• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cycling Ettiquete - The Rules

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
I like rule 9....but if I'm out in bad weather it means I either got the forecast wrong, or a load of charity cash is dependent on me being on the bike.

But if the man says I'm a badass, who am I to argue :D

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
RedheadDane said:
Well... if I'm out in bad weather it means that DAMMIT! School doesn't care if the weather's bad!

true that sucked about school:(
rules 5 and 9 are badass and suddenly I feel badass too for racing and training in bad weather :D

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
barn yard said:
black bar tape fail.

Thank you - I could not agree more!

I will admit , I did experiment with some different colours when I was younger - but always adhered to the strict criteria of matching bike and outfit.

However I now exclusively use white cork bartape.

While I realise black bar-tape may be used during the off season or during periods of incliment weather anyone continuing to use throughout the season should be banned for 4 years and if done with black socks it should be life and/or forced to move to mountain biking.

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
I found the n+1 rule to be spot on. I currently find myself disappointed at my road bike although there's nothing wrong with it at all. My soul just needs a new bike.
Who needs a Caribbean holiday when you can get a Bianchi...
and savings? what the hell is that?

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Fourier said:
I found the n+1 rule to be spot on. I currently find myself disappointed at my road bike although there's nothing wrong with it at all. My soul just needs a new bike.
Who needs a Caribbean holiday when you can get a Bianchi...
and savings? what the hell is that?

indeed! nothing more beautifull than a Bianchi-green Bianchi :D

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I dunno. I'm all in favor of Rule 5, but then there's all this nonsense about appearance and color coordination and shaving legs and tan lines and I can't help but shout: "refer back to Rule 5!!" Of course, there are really only two rules and they're pretty much the same rule:

Rule 1: see Rule 5
Rule 2: What would Jens do?

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Roland Rat said:
Seriously, dude, it's CELESTE. Not "Bianchi-green". Celeste. Repeat after me... Cel-este.

:rolleyes: Amateur.

cel-
est -
e
celest- bianchi green :D I've always called it that and I always will :)
Bianchi green sounds cooler than celeste to btw :p

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Thank you - I could not agree more!

I will admit , I did experiment with some different colours when I was younger - but always adhered to the strict criteria of matching bike and outfit.

However I now exclusively use white cork bartape.

While I realise black bar-tape may be used during the off season or during periods of incliment weather anyone continuing to use throughout the season should be banned for 4 years and if done with black socks it should be life and/or forced to move to mountain biking.

basically its only americans and mtbers who whinge about white bar tape and exclusively use black tape and wear black socks/shoes.

white tape is not hard to keep clean and is not expensive to replace... plus keeping it white shows you maintain your bike and care about the one percenters.