• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Dear Jonathon Vaughters...

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Let's remember that JV is only one of many people who could tell us a lot-- and that Postal isn't the only team with a dark past. I'd much rather see a group of current and former riders come forward together, in some kind of a "Truth for Amnesty" deal. Maybe the rider's union needs to take the lead on this.

thehog said:
You need to be fair to Vaughters. Some of you guys just want blood. Vaughters was one of the pioneers of the anti-doping movement. He's not anti-Lance he's anti-doping. There is a difference. Long ago Vaughters was talking to ASO about how to make the Tour clean(er) when the UCI refused to listen. He pushed and pushed and pushed. Vaughters is not going to put his team through the mire to get back at Lance. I think respect where respect is due.

All of the insiders know what went on at USPS its just not in the public domain…. yet.

He knows Lance will fall of his own accord. The secret is out. You don't need JV to pull the trigger. Its coming. Just wait.

As per David Miller. Well what can you say? I note he's not protecting Armstrong but trying to protect the Garmin franchise. Remember Miller was $852,000 in debt during his suspension and Vaughters helped him pay it off and give him ownership in Garmin. Miller's not protecting anti-doping he's protect his stake in Garmin. Hard for Miller to tell Floyd to man up when Miller only manned up once he was thrown in a police jail cell. If that didn't happen Miller would still be doping today. He knows it and openly states it.

Enigmatic post as ever. But it is Millar ala Robert. Not related.

ferryman said:
Enigmatic post as ever.

Released today:- They're talking already. But to the authorities not the media.

The founding concepts of Slipstream Sports were put in place for riders committed to competing clean during their time at Slipstream Sports. We have total confidence not only in our anti-doping culture but also in our riders and staff. Everyone who works for us came here knowing in advance what we stand for as well as the standards to which they will be held.

We cannot change what happened in the past. But we believe it is time for transparency.

We expect anyone in our organization who is contacted by any cycling, anti-doping, or government authority will be open and honest with that authority. In that context, we expect nothing short of 100% truthfulness – whatever that truth is – to the questions they are asked. As long as they express the truth about the past to the appropriate parties, they will continue to have a place in our organization and we will support them for living up to the promise we gave the world when we founded Slipstream Sports.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:

The founding concepts of Slipstream Sports were put in place for riders committed to competing clean during their time at Slipstream Sports. We have total confidence not only in our anti-doping culture but also in our riders and staff. Everyone who works for us came here knowing in advance what we stand for as well as the standards to which they will be held.

We cannot change what happened in the past. But we believe it is time for transparency.

We expect anyone in our organization who is contacted by any cycling, anti-doping, or government authority will be open and honest with that authority. In that context, we expect nothing short of 100% truthfulness – whatever that truth is – to the questions they are asked. As long as they express the truth about the past to the appropriate parties, they will continue to have a place in our organization and we will support them for living up to the promise we gave the world when we founded Slipstream Sports.

link hog, please

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:

Here is the entire press release.

We created Slipstream Sports because we wanted to create a team where cyclists could compete 100% clean.
It is an organization built on the core values of honesty, fairness and optimism. It is built on the belief in our ability to contribute to changing the sport’s future through a persistent commitment to the present.
Today, we continue to follow these core principles. We are very encouraged to see the incredible strides cycling has taken to clean itself up. Though it is important to acknowledge pride in the fact that cycling has never been cleaner, we find ourselves at a critical moment in cycling’s evolution: confronting its past.

thehog said:

Hey Mr Hog love your posts but it is the insight I was referring to. The latest fact you quote is Millar was down £852K. Precise!

When I look at Vaughters, I see Willie Stark from All the King's Men. Stark was a man who got into politics because he genuinely wanted to improve the system, but he found that he had to make compromises to get things done. Eventually he turned into one of the same corrupt bums that convinced him to run for office in the first place.

ferryman said:
Hey Mr Hog love your posts but it is the insight I was referring to. The latest fact you quote is Millar was down £852K. Precise!

and oh look he liked a drink just like our man Floyd! I've also read in a publication to the exact amount of 852k€ of which Vaughters help pay.

______

Cofidis had sacked him; the World Cycling body had banned him for two years; French tax had slapped him with a bill for eight hundred grand and he had massive legal fees.
In October, he packed his possessions into a rental van and drove to his sister’s apartment in London, where he spent the next four months sleeping on the floor. And drinking. He did a lot of drinking.

“I remember, a few days after I got out of jail in Biarritz, sitting on a wall in front of the beach with Frances, looking at some kids playing. ‘France, what am I going to do?’ I said. And she looked at me and said, ‘Cometh the hour, cometh the man’.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/more_sport/article4276524.ece

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I like this press release, it's authorizing or telling DZ and boys to spill the beans if they want to, and they won't get fired, wooo! Don't worry DZ we'll still love you.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:

Man, that almost brings a tear to my eye. Seriously.

I have to compare that to Brailsford's (sorry if I spelled that wrong, too!) statement, which basically threatened anyone (namely Barry) for admitting the past.

I want to be clear: I'm not hoping JV gets on this forum and blabs, I'm hoping that he and the others on his team will speak truthfully when they're questioned by the sport's governing body. This really does give me some hope, and I hope they follow through and are truthful when questioned.

A

Anonymous

santacruz said:
I like this press release, it's authorizing or telling DZ and boys to spill the beans if they want to, and they won't get fired, wooo! Don't worry DZ we'll still love you.

its also saying, if you dont co-operate, or you do lie, youre fired

131313 said:

I have to compare that to Brailsford's (sorry if I spelled that wrong, too!) statement, which basically threatened anyone (namely Barry) for admitting the past.

I want to be clear: I'm not hoping JV gets on this forum and blabs, I'm hoping that he and the others on his team will speak truthfully when they're questioned by the sport's governing body. This really does give me some hope, and I hope they follow through and are truthful when questioned.

Maybe he read your letter? :rolleyes:

May 26, 2010
Visit site
131313 said:

why should they wait to be questioned...if slipstream sports want 100% clean cycling, they should stand up and corroborate what FL has being saying otherwise its all smoke and mirrors that continues with statements of no real substance...JV knows what happened. Ring Novitsky, tell him he can back FL, he's available when ever they want to talk to him. DZ same...nah a few words in a press release to paint Garmin yet again as the saints of cycling...