• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

David Walsh piece

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Wow....... Kristin has turned?

Landis and Armstrong’s former wife are understood to be co-operating.
I wonder if she will be labeled a bitter, disgruntled hater with an agenda?

Then again - maybe she found out about this episode.......
It was the spring of 2004, the Armstrongs had separated, Lance had hooked up with the singer Sheryl Crow and was taking her to the Girona apartment for the first time. According to Anderson, who was in Girona ahead of his boss, Armstrong called and asked him to go through the apartment and “de-Kik” it [Armstrong referred to his former wife as Kik]. While doing that task, Anderson claimed he found a small bottle in a medical cabinet that had the label “Androstenin”, and after looking up the list of banned products on his laptop, he was sure his boss was doping.

A

Anonymous

cracking article, from a news corp newspaper

interesting note that the times say KRISTIN ARMSTRONG is co-operating with the authorities along with landis - if thats true could be big news

May 20, 2010
Visit site
You called it. She will be labelled a bitter ex spouse.

Armstrong sure does seem to turn a lot of people bitter. I wonder why that is.

May 21, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
cracking article, from a news corp newspaper

if thats true could be big news

do you just assume that because it is a newscorp paper that it must be riddled with outright lies? cause walsh wrote it and they printed it (in england, no less).

A

Anonymous

burn it down said:
do you just assume that because it is a newscorp paper that it must be riddled with outright lies? cause walsh wrote it and they printed it (in england, no less).

nope.. it was a subtle hint that news corp are one of team sky's major sponsors ;) calm down before you injure yourself.

David walsh is very reputable and the article is very well researched.

A

Anonymous

burn it down said:
was there something about my lack of capitals and proper punctuation that implied that i was worked up?:mad::p

:p..........

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Good article, but it annoys me that he too got the Tour de Suisse 2001/2002 thing wrong. The UCI chaps probably "misunderstood" that on purpose, so I don't know why Walsh is repeating it.

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
Isn't it great to witness, hopefully, the day we have been waiting for. Some of us for a long time, I a more recent casualty, thinking he was such a fantastic bloke(04). I rank this along side of Thatchers downfall, as one of those days where the truth didn't have to hide. Walsh and Kimmage on one side , while on the other, the Quacks Pat Maid will get less audible as he flys off to make an omolote with what is left of the Golden egg. He might even get laid now he doesn't have the cwipple follying him around. How the Irish get into these positions says a lot more about their tenacious backgrounds than it does for the cheating background of our friend, a kind of a lazy approach, it is all the religious backgrounds that are killing him, Pats religion being money.

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
D Avoid said:
Isn't it great to witness, hopefully, the day we have been waiting for.
Indeed. It really feels like the tide is turning. If only a few people step forward to back up Floyd's claims now, then I think we might just see some change for the better in pro cycling, and some cold justice for its malefactors... The end of the Pharmstrong Reign of Terror.

I'm getting misty-eyed just thinking about it. A glorious new dawn awaits. :D

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
you're absolutely right...which is why i asked the question to clarify. i thought we cleared this up. did i ask the question improperly? did you miss my follow up post with humorous emoticon meant to diffuse the situation?

(at least i know who the patrons of the 'clinic' forum are, though. i will watch my tongue in future:rolleyes:)

D Avoid said:
Isn't it great to witness, hopefully, the day we have been waiting for. Some of us for a long time, I a more recent casualty, thinking he was such a fantastic bloke(04). I rank this along side of Thatchers downfall, as one of those days where the truth didn't have to hide. Walsh and Kimmage on one side , while on the other, the Quacks Pat Maid will get less audible as he flys off to make an omolote with what is left of the Golden egg. He might even get laid now he doesn't have the cwipple follying him around. How the Irish get into these positions says a lot more about their tenacious backgrounds than it does for the cheating background of our friend, a kind of a lazy approach, it is all the religious backgrounds that are killing him, Pats religion being money.

I don't think we should get our hopes up too much. There are lots of ways this can play out.

Armstrong will be calling in a lot of markers in, and he has lots of people who owe him.

A

Anonymous

Berzin said:
So, Kirsten Armstrong is going to cooperate.

Why isn't this much bigger news? I have not seen a mention of this bombshell anywhere else.

its tommorows paper, and david walsh is a decent journalist. cycling news will steal the article sometime tommorow along with the rest of the press. :D |I think there are probably a few newspaper eds making hurried phonecalls and it will hit the rest of the press later.. might be tommorow now it being saturday evening now in the US

TeamSkyFans said:
It's tomorrows' paper, and David Walsh is a decent journalist.

I wasn't insinuating doubt about Walshs' integrity. I hope my comment didn't read like that.

I just find it odd that a European newspaper picked up on such an important detail first.

If it's true, oh boy. Wonder how Armstrong and company will spin this one.

Will she also be depicted as mentally unstable and vindictive? This is, after all, the mother of his first children.

The more I think about it, the more anxious I get. This really does have the potential to blow up big, much bigger than I thought.

Berzin said:
I wasn't insinuating doubt about Walshs' integrity. I hope my comment didn't read like that.

I just find it odd that a European newspaper picked up on such an important detail first.

If it's true, oh boy. Wonder how Armstrong and company will spin this one.

Will she also be depicted as mentally unstable and vindictive? This is, after all, the mother of his first children.

The more I think about it, the more anxious I get. This really does have the potential to blow up big, much bigger than I thought.

Walsh would know a lot of people from the research he did for his books. He can probably contact many of those people and get info. He would have the information sources already in place while an American newspaper would have to develop them as the story unfolds.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
I don't think we should get our hopes up too much. There are lots of ways this can play out.

Armstrong will be calling in a lot of markers in, and he has lots of people who owe him.

I agree, but I also think that, in terms of shi!+storms, this is a lot larger than anything Lance has ever faced. The Fed are involved. It's all over the NYTimes front page. At the very least, his reputation will take a huge hit. At the most, total disgrace, even jail. He can't joke and deny his way out of this one. SSDD doesn't apply.

Ginkgo

BANNED
May 22, 2010
Visit site
BikeCentric said:
If that's truly the case then Armstrong really is going down, and going down hard. This will be by far the greatest story of sporting fraud in the history of the World.

you're obviously new to the sport. study up on the history of pro cycling and armstrong's opponents. you'll be surprised. doping was the normal practise.

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
Walsh is the Wizard of Odds, all those years, when all those ears were churning to a different tune, the last Waltz is making a comeback. Kimmage is on fire, Pat Quacks maid has stopped milking the cash cow and he is going back to resuscitating his failed Toupee for the price of one business.

The business in Ireland is, apparently, sewn up by his family. That will have to go aswell. I'll say no more in case it back tyres on me.

Ginkgo

BANNED
May 22, 2010
Visit site
floyd's strategy seems to be 'i couldn't get away with doping - after trying my hardest to do so - so nobody else should be allowed to'.

very unsightly.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Nothing lends credibility to Landis's claims like corroboration from people inside the team and also those who are not but who are inside Armstrong's inner circle. Evidence from Kristin could be devastating. She has remained silent for what 6 years post break-up? It would be hard to portray her as a desperate/bitter ex-spouse when she said nothing for so long and especially as she didn't start this ball rolling.