• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Di Luca tests positive for EPO in OOC test.

Page 31 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
DamianoMachiavelli said:
sniper said:
I totally missed this. Could you expand?
Fell off the wagon in 2010. I won't get into where it comes from but I trust the source.

People can believe whatever they want, but Millar is a world class doosh.

DiLuca on the other hand rode like a boss. It is good to have riders from that era enlighten the public about the extent of doping. Of course the believers in omerta, like Phil Gaimon, are hard at work trying to suppress the truth.
thanks.

There should not be any doubt in anybody's mind that Millar continued doping post-ban.
His work with Cecchini (introduced by Sciandri) and his discrediting of whistleblowers are just two of many many signs.

I look forward to see what Di Luca has to say about Scinto and hopefully also Sciandri.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
sniper said:
DamianoMachiavelli said:
I like the quaint idea of the repentant doper, as if a rider telling a second round of lies about how sorry he is in a public display of apology theater makes the rider a more moral person than one who gets caught but tells mostly the truth about how he doped, it was the culture, it was a requirement, and he is not sorry about it.

The classic case is Millar, who even as he was posing as an example of a reformed doper was caught using HGH by his manager. No joke. Yet Millar is praised while DiLuca has the puritans breaking out their pitchforks and torches.
I totally missed this. Could you expand?

I dont reckon that was all he was using. He was using alot of MCE*

In that first TdF that Chipotle Slipstream had, the 2008 TdF, they had their pre TdF training camp, and at the 'health tests' two of the Garmin guys were pinpointed for target testing, Millar and Van de Velde, he of the fridge where his misses aint too happy about the hgh there... so we have Millar and cVdV getting target tested in the first few weeks because of their funny blood parameters.

nothing to see here folkx, these are not the roids u r looking fur,
giphy.gif

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

thehog said:
gooner said:
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Never liked him. He overdid it, always. Over the top doper. Wouldnt even read his book when I got payed for it.

Natural born liar.

Doesnt mean he is sometimes right.

This.

I remember when Di Luca got his ban reduced and joined Katusha, yet said at the same time he didn't betray the code of omerta for the reduction.

No time for him.

He rode for free at Katusha and paid his anti-doping fine.

Danilo Di Luca has confirmed that he intends to ride for the Katusha team for free despite UCI rules stipulating a rider must e paid a minimum wage.

UCI rules specify that a professional rider must be paid a minimum of 49.500 Euro per year and the contract is checked and verified by the UCI accountants Ernst&Young.

However Di Luca insists he will not earn a penny and revealed that making a comeback will cost him 170,000 Euro, the amount the UCI has fined him for testing positive during the 2009 Giro d’Italia.

“I can confirm that I’m going to pay the fine of about 170,000 Euro the UCI wants and that Tchmil has really asked to register my contract with a salary of zero Euro,” he told Tuttobiciweb.

“By choosing to sign a contract with Katusha I’ve given up on a good contract that Astana offered me. But I liked the idea (offered by Katusha) and followed my instinct.”

Di Luca confirmed that he has signed his contract with Katusha today, in front of 500 school children and Don Marco Pozza, the priest who first persuaded him to talk about his doping.

“I agreed to take part in Don Marco’s project and I’m convinced about its goals because it’s about telling young people what happened to me and the mistakes I made,” he said.

the thing is, they werent mistakes. There were good decisions, he had a successful career. I was not as if he was bring a gun to a knife fight. He was fighting Captain Sparrow with a cutlass

#Australianbiosecurity
we are serious, we are secure, we wont bring anything more than a cutlass to a knifefight with Cap'n Sparrow
take us seriously folx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORpBAIB9j64

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
The bike sponsor made him hire Di Luca iirc.

Never liked him as a rider, I did like him as a bad boy of cycling. He definitely is a scapegoat but no one should worry for him, he is and will be okay, he aient no Ricco.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Never liked him as a rider, I did like him as a bad boy of cycling. He definitely is a scapegoat but no one should worry for him, he is and will be okay, he aient no Ricco.

