• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Criterium International - St 1: Porto Vecchio Col de lÂ’Ospedale, 176km

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
:confused: ummm... the official site states it as issoisso says.

machado +11
SS +15

NO - STFU
16:48 - Fedrigo wins 1st stage
Pierrick Fedrigo (BBOx) won the 177-kms fist stage. Tiago Machado (RadioShack) was second, 10 seconds behind, and Samuel Sanchez (Euskaltel) was third, a further two seconds adrift.

On my other post the overall was copied .

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
NO - STFU
16:48 - Fedrigo wins 1st stage
Pierrick Fedrigo (BBOx) won the 177-kms fist stage. Tiago Machado (RadioShack) was second, 10 seconds behind, and Samuel Sanchez (Euskaltel) was third, a further two seconds adrift.

On my other post the overall was copied .

lol take it easy bud. just posting it as i see it. It's only a couple seconds anyway, nothing to get in a frenzy over.

http://www.letour.fr/2010/CRI/LIVE/fr/100/classement/index.html

Contador should have done better. This is disappointing, especially since he had a couple of Radio Shack idiots finish ahead of him.

But Fatstrong did his thing. His gut looked enormous, he hasn't lost a bit of weight, looks terrible and needed an armada of teammates to drag his fat behind to the finish almost 5 minutes behind.

May 15, 2009
Visit site
from contador's twitter:

Dia duro,la alergia ha aperecido,ha sido una pena no entrar con los primeros por mis compañeros,ahora recuper

google translate:

Hard Day, allergy has aperecido, it was a shame not to go with the first for my teammates, now recuper

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Alberto had better apologise to Vino:(

Vino was targeting this race until and could have won - if Alberto did not switch HIS schedule to come here. Me Me Me. Wonder if Alberto checked to see what wheels Vino was using today...waawaa.

Instead, Vino has to waste his strength pulling the peloton up the mountain.
WTF for?

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
python said:
i kinda thought that berto looked strained when vino went to the front.

Yep. He was looking off already while Fofnov was still pulling... but I didn't want to believe it and went into denial.
:(
Still, great rides by others, and good viewing. Well done Fedrigo, SS, and Evans

Polish said:
Alberto had better apologise to Vino:(

Vino was targeting this race until and could have won - if Alberto did not switch HIS schedule to come here. Me Me Me. Wonder if Alberto checked to see what wheels Vino was using today...waawaa.

As much as I like Vino, he's lucky he has a job with a Pro Tour team. He could have easily went the way of Tyler and 'Roid Floyd. He should be thanking Contador for not leaving when everyone else did because then there would be no team left for him to ride for.

So no, I do not agree with your assessment. But I loved the way he rode-strong as an ox and right where he should have been-pulling for his team leader.

Polish said:
Instead, Vino has to waste his strength pulling the peloton up the mountain.
WTF for?

To get a dose of what his job will be like come July. Not a problem.

Berzin said:
As much as I like Vino, he's lucky he has a job with a Pro Tour team. He could have easily went the way of Tyler and 'Roid Floyd. He should be thanking Contador for not leaving when everyone else did because then there would be no team left for him to ride for.

So no, I do not agree with your assessment. But I loved the way he rode-strong as an ox and right where he should have been-pulling for his team leader.

To get a dose of what his job will be like come July. Not a problem.

Agreed. Astana put in some good work today. Unfortunate that AC didn't have it, but that's the risk you take when you have a guy like him on your squad. All or nothing.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Wonder if Vino will have a go for the stage win tomorrow?

Great, great ride by Fedrigo - was quite surprised at how easily he dropped Machado. This has to be Sanchez's to lose now, surely?

AC said it was tough at P-N and that was why he pulled out of Catalunya - his planned schedule was too heavy duty for him. He looked to be struggling at P-N and he struggled here - just remember, as the fanboys like to say, it's not July yet and at least he rode the stage at the right end of the race - the front ;)