• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cuisine Corner

Page 39 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Lamb Shoulder Chop, Honey Glazed Carrots,
Salad of Romaine, Red Onion, Balsamic Vinaigrette, and Multi-Grain Croutons.
— at Ejido Primo Tapia, B.C., Mexico
15609870909_a2f685867b_c.jpg

May 19, 2010
Visit site
mrhender said:
So what do you eat for christmas?

Tour of Norway land:
Pork (approx. like the Danish ribbenstek christmas dinner)

Tour des Fjords land + Arctic Tour land:

Pinnekjøtt: steamed cured (salted, smoked (optional) and dried) ribs of lamb, smoked lamb sausage, mashed swedes (neeps) and boiled potatoes

For dessert: Cloudberry cream w/krumkake (a waffle cookie)
multekrem6.jpg

mrhender said:
And for dessert:
RIS A' LA MANDE

Officially it is spelled risalamande and if you want to frenchify it, it's spelled ris à l'amande (almond is amande, not mande in French) ;) :p

I just want to add that I absolutely love risalamande and easily eat more than the 2nd and 3rd combined in my family (and yes that is after also eating the most during the main course, I guess you can say that I really like Christmas dinner)

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Netserk said:
Officially it is spelled risalamande and if you want to frenchify it, it's spelled ris à l'amande (almond is amande, not mande in French) ;) :p

I just want to add that I absolutely love risalamande and easily eat more than the 2nd and 3rd combined in my family (and yes that is after also eating the most during the main course, I guess you can say that I really like Christmas dinner)

Ahhh.. Mr. nit-pick ; :)

Have you ever gotten the almond?
In my family we have the tradition of hiding the almond in the cheek to get others eat more.. Is that a common thing?

mrhender said:
Ahhh.. Mr. nit-pick ; :)

Have you ever gotten the almond?
In my family we have the tradition of hiding the almond in the cheek to get others eat more.. Is that a common thing?
Yeah I think that is quite common. I usually continue to have a few portions after it has been revealed who got the almond though :p

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Netserk said:
Yeah I think that is quite common. I usually continue to have a few portions after it has been revealed who got the almond though :p

LOL

Beware of you weight Netserk -Only 7 months to the TDF..

We need you in proper shape..... :D

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Netserk said:
My current weight is 63kg (I'm 178cm tall). ;)

I love my genes :D

Well done :)

We must have similar genes.. I'am 180 and is 69kg

And i've never been careful with my "diet"..

I can just look at the Nupo -and lose weight... :eek:

Careful, guys! It en't gonna stick - the not-gaining-weight-thing; some day the stuff you eat is gonna stick.

As for hiding almonds, some in my family do, some don't, and then there was the one time when my younger sister accidentally ate it. In her defence; she weren't very old.
I don't like risalamande that much, sure; I can eat it (something which only happened in recent years) but I'm going crazy over it, much prefer risengrød. :D

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
New Menu Item

New Breakfast burrito makes the grade.
an instant hit.
so good.
almost went live on krebs kitchen but I was too hungry to dilly dally.

Some Bacon
16280216131_fb0cd99984_b.jpg

Eggs fried in good ol' bacon grease. Remember the can of grease in the fridge growing up?
16280215691_bd5f06b480_b.jpg

Refried Beans and cheese
16281166512_e38730770f_b.jpg

Throw it all on a flour tortilla and top with fresh chopped serrano chile
16094471038_a6ba84af16_b.jpg

twist it all up

TRENDING THREADS