• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cycling on USA TVs, desktops, laptops, and handheld devices

Page 50 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I know Peacock carries the Dauphine, but the website doesn't show anything upcoming.
I can't find upcoming listing there especially for cycling until a week to a few days before races. Their listing and other streaming services listings are terrible for the most part. Hard to find anythings without knowing for sure if it's on their site or have a correct name for event or movie, show or series.

Reactions: Carols and SHAD0W93
Peacock is listing Dauphine coverage.
The first four stages begin 9am - ish.
Be aware that as with past Dauphines, the final two (next weekend) stages end ungodly early for West Coast or Mtn time zones, so as not to overlap with French Open tennis coverage. Those important stages are due to finish by around 6:00am Pac.
I assume Peacock’s coverage will match the Euro feed, so from 4:00-6:00am Pac or whatever it is.

I guess we are spared CVV and Bob Roll for the week day stages of the Dauphine.

We get McCrossin? for the international feed. I'm not sure if that is the correct spelling.

i gotta say that VV and Roll were awesome calling that stage yesterday. it was refreshing to hear commentary with no favoritism or jingoism. even McCrossan loves to overreact to the British riders. yesterday we had an American on the precipice of winning the whole race and they were just as excited when Roglic saved it at the end. the way they called that entire finale was super exciting. idk why people dont like them, especially when we know what the alternatives are.

With the VPN, were you watching the Swiss broadcast on SRF.ch? Usually their feed is good quality. Or were you looking for English only?

It was the SRF Zwei feed I found on Cyclingfans, and it was in German. Well, if you can consider Swiss German German. lol! Though I speak German I don't mind feeds in other foreign languages...

Is the SRF link you posted different from the one I tried earlier today?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
It was the SRF Zwei feed I found on Cyclingfans, and it was in German. Well, if you can consider Swiss German German. lol! Though I speak German I don't mind feeds in other foreign languages...

Is the SRF link you posted different from the one I tried earlier today?
It’s very likely the same. I just went to their list of upcoming live broadcasts. I haven’t gotten up early enough to watch the 1st 2 stages but will check it out tomorrow.

That’s funny about the Swiss German😄 If you ever get a chance to watch the film “Bonjour Switzerland,” it a crack-up mostly making fun of Schweitzer Deutsch

It’s very likely the same. I just went to their list of upcoming live broadcasts. I haven’t gotten up early enough to watch the 1st 2 stages but will check it out tomorrow.

That’s funny about the Swiss German😄 If you ever get a chance to watch the film “Bonjour Switzerland,” it a crack-up mostly making fun of Schweitzer Deutsch
The Swiss stream in Swiss German on SRF is a lot better today, and the Swiss French RTS is also quite good. As long as it works I'll watch the Swiss German stream just because I get a kick out of trying to figure out just how many words of Swiss German I can make out... one commentator sounds almost German, the other one I'm not so sure. 🤣

The Swiss stream in Swiss German on SRF is a lot better today, and the Swiss French RTS is also quite good. As long as it works I'll watch the Swiss German stream just because I get a kick out of trying to figure out just how many words of Swiss German I can make out... one commentator sounds almost German, the other one I'm not so sure. 🤣
That dialect is rather thick!

The one with the thick dialect is Sven Montgomery, who used to be a pro with Gerolsteiner and FDJ some 20 years ago.

I really liked the way they commentated on the snail race for the mountain points today :D

I liked how the other guy (not Sven) said very calmly das ärgert mich jetzt maßlos. :tearsofjoy:

I like the Swiss German commentary so far because the guy I can halfway understand is pretty calm and diplomatic, and Sven I can't even understand. I think that's a pretty nice balance.