• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Di Luca tests positive for EPO in OOC test.

Page 32 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Benotti69 said:
Billie said:
Benotti69 said:
Billie said:
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
The bike sponsor made him hire Di Luca iirc.

No. Di Luca is big friends with the bosses of Farnese Vini (now Vini Fantini) (abbruzzese company like Di Luca) and they told Scinto they'd stop sponsoring if he didn't let Di Luca ride.

In 2009 Farnese Vini signed deal to become second sponsor at Lampre the next season. Right after the Giro 2009 (before Di Luca's positive sera tests) Di Luca signed a huge deal to ride for Lampre-Farnese Vini the next season. That deal fell in the water after the positive.

IN 2013 during the giro the fluo team also had the acqua e sapone bubbles on their shirt. They are also friends of Di Luca who brought some extra money in to see him ride the Giro.

Di Luca brought sponsorship of AquaSapane to Farnese Vini but when RCS wouldn't let them ride the Giro AquaSapone pulled the plug.

what do you mean? yes the Acqua e Sapone team from the Masciarelli's stopped after not being invited to the 2012 giro but it was expected they'd miss out cause previous years CSF and ISD where kept out of the giro aswel. Not every Italian PCT team gets in automatically (like Savio this year not getting in) so not sure you can blame that on Di Luca directly.

Savio was warned not take Di Luca as a rider or risk being left out of Il Giro. But Di LUCa was bring a lot of money to Vini Farnese with Aqua e Capone so he took the risk and lost.

Scinto was fcked anyway cause if he didn't take on Di Luca Farnese Vini would have pulled out

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

Billie said:
TourOfSardinia said:
The video of Di Luca's (undoped) Juniores 1994-Montemagno win - at the end of Chapter 1.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MewmPzDNxZ0

Quite sure Basso, Di Luca, Nocentini etc all started fully loading up around 1995-1996-1997 while China stayed true.
I always had the impression that Nocentini was only on low octane stuff for a long time, he never went full genius like Basso and Di Luca. He's also the only guy who remained friends with China when the later left the sport. Well, it's probably just wishful thinking...

Mayomaniac said:
Billie said:
TourOfSardinia said:
The video of Di Luca's (undoped) Juniores 1994-Montemagno win - at the end of Chapter 1.

Quite sure Basso, Di Luca, Nocentini etc all started fully loading up around 1995-1996-1997 while China stayed true.
I always had the impression that Nocentini was only on low octane stuff for a long time, he never went full genius like Basso and Di Luca. He's also the only guy who remained friends with China when the later left the sport. Well, it's probably just wishful thinking...

Nocentini was caught in possesion of banned substances during the San Remo raids in Giro 2001. He only got off because of a procedural technicality.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site

ray j willings said:
The Hitch said:
true, but he does have a lot of friends in the UK and Us cycling journalism mafias.

Millar does not have friends . He just knows how to say the right thing and sell his own cheesy image to the media. He plays it very smart and keeps the main stream media happy like a commercial lap puppy.
He's a 2 faced "desperate ego feeding needed" money making machine and he gets lapped up by the media and all those moronic brits who seem to think he has paid for his doping because he smiles like car salesman.

Hes a %%%%

This sounds a lot like JV and the anglophone (especially US) press.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

Billie said:
Mayomaniac said:
Billie said:
TourOfSardinia said:

Nocentini was caught in possesion of banned substances during the San Remo raids in Giro 2001. He only got off because of a procedural technicality.
Yeah, I kinda forgot about the whole 2001 thing. :eek:

MikeS369 said:
Taxus4a said:
You deserve your current sad life. No more to say for people who love this sport like me.
ot is just a cyclist of another era who wanted to go on the same way.

Just with microdosis he was at a hight level, that is a proof of the new cyclist.

What? &#63

In the past era Di Luca with mocrodosis of EPO would have stayed at 30 minutes of a clean rider of the level than Evans.

BEÑAT INTXAUSTI Cuenta verificada
‏@benatintxausti

Di luca
Va fanculo dai !!!!

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
Finally purchased the book in Milan last week, almost done reading. Never paid specific attention to Di Luca but what a great man. Un uomo vero like Italians would call it. And it also saddens me that he is just screwed a couple of times, all because of going (oe just being) against powerful people's interests.

And it's also sad that on two crucial occasions he happened to be not up-to-date enough in his calculations.

If you want to know and talk about cycling I'd say this is definitely a must-read.

IMG_20201013_131009-k0yB-U322084661777MaH-656x492@Corriere-Web-Sezioni.jpg

Doping, Danilo Di Luca the life after the expulsion:
"I sell bikes for 16 thousand euros, I don't regret the past"
He was the only cyclist with Armstrong to have been disqualified for life:
"In my day everyone took everything, you only won that way."

What he had lost, Danilo Di Luca has been able to reconstruct:
«I got hurt, but today I'm doing the job I like. I'm sorry not to be in cycling anymore but I don't need that world to live ».
He says he wants a child with his new partner:
"We're trying ...". And the blond boy lights up for a moment, giving us hope in the thaumaturgical power of redemption.

Read more here (in italiano or via Goggle Translate)

Yes, I've heard about his bikes and I'd rather ride a Di Luca bike than a freaking Cipollini bike...
It's good to hear that he has found peace, he actually seemed to be a decent guy and not a punk like Ricco.
Yeah, the Italians really used the "home field advantage" in the Giro durning the Armstrong years (and a bit later).

Yes, I've heard about his bikes and I'd rather ride a Di Luca bike than a freaking Cipollini bike...
It's good to hear that he has found peace, he actually seemed to be a decent guy and not a punk like Ricco.
Yeah, the Italians really used the "home field advantage" in the Giro durning the Armstrong years (and a bit later).
Why are you dissing the ice cream shop like that?

I've got to say we already need to work on a better nickname than "Baby Killer"

never forget Sella deciding "yeah sure I'll just solo every mountain stage and finish like second on the MTT". absolutely legendary

TRENDING THREADS