• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Di Gregorio

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
webvan said:
An Di Gregorio was at Astana in 2011 so I guess they didn't meet there. I never understood why Di Gregorio went to Astana...

I wondered that, too. I always thought he was destined to remain in the FdJ land of fruitless breakaways.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
webvan said:
An Di Gregorio was at Astana in 2011 so I guess they didn't meet there. I never understood why Di Gregorio went to Astana, a promising climber, dubbed the "new Virenque", never did much and now this...

Seems spot on to me :D

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Ninety5rpm said:
Yep, and doped to the gills.

any rider that has gills has an unfair advantage in wet races and should be prohibited from competing.

it's not about Cofidis being dirty or clean. it's about 1 rider whose getting pinched due to activities they conducted on a different team

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Kender said:
any rider that has gills has an unfair advantage in wet races and should be prohibited from competing.

it's not about Cofidis being dirty or clean. it's about 1 rider whose getting pinched due to activities they conducted on a different team

Unfair advantage, and the ability to kick *ss under the tutelage of a swimming coach...

gooner said:
This is Robbie Hatch on twitter who is commentating for Eurosport at the moment at the Tour de Pologne.

This is his response to a tweet by Joan Horrach where he does'nt seem to be happy with what he has said. Can someone translate it for me? Thanks.

http://twitter.com/robert_hatch

I'll give a quick amateur attempt:

Jrack‏@JoanHorrach
Q se vayan ya a la mierda con tanta persecucion, controles y gilipolleces con el ciclismo! A LA MIERDA! Dejadnos trabajar y hacer ciclismo!

They can go to hell with all the persecution, controls and stupidities in cycling! TO HELL!
Just let us work and ride!

I'm sure that translation can be improved upon but you get the gist of it.

Kender said:

Exactly. With the kind of emotional statements about Cofidis, you would think that Lance signed with them or something.

:rolleyes:

I mean, like after he did EPO with Steve Swart on the Motorola squad.

Swart recalls a rest-day during the '95 Tour when the Motorola riders tested their hematocrit levels. Swart was at 48. "Lance was 54 or 56," Swart recalls

Nah, what am I thinking. Cofidis would never hire a known doper.

Dave.

May 29, 2012
Visit site
D-Queued said:
Exactly. With the kind of emotional statements about Cofidis, you would think that Lance signed with them or something.

:rolleyes:

I mean, like after he did EPO with Steve Swart on the Motorola squad.

Swart recalls a rest-day during the '95 Tour when the Motorola riders tested their hematocrit levels. Swart was at 48. "Lance was 54 or 56," Swart recalls

Nah, what am I thinking. Cofidis would never hire a known doper.

Dave.

Yeah, because the same management were involved :rolleyes: That's like equating T-mobile with HTC.

One Eyed Aussie said:

Jrack‏@JoanHorrach
Q se vayan ya a la mierda con tanta persecucion, controles y gilipolleces con el ciclismo! A LA MIERDA! Dejadnos trabajar y hacer ciclismo!

They can go to hell with all the persecution, controls and stupidities in cycling! TO HELL!

If you replace "stupidities" with "bull****", it's spot on.

That's what Horrach is saying: Di Gregorio being arrested is BS. Just let him ride. All those doping tests? BS. Stop with them already.

I'm not making this up.

hrotha said:
If you replace "stupidities" with "bull****", it's spot on.

That's what Horrach is saying: Di Gregorio being arrested is BS. Just let him ride. All those doping tests? BS. Stop with them already.

I'm not making this up.

Thanks very much for that - far more idiomatic now.:)

With regards to Horrach - he is not a cyclist well known to me but he is clearly utterly shameless.

May 19, 2010
Visit site
One Eyed Aussie said:

Jrack‏@JoanHorrach

Sounds like he was waiting eagerly for Di Gregorio to come back from Marseille with the supplies. Katusha must be proud of him.

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Lanark said:
Because the biological pasport has a large margin of error

If the biological passport has a large margin of error then how can the list be credible? If the list was any good, those with the highest numbers should have the highest probability of being caught.

TRENDING THREADS