• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

dirtiest cheater in cycling history?

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Tonton said:
Here's another candidate...

Here we go again, a white jersey :rolleyes: , like Fignon, LeMond :D , Pantani, Ullrich, Delion :p , Basso, Menchov, Contador, Schleck...you know. Bad company indeed...

Fancisco, like Mancebo, another white jersey. It can't be a coincidence.

And Rolland and Pinot, like the French don't dope? :rolleyes:

A guy who spent a lot of time in South America. No one knew his whereabouts. Suspicious.

He's be doped...

That's how silly you are. From sniper who admitted to have never read a LeMond biography, to the sidekicks who bark with the rest. Piti-ful...

Cheers,

Do biographies contain the truth?

History = 'His'-story.

Take everything with a grain of salt.

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Tonton said:
Here's another candidate...

Here we go again, a white jersey :rolleyes: , like Fignon, LeMond :D , Pantani, Ullrich, Delion :p , Basso, Menchov, Contador, Schleck...you know. Bad company indeed...

Fancisco, like Mancebo, another white jersey. It can't be a coincidence.

And Rolland and Pinot, like the French don't dope? :rolleyes:

A guy who spent a lot of time in South America. No one knew his whereabouts. Suspicious.

He's be doped...

That's how silly you are. From sniper who admitted to have never read a LeMond biography, to the sidekicks who bark with the rest. Piti-ful...

Cheers,

Do biographies contain the truth?

History = 'His'-story.

Take everything with a grain of salt.

Exactly. Especially biography/hagiography.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Tonton said:
sartoris said:
Why is Froome not on the list? My vote goes for him and all his Sky colleagues.
Because this tread was started by the anti-Lemond after the Lemond thread was blocked...so that's where they troll now. It's not about doping: it's about throwing feces at GL, and to a lesser extend Merckx. Desperate people do desperate things. Integrity? None. Trolls.
Fanboy calling out trolls. I thought that was not acceptable behavior here?
You owe the OP an apology because unless I missed something he was not active in the LeModeration thread.

I sure hope none of the results are view-able or hack-able by "the drunken master" because if any of those who voted for the "drunken master" are bike shop owners they are in for some horrible phone calls.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Ryo Hazuki said:
the most terrible poll options ever. half don;t even belong there and the worst where guys less known like bruylandts and roberto pistore
yeah well give it time. Maybe the OP can edit in some "High" mountain climbers.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

Glenn_Wilson said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
the most terrible poll options ever. half don;t even belong there and the worst where guys less known like bruylandts and roberto pistore
Ryo has a point though.
Indurain definitely should not be in there.
There is no proof that he doped and his doctors say he was clean.
And I grew up seeing him ride.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

sniper said:
Glenn_Wilson said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
Ryo has a point though.
Indurain definitely should not be in there.
There is no proof that he doped and his doctors say he was clean.
And I grew up seeing him ride.
I guess you are correct. While I grew quite a few years before the domination of the Big Mig---I still got to watch him and of course his doctors said all is well. So it is.

edit:
I think I needed to put one of these :rolleyes: at the end of my post to indicate sarcasm.

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Cannibal72 said:
But his tacit confession was posted up this very thread...

It's hilarious to see some of Indurain's fans still desperately trying to cling to "clean". Haha. Even Indurain himself doesn't do that anymore.

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site

Maxiton said:
Cannibal72 said:

It's hilarious to see some of Indurain's fans still desperately trying to cling to "clean". Haha. Even Indurain himself doesn't do that anymore.

He may not have been as outspoken as Anquetil, but he deserves a degree of credit for not coming up with half-baked lies like the rest of them. When considering 'dirtiness', I think you have to factor in honesty.

May 14, 2010
Visit site

Cannibal72 said:
Maxiton said:
Cannibal72 said:

He may not have been as outspoken as Anquetil, but he deserves a degree of credit for not coming up with half-baked lies like the rest of them. When considering 'dirtiness', I think you have to factor in honesty.

I agree with that.

Maxiton said:
Cannibal72 said:

Lol! Well, notice how there has never been any substantial, credible, verifiable, inconclusive proof that LeMond did anything(despite asking many folks-some who've even posted in this very thread to provide said proof NUMEROUS TIMES and crickets chirp), and he's the second highest in votes.

Talk about hilarious. I also find it odd, that MANY here kept going on and on(and on and on) about how supposedly "dirty" Hinault was and not even a few votes for him.

It's obvious imo, that the "poll" was solely created to trash certain riders reps, nothing more.

How come Hampstens name isn't on it? Or Contadoper's? Or Fignons?(2 of the 3 being proven dopers)

According to.some of these same folks, Hampstens "clean" rep/history is under question too, despite(like LeMond), nothing has ever come out on him as a doper. How come he's not listed on said poll?

Where's Davis Phinney's name on this list? Or half/most of those 7 11 riders names(since it's been said according to Wheelmen that Och was doping the team)? Where are those names?

Steven Bauer? Roy Knickman? How come they're conveniently left off?

How come: Levi/George/Tyler's names are ommitted from the poll as well? ALL proven dopers.

Everyone here pretty much knows Miggy is a doper, or has high suspicion of being one, yet he has hardly a few votes.

Hmmm....makes anyone wonder what the ops agenda was/is(despite me having a pretty good idea).

