• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

David Millar´s Book

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 24, 2010
Visit site
It's actually a pretty good read and from my perspective he comes across as fairly sincere. It is a document about his journey and not mych else, there are no doping blockbusters in it. Well worth a read

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Definitely a good read. A page turner and kinda witty at times. For me it was very insightful as I don't have a cycling background myself and I haven't read any "cycling-books" before. (Anything else I really should pick up? I mostly interested in modern cycling.)

One thing about the book confirmed my suspicions on the sport of cycling though.
There's no arguing that competition wise cycling is one of the harder sports out their, but when it comes to training, cyclists can do a lot better. Compared to cross country skiing which I know from the inside cycling has a lot to learn. I'm talking about nutrition, organization, off-season training, form build up...everything really.. (I'm taking into account here that Millar has partied way more than the average cyclist and that Cofidis was/is on of the more disorganized and unprofessional teams.) I was repeatedly shocked about Cofidis inability to get Millar a proper TT-bike. Amazing.

I guess that's part of the appeal with cycling. It seems kinda bohemian and more is based on talent, less on professionalism.

TRENDING THREADS