• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

DiLuca

ttrider

BANNED
Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah he will add even more spice towards the end of 2011 no pro tour or grand tour regular team would dare to sign him though

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
i think he cant come back till after the tour, since his suspencion was backdated to july 22 2009, and it was a 2 year suspension. So no giro.
And by giro 2012 he will be 36 years old.
Using PEDs, he will in fact be only 24 years old. :p

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
ulrikmm said:
DiLuca-Basso-Pettacchi-Ricco: living on lies. No celebration here. Forever cheaters in my opinion.

+1. Shame that a heart of Italian cycling has this much damaged tissue. How do Italians feel about it?

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
ulrikmm said:
DiLuca-Basso-Pettacchi-Ricco: living on lies. No celebration here. Forever cheaters in my opinion.

"Mr. AngelsUrinate" is coming back ? Wow ! Respect !
Everyone has earned a third chance ;)

I hope he is not that much hated by the Italians or some people in this forum because of his overdoped and audacious CERA-ride for the earthquake victims and because he even sold these pink bracelets.
You could even smell the CERA (and ca.1000 other products) through TV and I could also feel Menchov thinking "WTF?".

But yes, let him come back for another chance - seems to be possible if this happens.

May 19, 2010
Visit site
JRTinMA said:
Truth, and Sella-Piepoli-Mazzoleni...

Is piEPOli comming back too? I thought he was retired? But I thought Vinokurov was retired too.

I'd like to knock DiLuca of his bike up some mountain and grab hold of his legs by the ankles and swing him around hammer thrower style and make him flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. If I can't get hold of DiLuca, Ricco will make do.

neineinei said:
Is piEPOli comming back too? I thought he was retired? But I thought Vinokurov was retired too.

I'd like to knock DiLuca of his bike up some mountain and grab hold of his legs by the ankles and swing him around hammer thrower style and make him flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. If I can't get hold of DiLuca, Ricco will make do.

Piepoli is Gibo and Lances age. These 2 showed this year that you just cant cut it in gts at that age.

Poor Leonardo. Will probably never forgive himself for giving Zoncolan to gibo in 07

neineinei said:

My bad, Piepoli isn't coming back, he's gotta be closing in on 40.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Good looking man, classy guy, he just got this 1 er 2 er 3 positives. Oh well what does it matter. He is a handsome guy. In Italy that counts for less positives.......

flicker said:
Good looking man, classy guy, he just got this 1 er 2 er 3 positives. Oh well what does it matter. He is a handsome guy. In Italy that counts for less positives.......

Eh, not my type really. He's only out for 4 years. That makes him 31 when he is eligble again. I'd be willing to bet we see him again.

Oldman said:
+1. Shame that a heart of Italian cycling has this much damaged tissue. How do Italians feel about it?

I was talking to an Italian college kid (a Cal Bear) last week at the pub. He said "yeah I think all of our cyclists dope, I don't think you can do that sport pro without drugs." I said "yeah but Simoni and Cipo were pretty cool though right?" And he was like "yeah cool as far as dope fiends go." He didn't seem to care he was just like "yeah they're on drugs whatever."

May 26, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:

should be an opening there for Uniballer after Novitsky is finished with him...:D

Oldman said:

Most don't care too much. Though what is bothersome to me, is that Italy has, despite all its short-commings, aggressively persued bringing its culprits to justice. Once a banned rider has served his time, the rules state that he has the right to return to his-her profession. Some, like Basso, play the good-boy act, tow the official anti-doping rhetoric and get welcomed back with open arms. Others, like Riccò, refuse to mix words or lapse too heavily into the hypocrisy of an official "demeanor" and, consequently; become ostrisized by the power-players within that system who prefer a more hypocritical approach because convenient to the desired image of the cycling corporatocracy (and thus have a much more difficult time coming back to the top ranks of the sport).

In any case at least CONI has taken an aggressive anti-doping position, unlike the Spanish for example - and at the cost of promoting a negative image of Italian cycling, as if it were more involved than the rest of the international cylcing community. Italy is no more corrupt in its cycling practices than Spain, Belgium, Germany, the US or anybody else. Such a negative image is, of course, justified: but no more than the other cycling nations. I would be cautious, therefore, about making bold statements of condemnation about Italian athletes, its "damaged tissue," who return. At least they were prosecuted and for every one who was caught, there are ten others in Italy, Spain, Belgium, Germany and the US who continue to advance their careers while having commited the same crime though, seemingly, with impunity.

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Oldman said:

which country are you thinking of that hasn't been rotten to the core for the last 2 decades? greenland?

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
showimg.php

Wednesday, September 22 | 19:21 - Di Luca will know his fate on October 15

On October 15, the eve that the winner of Lombardia is known, Danilo Di Luca will become to know his future destiny.
The Court of First National Anti-Doping Agency, in fact, announced that the President Francesco Plotinus - having regard to the request made by the cyclist from Abruzzo in order prohibiting disqualification under Article. 10.5.3 of the WADA Code, imposed by the TNA to the athlete, by Decision No 135/2009 of 1 February 2010 - set the hearing for discussion on 15 October 2010, at 10.
Recall that Di Luca was banned for two years and will stay suspended - if TNA were to reject its application - until next July 21, 2011. Danilo di Luca was also imposed a fine of 280,000 euros.

Source: =1&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=8610&cHash=8e68b6f84f]http://coni.it/di-Luca.html

TRENDING THREADS