Glenn_Wilson said:
Tonton said:
sartoris said:
Because this tread was started by the anti-Lemond after the Lemond thread was blocked...so that's where they troll now. It's not about doping: it's about throwing feces at GL, and to a lesser extend Merckx. Desperate people do desperate things. Integrity? None. Trolls.
You owe the OP an apology because unless I missed something he was not active in the LeModeration thread.

I sure hope none of the results are view-able or hack-able by "the drunken master" because if any of those who voted for the "drunken master" are bike shop owners they are in for some horrible phone calls.

And we all know where YOU stand on the fanboy chart as relates to LeMond. My opinion: I'm sure one of those 18 votes Greg received may have come from you as well? Of course, this is just MY opinion.

May 26, 2015
Visit site

86TDFWinner said:
70kmph said:

Or Evans, Froome, Wiggans, NIBALI/etc(notice ALL of those names are conspicuously absent from said "poll" too).
Some of you, seriously. I can only have 10 options, so I just chose the dirtiest and/or most scumbags unlikable riders. The worse of the worse.

Not one of those riders (or all of them combined) benefit or were as dirty as some "legends" in this thread. Personally, I think that not only was I born an extremely good looking dude, humble guy, but also I'm a genius.

The options should still as they are. But maybe you guys are right...

Some guys weren't as dirty as others, some of them payed more than others, some of them only focussed on some races and gave everything back. I should take Lance out of the pool and leave the rest.

*Holy hell, guys. I never thought so many of you shared the same opinions. It was pretty obvious. Thanks for your support.

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site

pedromiguelmartins said:
86TDFWinner said:
70kmph said:

Or Evans, Froome, Wiggans, NIBALI/etc(notice ALL of those names are conspicuously absent from said "poll" too).
Some of you, seriously. I can only have 10 options, so I just chose the dirtiest and/or most scumbags unlikable riders. The worse of the worse.

Not one of those riders (or all of them combined) benefit or were as dirty as some "legends" in this thread. Personally, I think that not only was I born an extremely good looking dude, humble guy, but also I'm a genius.

Some guys weren't as dirty as others, some of them payed more than others, some of them only focussed on some races and gave everything back. I should take Lance out of the pool and leave the rest.

*Holy hell, guys. I never thought so many of you shared the same opinions. It was pretty obvious. Thanks for your support.

Of course, because Roger De Vlaeminck is such a legendarily dirty cheat.

Oh, and switching the poll options is an eight-year-old's trick. Pleased with yourself?

May 21, 2010
Visit site

pedromiguelmartins said:
Some of you, seriously. I can only have 10 options, so I just chose the dirtiest and/or most scumbags unlikable riders. The worse of the worse...

And the thought of including Riis never occurred to you?

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
86TDFWinner said:
Glenn_Wilson said:
Tonton said:
sartoris said:

And we all know where YOU stand on the fanboy chart as relates to LeMond. My opinion: I'm sure one of those 18 votes Greg received may have come from you as well? Of course, this is just MY opinion.
I believe you would not find my name on one of those 40 something votes for LeMond. Anyhow I guess this is the time when the dirty dozenz heads and all fanboys heads explode--- Not so sure why you get all defensive with my reply to Tonton but hey maybe you might be a bike shop owner and are praying like hell no "drunken master" shows up on the caller ID.

hell man I spent plenty of hours trying to defend my opinion on Lemond. So anyway what did you do try to hack the POLL and inserted "MY opinion" in there? If you do get a chance to have someone hack that POLL please make note of where I voted.

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site

pedromiguelmartins said:
86TDFWinner said:
70kmph said:

Some guys weren't as dirty as others, some of them paid more than others, some of them only focussed on some races and gave everything back. I should take Lance out of the pool and leave the rest.

...you are humble to a fault :D ....and the genius part goes without sayin'....and an extremely good looking dude...damn I'm jealous...and you probably climb like an angel and sprint like a rocket....in a less humble package you could be hard to take but the wholesale humblistity saves the day...damn...

Cheers

pedromiguelmartins said:
86TDFWinner said:
70kmph said:

Lol! Again(for the 1,000,002nd time) how is LeMond "dirty"and you've mentioned NOTHING before about being a scumbag.

Why would you take the most famous doper in all of cycling and the biggest "scumbag"(by your words) off the list, yet leave a non doper like LeMond ON it? Also,(and correct me if I'm wrong here), but why would you put Hinaults name on the list as well and he's never been caught or admitted to(least to My knowledge) of doping?

Glenn_Wilson said:
86TDFWinner said:
Glenn_Wilson said:
Tonton said:
sartoris said:

I believe you would not find my name on one of those 40 something votes for LeMond. Anyhow I guess this is the time when the dirty dozenz heads and all fanboys heads explode--- Not so sure why you get all defensive with my reply to Tonton but hey maybe you might be a bike shop owner and are praying like hell no "drunken master" shows up on the caller ID.

hell man I spent plenty of hours trying to defend my opinion on Lemond. So anyway what did you do try to hack the POLL and inserted "MY opinion" in there? If you do get a chance to have someone hack that POLL please make note of where I voted.

Huh?

So lemme see of I understand you here: you claim to have "tried to defend your opinion on LeMond", yet you're upset with someone elses opinion, that doesn't jive with yours.

You called folks "fanboys", and my head won't explode because you or someone else doesn't like him.

I just kind of assumed since you have such a disliking of the guy, you might've been.one of the ones who votes for him. Either way, I don't care enough. Don't worry, I won't check anything.

TRENDING THREADS