• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Dekker's B-sample also positive, admits to doping

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 19, 2009
1,311
0
0
Visit site
Of course I think this was just the kid "experimenting" with epo he got off the internet on a splurge... You know, a one time thing.
 
Aug 13, 2009
12,855
1
0
Visit site
Cobber said:
Or C. Taken during the off season to help boost red cell numbers during repeated blood draws for subsequent transfusion during the racing season.

Either way, you point is still correct. No way a December positive was one-off.

Exactly. Need to get the RBC back up after the transfusion and get ready for training camp. This was not a one time mistake. None of this should be a surprise. Since before he turned Pro Dekker had a reputation as a charger.

Checcini is a well know doping doctor. He studied with Ferrari under Conconi. Not only did Scarponi say that Ceccini introduced him to Fuentes but the list of doped riders on his client list is long

Ivan Basso, Francesco Casagrande, Angel Casero, Thomas Dekker, Tyler Hamilton Jörg Jaksche, Alessandro Petacchi, Pascal Richard, Nicki Sørensen, Gianni Bugno, Bjarne Riis, Rolf Sörensen, Jan Ullrich.

Dekker was not well liked amongst his fellow Pros, I do not see his return going as smoothly as he hopes.
 
You seem to invent things. Dekker did NOT have a reputation as charger before turning pro, on the contrary.

And another lie: Dekker was not well liked amongst his fellow Pros, I do not see his return going as smoothly as he hopes.

Simply not true. I've read the reactions among the Dutch cyclists and former teammates, they all claimed he was a really nice guy and a good person (but in retrospect a bad sportsmen to have to cheat)

Next time you make claims like that, you'd better back them up until actual facts hit you straight back in the face like now. ;)
Don't try to be wise when you are talking ****.
 
Escarabajo said:
The test that was positive was from december 2007. After that I think his performance went south if i am not mistaken. Maybe he was truthful about a new beginning on his interview.

Too little, too late

He did well in early 2008


3rd, Overall, Vuelta a Castilla y León
3rd, Stage 1 (ITT)
2nd, Stage 2
3rd, Stage 4
2nd, Stage 5
1st, Points classification
3rd, Overall, Vuelta al País Vasco
3rd, Stage 5
3rd, Stage 6 (ITT)
5th, Amstel Gold Race
5th, La Flèche Wallonne
6th, Liège-Bastogne-Liège

(taken from Wikipedia)

He also came second in a TT in the Giro de Romandie before retiring the next day. His performances this season were below this standard up until a good TT he did just before he tested positive.
 
Sep 18, 2009
163
0
0
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
You seem to invent things. Dekker did NOT have a reputation as charger before turning pro, on the contrary.

And another lie: Dekker was not well liked amongst his fellow Pros, I do not see his return going as smoothly as he hopes.

Simply not true. I've read the reactions among the Dutch cyclists and former teammates, they all claimed he was a really nice guy and a good person (but in retrospect a bad sportsmen to have to cheat)

Next time you make claims like that, you'd better back them up until actual facts hit you straight back in the face like now. ;)
Don't try to be wise when you are talking ****.

He must be a mate of yours.
Either you're a spoilt cheating *** too....or one day you'll work out that he is- and you've been decieved...U stommer klootzac

If he isn't a mate of yours... how the hell would you know...tell me something about Elvis
 
Sep 18, 2009
163
0
0
Visit site
FKLance said:
there was an anti-doping interview of Dekker, Boonen, A.Schleck, Contador, Gerdemann in feb 2008 procycling.

I'm quoting Thomas Dekker:


"With all the changes we've seen young riders can now have more of a chance of making an impact. They see riders their own age winning major races, and having competed against them at junior and U23 level, they consequenty feel they can compete at the top level too. That gives you the confidence to believe in yourself."

"We all have to understand that we have a responsibility to the sport"


"Following the Rasmussen affair, I'm constantly afraid of missing a random test. It's not easy to fill in the whereabouts forms either. When the season is in full swing I don't know which restaurant I'm going to be eating or what my plans are for the weekend. I try to keep things up to date but It's often quite hard to do."

"When there is a doping problem, it's no longer an individual matter - it involves the rider's team and perhaps even their country as well. I don't want to imagine what would happen if a Rabobank champion would get caught. It could mean the end of the team and more than 100 people losing their jobs. ..."


