• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cycling Ettiquete - The Rules

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
I like rule 9....but if I'm out in bad weather it means I either got the forecast wrong, or a load of charity cash is dependent on me being on the bike.

But if the man says I'm a badass, who am I to argue :D

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
RedheadDane said:
Well... if I'm out in bad weather it means that DAMMIT! School doesn't care if the weather's bad!

true that sucked about school:(
rules 5 and 9 are badass and suddenly I feel badass too for racing and training in bad weather :D

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
barn yard said:
black bar tape fail.

Thank you - I could not agree more!

I will admit , I did experiment with some different colours when I was younger - but always adhered to the strict criteria of matching bike and outfit.

However I now exclusively use white cork bartape.

While I realise black bar-tape may be used during the off season or during periods of incliment weather anyone continuing to use throughout the season should be banned for 4 years and if done with black socks it should be life and/or forced to move to mountain biking.

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
I found the n+1 rule to be spot on. I currently find myself disappointed at my road bike although there's nothing wrong with it at all. My soul just needs a new bike.
Who needs a Caribbean holiday when you can get a Bianchi...
and savings? what the hell is that?

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Fourier said:
I found the n+1 rule to be spot on. I currently find myself disappointed at my road bike although there's nothing wrong with it at all. My soul just needs a new bike.
Who needs a Caribbean holiday when you can get a Bianchi...
and savings? what the hell is that?

indeed! nothing more beautifull than a Bianchi-green Bianchi :D

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I dunno. I'm all in favor of Rule 5, but then there's all this nonsense about appearance and color coordination and shaving legs and tan lines and I can't help but shout: "refer back to Rule 5!!" Of course, there are really only two rules and they're pretty much the same rule:

Rule 1: see Rule 5
Rule 2: What would Jens do?

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Roland Rat said:
Seriously, dude, it's CELESTE. Not "Bianchi-green". Celeste. Repeat after me... Cel-este.

:rolleyes: Amateur.

cel-
est -
e
celest- bianchi green :D I've always called it that and I always will :)
Bianchi green sounds cooler than celeste to btw :p

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Thank you - I could not agree more!

I will admit , I did experiment with some different colours when I was younger - but always adhered to the strict criteria of matching bike and outfit.

However I now exclusively use white cork bartape.

While I realise black bar-tape may be used during the off season or during periods of incliment weather anyone continuing to use throughout the season should be banned for 4 years and if done with black socks it should be life and/or forced to move to mountain biking.

basically its only americans and mtbers who whinge about white bar tape and exclusively use black tape and wear black socks/shoes.

white tape is not hard to keep clean and is not expensive to replace... plus keeping it white shows you maintain your bike and care about the one percenters.

TRENDING THREADS