First rule on The Clinic
thou shalt not take Ricky Riccio's name in vain
Second rule on The Clinic
Third rule on The Click
Fourth rule on The Clinic
if thou does take Ricky Riccio's name in vain thee will have la ****** noir to deal with

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

ray j willings said:
AcademyCC said:
Ray J Willings - apart from the fact i disagree with everything you say. If a rider can get a 10% performance increase from a motor in his bike and another can get a 10% performance increase from doping. Why is mechanical doping worse?

I could ride a motor bike and beat Contador . That's not cycling.
Doping is cycling , it always has been from the get go. When are people going to get past that.
Lets be honest deal with it and move on. No one cared when loads of substances now banned were legal.
Have you seen the list of what's illegal. How long before athletes wont legally have anything left to eat or drink. Its fu%%ing stupid.
If they made EPO legal in pro racing and you could just go and get it at the chemist most weekend warriors would and some already do.
I doubt there are many who want to ride a cycle with a engine in it.
The fact you disagree with me shows why this problem [non existent problem of no real value IMO] will never go away.
You can't stop it.
Make it legal and stop wasting all this money and resources on bike racing and people running round a track, Its not of importance in the general day to day life of almost the rest of the planet and they don't really care anyway
" they all dope anyway"
Look at the states in the US where they have made marijuana legal. What's happened ? nothing Crime has not got worse . There's no drug induced crazies going round terrorising the towns. In-fact its been of benefit and the financial gains from the tax has been a big boost.
Stop pretending these things are the downfall of the world and if we don't stop it society will come to a stand still .
Its just people living in fear and being dictated to by the agenda of governments and propaganda of the main stream media.
Make the drugs legal. All of them.

Let's not forget that trains are also part of cycling from the very get go (at least in TdF).

doperhopper said:
ray j willings said:
AcademyCC said:
Ray J Willings - apart from the fact i disagree with everything you say. If a rider can get a 10% performance increase from a motor in his bike and another can get a 10% performance increase from doping. Why is mechanical doping worse?

I could ride a motor bike and beat Contador . That's not cycling.
Doping is cycling , it always has been from the get go. When are people going to get past that.
Lets be honest deal with it and move on. No one cared when loads of substances now banned were legal.
Have you seen the list of what's illegal. How long before athletes wont legally have anything left to eat or drink. Its fu%%ing stupid.
If they made EPO legal in pro racing and you could just go and get it at the chemist most weekend warriors would and some already do.
I doubt there are many who want to ride a cycle with a engine in it.
The fact you disagree with me shows why this problem [non existent problem of no real value IMO] will never go away.
You can't stop it.
Make it legal and stop wasting all this money and resources on bike racing and people running round a track, Its not of importance in the general day to day life of almost the rest of the planet and they don't really care anyway
" they all dope anyway"
Look at the states in the US where they have made marijuana legal. What's happened ? nothing Crime has not got worse . There's no drug induced crazies going round terrorising the towns. In-fact its been of benefit and the financial gains from the tax has been a big boost.
Stop pretending these things are the downfall of the world and if we don't stop it society will come to a stand still .
Its just people living in fear and being dictated to by the agenda of governments and propaganda of the main stream media.
Make the drugs legal. All of them.

Let's not forget that trains are also part of cycling from the very get go (at least in TdF).

Good point. Amgen sponsors a stage race, so you'd think at the very least a regional railway company would sponsor a team called the choo-choo express.

Re:

No. Di Luca is big friends with the bosses of Farnese Vini (now Vini Fantini) (abbruzzese company like Di Luca) and they told Scinto they'd stop sponsoring if he didn't let Di Luca ride.

In 2009 Farnese Vini signed deal to become second sponsor at Lampre the next season. Right after the Giro 2009 (before Di Luca's positive sera tests) Di Luca signed a huge deal to ride for Lampre-Farnese Vini the next season. That deal fell in the water after the positive.