"From January 1, 2008, we should all draw a line under the past and make a fresh start. The last few years have been characterised by a lack of progress. With the blood passport, a new and more sever system of controls is being put in place. It's the beginning of a new phase in cycling. Down the line, when the implementation starts to have an effect, we'll be able to see where it has taken the sport. It's time to look for the future."

"We have to believe that cycling can be improved. It'll never be 100 per cent perfect, because there will always be cheats in our society, but the goal must be to reach 99 per cent."

This should be back on the front page... I guess he was hoping to get the sport 99% clean so he could be the %1-winner/cheat
 
Aug 13, 2009
12,855
1
0
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
You seem to invent things. Dekker did NOT have a reputation as charger before turning pro, on the contrary.

And another lie: Dekker was not well liked amongst his fellow Pros, I do not see his return going as smoothly as he hopes.

Simply not true. I've read the reactions among the Dutch cyclists and former teammates, they all claimed he was a really nice guy and a good person (but in retrospect a bad sportsmen to have to cheat)

Next time you make claims like that, you'd better back them up until actual facts hit you straight back in the face like now. ;)
Don't try to be wise when you are talking ****.

My info comes from a very close friend who works for Rabobank. He is not a fan of Dekker, of course he could feel a little burned by him. You may not be aware that Rabobank had many issues with Dekker. They often had trouble contacting him and he refused to sign an internal team agreement, allowing the management full access to blood data stored by UCI. There were many questions about his numbers and his relationship with Checcini. They finally had to negotiate an agreement to resolve his contract. Today it was proven that Rabobank was right and Dekker was lying the entire time.

There absolutely have been questions about Dekker for years. These questions went public when people found out he started working with Checcini 3 years ago.

Other teams have seen how much trouble Dekker caused Rabo and SL. How he twisted and used the system for 2 years. I do not see him getting a ride easily.
 
Lying about drug use after A sample : added years of ban! Admitting only after the B-sample is like hoping to get some nice lab mistakes to work from, like Pechstein.
Lie in the press after taking doping, before being detected : more added years!

Not because it's Dekker. He's one of the few I did not question up front. Others usually have a better crook face.
 
May 6, 2009
8,522
1
0
Visit site
Ferdinand Artichoke said:
He must be a mate of yours.
Either you're a spoilt cheating *** too....or one day you'll work out that he is- and you've been decieved...U stommer klootzac

If he isn't a mate of yours... how the hell would you know...tell me something about Elvis

I believe DT used to (or still does?) run Dekker's personal website.
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,654
2
0
Visit site
craig1985 said:
I believe DT used to (or still does?) run Dekker's personal website.

He did but they shut it down. Try to acsess it through the S/L site. It just comes up with a screen with TD on it and the initials TD.
 
Mar 18, 2009
4,186
0
0
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Other teams have seen how much trouble Dekker caused Rabo and SL. How he twisted and used the system for 2 years. I do not see him getting a ride easily.

Like most top riders, he'll get a contract easily as long as he doesn't name anyone and pretends it was all him.

DSs with no scruples and who don't care in the slightest for clean cycling will sign him in three seconds. DSs like Lefévère.
 
Jun 16, 2009
647
0
0
Visit site
Dekker was liked by most of the Dutch riders and disliked by many of the non Dutch riders.

He had a "super talent" reputation as a young amateur.

There are 2 other current young Dutch pro riders who did have reputations as chargers while amateurs though....one of whom also happens to be a total co*k.
 
Mar 18, 2009
4,186
0
0
Visit site
Mongol_Waaijer said:
Dekker was liked by most of the Dutch riders and disliked by many of the non Dutch riders.

He had a "super talent" reputation as a young amateur.

There are 2 other current young Dutch pro riders who did have reputations as chargers while amateurs though....one of whom also happens to be a total co*k.

Would you care to name them? Possibly by PM?
 
He can f**k off.

He "takes resopnsiblilty"? he "made a mistake"?

Total shit.

He cheated, and lied through his teeth, insisting on a ciounter analysis when he knew he'd done it. Just like all the others who think they know better than checmists and biologists.

He should be banned for life.
 
What about all his prize money over the years? The medals he kept cleaner riders from rightfully winning? All these must be considered to be accomplished with the help of dynepo. Which rights does an admitted doper have to his post-positive test results?
2-year ban starting June 2009, probably? Then he could take part in the 2011 TdF with a dope-tolerant team. If we still have those on the PT by then...
 
Mar 18, 2009
1,844
1
0
Visit site
Mongol_Waaijer said:
Dekker was liked by most of the Dutch riders and disliked by many of the non Dutch riders.

He had a "super talent" reputation as a young amateur.

There are 2 other current young Dutch pro riders who did have reputations as chargers while amateurs though....one of whom also happens to be a total co*k.

Yea, I'd like to know their names too...
 
Aug 13, 2009
12,855
1
0
Visit site
Mongol_Waaijer said:
Dekker was liked by most of the Dutch riders and disliked by many of the non Dutch riders.

He had a "super talent" reputation as a young amateur.

There are 2 other current young Dutch pro riders who did have reputations as chargers while amateurs though....one of whom also happens to be a total co*k.

Funny how that "Super Talent" did not show itself when he was off the hot sauce. Dekker had a very noticeable drop in performance once his values were questioned.
 
Jul 28, 2009
333
0
0
Visit site
I think it's time to accept the overwhelming body of physiological data that strongly suggests that elite aerobic athletes are very close to each other in their capacities and stop talking as if these super-human heroes are a common thing to find.

In fact they are ALL super human heroes compared to very fit people but this is not soccer where the genius of a Maradonna to trick a defender and leave him on his backside enables you to stand out, or a Romario to score with practically every single chance. It's cycling it's pushing pedals hard for a long time and there are far fewer intangibles, the very fact you're in a group of elites means you're already a freak. People want and expect the freak amongst the freaks. Total BS. Complete myth.
 
Mar 10, 2009
9
0
0
Visit site
Go shovel cow manure Thomas D.

I'm just angry at this whole Dekker story. No new idea, just venting frustration.

Being caught during holiday seasons is a strong indication of "classic" blood doping practice (enrichement of own blood for later reinfusion)

Demanding a b-sample analysis is just plain hypocritical and tormented.

Admitting on the premise of a one-time mistake deserves a major slap in the face for taking us for idiots.


Thomas Dekker and anybody who abused the professionnal cycling deserve to trade places with whom they stole from; well-to-do athletes who now shovel cow manure because they lost a spot on a team. Exculsion, life-time ban, and a hefty fine paid to a clean sport fund, perhaps anti-doping research.
 
Jul 17, 2009
62
0
0
Visit site
TD sits on his needle


silence-sack-dekker-and-change-name-to-omega-pharma-23452
 
Jun 15, 2009
835
0
0
Visit site
TempeteOntheRoad said:
I'm just angry at this whole Dekker story. No new idea, just venting frustration.

Being caught during holiday seasons is a strong indication of "classic" blood doping practice (enrichement of own blood for later reinfusion)

Demanding a b-sample analysis is just plain hypocritical and tormented.

Admitting on the premise of a one-time mistake deserves a major slap in the face for taking us for idiots.


Thomas Dekker and anybody who abused the professionnal cycling deserve to trade places with whom they stole from; well-to-do athletes who now shovel cow manure because they lost a spot on a team. Exculsion, life-time ban, and a hefty fine paid to a clean sport fund, perhaps anti-doping research.

Couldn't agree more. Lifetime ban is the way to go, along with standard contracts that enable tour organizers and teams to sue the *******s till kingdom come.
 
Mar 18, 2009
4,186
0
0
Visit site
hektoren said:
Couldn't agree more. Lifetime ban is the way to go, along with standard contracts that enable tour organizers and teams to sue the *******s till kingdom come.

The UCI quite wants lifetime bans. They just can't give them. They spent years fighting with the WADA to get the maximum ban to be extended to 4 years. Which they got finally this year. Now they're fighting for the possibility of lifetime bans.

It'll take many years, if they ever get them.
 
issoisso said:
The UCI quite wants lifetime bans. They just can't give them. They spent years fighting with the WADA to get the maximum ban to be extended to 4 years. Which they got finally this year. Now they're fighting for the possibility of lifetime bans.

It'll take many years, if they ever get them.

Why are WADA against this exactly?
 

TRENDING THREADS