• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Del Moral denies USPS doping

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Sergeant_Schultz.jpg

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
You wouldn't expect that he'd spill his guts, would you? He might end up in bits, stuffed into bin liners and scattered all over town...
Keep repeating the mantra, I saw nothing, I saw nothing........

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
"The Spaniard indicated that he would co-operate with US investigators, although he could not violate patient confidentiality."

Baloney!

George H., etc., ate bagels for breakfast. "No comment", he'd say. (It was part of the "medical" treatment regimen, LOL). :rolleyes:

No "patient" confidentiality for folks who aren't patients by any stretch of the imagination, and if "doctors" are breaking the law, knowingly distributing prohibited substances, engaging in prohibited medical practices in sport (per WADA) etc.

Medical disbarment for profiteering "doctors" on the take from dirty teams. "Discover that!"

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
powerste said:
Kinda like Jonkers...another person not named by Floyd says he hasn't seen anything.

Seems all part of an orchestrated PR effort. I suspect we'll see a similar story about once a week. Most, like Jonkers and del Moral really won't be saying anything, but their statements will still be dressed up and packaged as if it were something significant. It wouldn't surprise me if every once in a while they bring someone forward who carries more weight.

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
alanshearer said:
Seems all part of an orchestrated PR effort. I suspect we'll see a similar story about once a week. Most, like Jonkers and del Moral really won't be saying anything, but their statements will still be dressed up and packaged as if it were something significant. It wouldn't surprise me if every once in a while they bring someone forward who carries more weight.

Correct me if I am wrong, but has anyone who has come forward to defend Armstrong in the past month or so been an American citizen? Easy to make claims when you are not in the US and subject to a subpoena by the Novitsky grand jury.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone expect anything different. Really would someone expect him to come out like;
Yeah, there was doping on US Postal. I gave each and every rider their morning shot of epo, methamphetamines, testosterone, HGH and coke. I did it all, I provided it as well.

Whether the Landis story is true or not, whether Del Moral was part of it, or not. There is no way he would say anything other than a blanket denial, he has far too much to lose

Moral's neck is about as far stretched out on the chopping block as anyone in this. He, Lim, JB, Weisel, Stapleton, Och and somewhat LA, perhaps Michael Ball, plus a few more in management and medical staff, are in positions to take huge falls from this. And I'd venture to guess this is who investigators are going to really try to drop the guillotine on.

We write threads on how much little fish like DZ or Hamilton will or won't talk, but they are likely a very small portion of the seriousness of the investigation compared to the people listed above.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Digger said:
I am a bit worried to be honest. I may need legal advice from people on here. I didn't see Lance doping either. Does this mean I could be called to testify on his behalf?

I would keep your calender open if I were you They have asked Papp,Parkin and Lemond about Lance's state of mind so it's not to far fetched that our government may solicit your opinion. Plus keep in mind that they are starting to go after people that lie in congress so we will all have jury duty soon. If we have learned anything about justice it's that all those times Landis swore to tell the truth didn't count..those were just practice. Now that he is penniless he means what he says. I can't wait to see Landis on the stand and they ask about his character..When the Armstrong legal team present all those blood and urine tests that came back negative Landis will yell out"those don't count I saw him in a bus and we ran red lights in Texas!!"

fatandfast said:
I would keep your calender open if I were you They have asked Papp,Parkin and Lemond about Lance's state of mind so it's not to far fetched that our government may solicit your opinion. Plus keep in mind that they are starting to go after people that lie in congress so we will all have jury duty soon. If we have learned anything about justice it's that all those times Landis swore to tell the truth didn't count..those were just practice. Now that he is penniless he means what he says. I can't wait to see Landis on the stand and they ask about his character..When the Armstrong legal team present all those blood and urine tests that came back negative Landis will yell out"those don't count I saw him in a bus and we ran red lights in Texas!!"
The beauty of this case is that if everything goes according to plan they won't need Landis at all.

but in all fairness & according to his own statement, he could be right- he couldn't have seen anything, since LA & Co were doping inside the bus, while he was outside with the hog checking the road & holding off the anti-doping chaperons ....:)

hfer07 said:
but in all fairness & according to his own statement, he could be right- he couldn't have seen anything, since LA & Co were doping inside the bus, while he was outside with the hog checking the road & holding off the anti-doping chaperons ....:)
Only if by "holding off" you mean "treating to some coffee".

