/flash-info/criterium-international-contador-envoie-message-armstrong

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
My prediction at about 5km to go Cadel will try to attack then AC will follow then go by him with Sammy Sanchez, then Sanchez will fade at 3.5km to go then AC proceeds to stomp the field. Cadel finishes about 4th 40 seconds down while lance comes in 34th about two minutes and 30 secs down.

TRENDING THREADS