• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Dan Martin discussion thread

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
He probably might be back for the Tour but how fit he will be, is another matter altogether. It's messed up his calendar massively and he could even end up doing the Vuelta after the Tour.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I had big hopes for Dan heading into this race. He showed in Ardennes he had the form and this race was his big goal. I had him down for a top 10, possibly top 5 if he did really well.

Really hope he can recover from his injuries quickly and have a good showing in the Tour or Vuelta (whichever he chooses to do).

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully for Dan is not a complicated broken Collarbone. Let's hope he will be able to ride the Tour. Always nice to see a rider like him there!

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
There's an interview from after the Irish RR championships here. Apparently the TdF was never on his radar.

“Obviously I was back for Cycle4Life but I haven’t really done much training lately. I’m building up for the Vuelta so I don’t really want to be training too hard yet.

“I go to Austria next week and that’ll be my first stage race back.”

mr. tibbs said:
So Talansky coming up and Wiggins (possibly) coming over. Dan Martin to Cannondale. :cool:

I know you are joking, but in all seriousness, he won't move unless he is offered crazy money. He has leadership or at worst co leadership in any race he wants and very strong support in the hilly classics. Plus he has spent his whole career there.

There would be basically no overlap of roles with Wiggins in any case.

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Fantastic from Martin today. You could see he was shaken after the crash but he kept plugging away. His GC ambitions have to deserve serious team support from now on.

Martin really looks like 6th best climber of the race. Only La Zubia stage and TTs caused he needed to come from outside top10 in GC, but he is now going to finish the race somewhere in the middle of the top10 unless he will get caught by bad luck or form crisis.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts