• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

cycling scenery

favourite cycling scenery?

• Green forest

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Pedal across the Land of the Bible, from snow-capped Mt. Hermon in the North to sunny Eilat on the shores of the Red Sea - a 747 km cycling challenge passing through regions, cities and sites that evoke memories of biblical history and the topography of Old & New Testament lands.

What is your favourite scenery? snowy mountains or dry deserts? high altitude or the lowest place in the world?

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
Shameless self promotion

If we're going to use the forum to plug cycling vacations, I'll plug the McLaren Vale region of South Australia.

Medium length rolling to steep climbs, stunning beaches, world beating vineyards, pineforests, Onakparinga Gorge National Park, superb gourmet food and wine.

All within 40 minutes drive of Adelaide's CBD.

Did I mention two stages of the Tour Down Under come through the region and almost every other stage comes within a nice ride's distance from here.

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I got dropped on a big climb during a race. 30 km to ride alone back to the finish through butifull sceanery.
I race through that road several times a year but all you usualy see is the wheel in front.
Hanging on for dear life.
Didnt know it was so nice.