• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.


Davide Rebellin Being Investigated For Tax Evasion

If you spend more than a certain number of days in a country, they will claim that you are a resident and will tax you. The exact number is usually between 90 and 183 days. For Italy, it is 183 days. They will also consider you a resident if your life is centered in Italy, whatever that means. You always have to pay tax over income earned in Italy, even if you are not a resident.

Interestingly, the whereabouts system means that pro cyclists have a very accurate record of where they spend their time, so an innocent rider could just hand over the whereabouts forms.