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
fatandfast said:
If we have learned anything about justice it's that all those times Landis swore to tell the truth didn't count..those were just practice. Now that he is penniless he means what he says. I can't wait to see Landis on the stand and they ask about his character..When the Armstrong legal team present all those blood and urine tests that came back negative Landis will yell out"those don't count I saw him in a bus and we ran red lights in Texas!!"

Yes, b/c Landis is just raking in fistfuls of cash over this. We've all heard about the $1M book deals that are landing in his lap, as well as the studio battle for film rights. And ProTour teams are kneecapping each other trying to sign him. :rolleyes:

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Is is is?

It may come down to a definition of what doping "is".
Is transfusion one's own pure blood doping or a not allowed method?

Maybe someone needs to ask the Doctor if he witnessed any blood transfusions.

Hinault has questioned if blood transfusions are a "PED".
Ullrich's lawyers have argued that transfusions are not a "PED".

Lance: "I never used PEDs"
But Lance, c'mon, you were seen transfusing blood!
Lance: "Oh that...not a PED"
How about the EPO in 1999 for crying out loud?!
Lance: "CFD not a PED. Seriously, in my case it was a Cancer Fighting Drug. Not a PED. Livestrong."

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:
It may come down to a definition of what doping "is".
Is transfusion one's own pure blood doping or a not allowed method?

Maybe someone needs to ask the Doctor if he witnessed any blood transfusions.

Hinault has questioned if blood transfusions are a "PED".
Ullrich's lawyers have argued that transfusions are not a "PED".

Lance: "I never used PEDs"
But Lance, c'mon, you were seen transfusing blood!
Lance: "Oh that...not a PED"
How about the EPO in 1999 for crying out loud?!
Lance: "CFD not a PED. Seriously, in my case it was a Cancer Fighting Drug. Not a PED. Livestrong."
There's an 'is' in 'Polish' - so I wouldn't push it if I was you.
Remember, it's not about the 'is'.

Your above doesn't sound like a real Lance interview to me.

You should try something like this interview. Not bad acting, although the pause for dramtical effect was overplayed.

(0:00)Evil Euro 'reporter': "Lance Armstrong, Floyd Landis accused you of doping. What have you got to say to that?"
Matt Damon (as Lance): "Absolutley nothing to say".
Evil Euro 'reporter: "Did you ever use Performance Enhancing substances... sir?
Michael Imperioli (as Lance): How many times have I answered that question?
Evil Euro 'reporter': Well answer it now.
Robert DeNiro (as Lance): The answer hasn't changed. Don't ask me another stupid fucking question like that.
Cut to podium shot of Lance (Matt Damon) on podium - hire a midget to be camerman so "Lance" looks tall and imposing.
Add in footage of an actual bike race.
Cut to scene of Bruyneel looking baffled - played by Marlon Brando.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Evil Euro 'reporter: "Did you ever use Performance Enhancing substances... sir?

Performance Enhancing Substances? We all use PES's lol.
Snickers Bar and a Coke...

How about an illegal PES like EPO - different story duh

Is your own blood a illegal PES?
Of course not.

But transfusing your own blood is currently an illegal Performance Enhancing Method. Not a PED or a PES.

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
psychlist said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but has anyone who has come forward to defend Armstrong in the past month or so been an American citizen? Easy to make claims when you are not in the US and subject to a subpoena by the Novitsky grand jury.

Bingo. Notice how no one who might have to pay a price for lying has anything to say. Why wouldn't they all be rushing to call Landis a liar and state unequivocally that none of it is true?

Notice no one will challenge specifics of what Landis says they just attack him personally.

henryg said:
Bingo. Notice how no one who might have to pay a price for lying has anything to say. Why wouldn't they all be rushing to call Landis a liar and state unequivocally that none of it is true?

Notice no one will challenge specifics of what Landis says they just attack him personally.
One good reason for them to not rush to call Landis a liar is that they might well be proven to be lying later on. Granted, that's not as bad as being sent to jail, but it's still a situation where they don't have anything to gain from coming out publicly to defend LA. Unless they're already gaining something, that is. *cough* Monetarily *cough*. But I don't know how likely that is, or if it would made any sense as a defensive strategy.

TRENDING THREADS