IN 2013 during the giro the fluo team also had the acqua e sapone bubbles on their shirt. They are also friends of Di Luca who brought some extra money in to see him ride the Giro.

that 2001 seemed a big lie and i will always be a killer fan. always

but in today's gazzetta, he makes clear that he began in 1997. in 2001, he says he began with the "serious stuff", probably transfusions.
that makes sense indeed

he was caught in 2013 after a 500 units dose. he says that 15 years ago, the riders used to do 4000 units daily
says that the sprinters take nitroglycerine pills in the last 5 kms of a race

just like tonkov in his days, danilo says that the riders are beasts not humans. which is of course true

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Re:

jens_attacks said:

but in today's gazzetta, he makes clear that he began in 1997. in 2001, he says he began with the "serious stuff", probably transfusions.
that makes sense indeed

he was caught in 2013 after a 500 units dose. he says that 15 years ago, the riders used to do 4000 units daily

just like tonkov in his days, danilo says that the riders are beasts not humans. which is of course true
I have a hard time believing in 2001 - while there was a test for r-EPO in place - riders would go the full monty with those kinda units.

jens_attacks said:

that makes sense indeed

I have a hard time believing in 2001 - while there was a test for r-EPO in place - riders would go the full monty with those kinda units.

it was just a vague number, take it as in the good ol' days...

May 26, 2010
Visit site

Billie said:

No. Di Luca is big friends with the bosses of Farnese Vini (now Vini Fantini) (abbruzzese company like Di Luca) and they told Scinto they'd stop sponsoring if he didn't let Di Luca ride.

In 2009 Farnese Vini signed deal to become second sponsor at Lampre the next season. Right after the Giro 2009 (before Di Luca's positive sera tests) Di Luca signed a huge deal to ride for Lampre-Farnese Vini the next season. That deal fell in the water after the positive.

IN 2013 during the giro the fluo team also had the acqua e sapone bubbles on their shirt. They are also friends of Di Luca who brought some extra money in to see him ride the Giro.

Di Luca brought sponsorship of AquaSapane to Farnese Vini but when RCS wouldn't let them ride the Giro AquaSapone pulled the plug.

DamianoMachiavelli said:
I like the quaint idea of the repentant doper, as if a rider telling a second round of lies about how sorry he is in a public display of apology theater makes the rider a more moral person than one who gets caught but tells mostly the truth about how he doped, it was the culture, it was a requirement, and he is not sorry about it.

The classic case is Millar, who even as he was posing as an example of a reformed doper was caught using HGH by his manager. No joke. Yet Millar is praised while DiLuca has the puritans breaking out their pitchforks and torches.
Millar is systematically ridiculed on these forums (and rightly so). Why do you make this inane statement?

frenchfry said:
DamianoMachiavelli said:

Millar is systematically ridiculed on these forums (and rightly so). Why do you make this inane statement?
Agreed, David Millar has very little, if any friends on these boards.

Benotti69 said:
Billie said:

Di Luca brought sponsorship of AquaSapane to Farnese Vini but when RCS wouldn't let them ride the Giro AquaSapone pulled the plug.

what do you mean? yes the Acqua e Sapone team from the Masciarelli's stopped after not being invited to the 2012 giro but it was expected they'd miss out cause previous years CSF and ISD where kept out of the giro aswel. Not every Italian PCT team gets in automatically (like Savio this year not getting in) so not sure you can blame that on Di Luca directly.

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
frenchfry said:
DamianoMachiavelli said:

Who said anything about this forum? This forum is irrelevant. It has about the same influence on the world as the Bible has in a whore house. In the real world Millar has done well for himself by posing as a reformed doper.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

Billie said:
Benotti69 said:
Billie said:

what do you mean? yes the Acqua e Sapone team from the Masciarelli's stopped after not being invited to the 2012 giro but it was expected they'd miss out cause previous years CSF and ISD where kept out of the giro aswel. Not every Italian PCT team gets in automatically (like Savio this year not getting in) so not sure you can blame that on Di Luca directly.

Savio was warned not take Di Luca as a rider or risk being left out of Il Giro. But Di LUCa was bring a lot of money to Vini Farnese with Aqua e Capone so he took the risk and lost.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Re:

The Hitch said:
true, but he does have a lot of friends in the UK and Us cycling journalism mafias.

Millar does not have friends . He just knows how to say the right thing and sell his own cheesy image to the media. He plays it very smart and keeps the main stream media happy like a commercial lap puppy.
He's a 2 faced "desperate ego feeding needed" money making machine and he gets lapped up by the media and all those moronic brits who seem to think he has paid for his doping because he smiles like car salesman.

Hes a %%%%

TRENDING THREADS