• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Dekker WTF?????????????????????

Mar 10, 2009
www.myspace.com
So yet another lying cheater is back racing and he has this to say in the interview " I still have that house that you interviewed me in".... you mean the one you bought with drug money?Why the f%$# is Garmin so hot for him? Just sayin'.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Johnny V started connecting the dots that lead to more possible sponsors and that lead him to signing Dekker.

Eventually, the argyle will take on a more Orange tint.

Too bad Johnny V doesn't see the dots leading him back to Santa Clara shallow grave of his old bike.

Indeed I don't quite see why Dekker should be so much worse than others. He doped, got found out, served his time and is riding again. As are many others like Basso, Scarponi, Valverde, Millar, Schumacher, Di Luca, Rebellin, etc.

Regards
GJ

Cranky McSlik said:
So yet another lying cheater is back racing and he has this to say in the interview " I still have that house that you interviewed me in".... you mean the one you bought with drug money?Why the f%$# is Garmin so hot for him? Just sayin'.

Context. Context is the word. He was talking about the house in Belgium he bought on advice by friends and managers to stay away from certain places and go back to a closer-to-home enviroment. When he was first interviewed, the house was just new and there was nothing in it.

So awful when people have no freckin idea what they are talking about and sprout random nonsense like you. Begone!

Cranky McSlik said:

Yes its important if you're caught doping that you lose everything and become desitute. Thats what we need. Cyclists on the poverty line for doping sins. Go ask Floyd. He lost everything - just the way we like it. Then they become bitter and twisted and take down bigger sporting stars because they're jealous of their success.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
Yes its important if you're caught doping that you lose everything and become desitute. Thats what we need. Cyclists on the poverty line for doping sins. Go ask Floyd. He lost everything - just the way we like it. Then they become bitter and twisted and take down bigger sporting stars because they're jealous of their success.

LOOK OUT MENCHOV YOU'RE GOING DOWN NOW

(or something...)

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Here relax a bit FFS. Hes served his suspension & spoke with WADA & if im correct will travel to cycling clubs & explain the perils of living the life he once used too. Give him his second chance. People here want him destitute like Landis. Dekker didnt take public money from people. He didnt hide anything & put his hands up. Let him have his go. I love this place when its the Morality Pit.

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
ElChingon said:
Johnny V started connecting the dots that lead to more possible sponsors and that lead him to signing Dekker.

Eventually, the argyle will take on a more Orange tint.

Too bad Johnny V doesn't see the dots leading him back to Santa Clara shallow grave of his old bike.

I don't think you know what you are talking about. Russian mafia money laundered through Spain may be a great source of sponsorship dollars. It wasn't Nikolai that JV butted heads with. I just hope that he doesn't revert to the hairstyle. Although with a little work, Dekker could pull it off.

18-Valve. (pithy) said:
Dekker feels the same way.

B0ll0cks! When the positive first came out, he did indeed come out and say that he felt unjustly targetted in being the only one who got retro-tested (which is indeed weird if you think of it). Since then he is been quite open and hasn't said anything about having been wronged in any way. Quite the opposite really. I dare you to provide links to back up your claim. :rolleyes:

Regards
GJ

GJB123 said:
B0ll0cks! When the positive first came out, he did indeed come out and say that he felt unjustly targetted in being the only one who got retro-tested (which is indeed weird if you think of it). Since then he is been quite open and hasn't said anything about having been wronged in any way. Quite the opposite really. I dare you to provide links to back up your claim. :rolleyes:

Regards
GJ

So he should lose his house? :confused:

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
"There are worase dopers than him " really ? more BS for the PR machine .

There are a bunch of riders who have not tested positive that are broke too..
Who should the "clean team" look at?Guess JV can sign whoever he wants
Remember deeds not words.

GJB123 said:

Regards
GJ

Since then he did a documentary in case you forgot. Find it yourself. He obviously still felt that way WAY after the fact. Did he suddenly change his mind? Why? If it was "weird" then it is "weird" now. He was already competing clean before his suspension, judging by his horrible 2009 season and JV's remarks.

Regards
18-Valve

18-Valve. (pithy) said:
Since then he did a documentary in case you forgot. Find it yourself. He obviously still felt that way WAY after the fact. Did he suddenly change his mind? Why? If it was "weird" then it is "weird" now. He was already competing clean before his suspension, judging by his horrible 2009 season and JV's remarks.

Regards
18-Valve

I have seen the documentary, thank you very much and although indeed he wasn't actually chastising himself, he did feel sorry for himself and was rather depressed (which in itself isn't that strange now, really?). However at no time during the documentary he said he was wronged or that they were wrong for banning him. Much rather he was saying that he himself had been stupid to do doping. All in all you have proved zilch on Dkeer being unrepentant, unlike your man Valverde who is still shouting from the top of his lungs that he didn't do anything wrong.

Regards
GJ

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
18-Valve. (pithy) said:

Regards
18-Valve

You actually ask the right questions, yet will never find it if you hold a "weird the" weird now" attitude.

In that documentary Dekker was in denial, he was angry, he felt picked on - no, I doubt he suddenly changed his mind, but I would think he had a slow realization that he had to accept responsibility and would have to change his attitude.

The "why" appears to have started when he was courted by Garmin - they expressed an interest, but he would have to pass their tests - not just physiological but a change in attitude also. Which is why they took so long in bringing him in to the top team.

The reason the rides ask "why"? is that when everyone else is doping why were they the ones to test positive. You can understand the reaction of being angry.

It the same as ourselves if we lose our jobs - why did we get chosen.

It’s not hard to imagine.