• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Dirtiest Rider

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Everything considered, it would have to be Lance Armstrong. Not only for doping but also for all the **** he put a lot of people through.

Another vote for Riis here.

When you think of donkey turned into racehorse, he is the one that immediately springs to mind for me. He dismantled a field of riders who were all doped to the eyeballs - on a climb averaging nearly 9% gradient despite being built nothing like a climber.

Added points for his team's doping record as a manager.

hrotha said:
Thread is dirtiest, not winningest. LA, AC and what have you have absolutely nothing on the likes of Herve.

Try Hamburger, or Gaumont, or Bruylandts, or someone along those lines. They might come sorta close.

In a sport where anyone who wins a race is instantly considered to be on drugs, I'm pretty sure two of the most successful riders of recent times (before LA lost his results obviously), who have both been caught doping, are going to be very high up on a list of suspected dirtiest riders.

DFA123 said:

When you think of donkey turned into racehorse, he is the one that immediately springs to mind for me. He dismantled a field of riders who were all doped to the eyeballs - on a climb averaging nearly 9% gradient despite being built nothing like a climber.

Riis could ride a bike straight. He was handy. Froome was lucky to be a Pro. His doping is prolific. And his weight loss drugs are mentally insane. If the Dawg actually lives past 2016 I'd be amazed.

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I can't really say Kelme as they are a team so i'll go for Jesus Manzano like Dr Juice said.

Manzano said Fuentes would tell him he would be either "barking like a dog" or "mooing like a cow" in the bunch that day depending on what animal he'd used to soup up his engine.Jeez,that's heavy,as if the pressures of the race wouldn't be bad enough without wondering what animal you would be imitating later.:eek:

Tournesol said:
Manzano said Fuentes would tell him he would be either "barking like a dog" or "mooing like a cow" in the bunch that day depending on what animal he'd used to soup up his engine.Jeez,that's heavy,as if the pressures of the race wouldn't be bad enough without wondering what animal you would be imitating later.:eek:

Animal blood injections aren't even considered doping in many sports.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
Thread is dirtiest, not winningest. LA, AC and what have you have absolutely nothing on the likes of Herve.

Try Hamburger, or Gaumont, or Bruylandts, or someone along those lines. They might come sorta close.
Dr Dave ftw

Dr Dave Bruylandts. the walking talking human experiment with a nickname like "doctor dave"

how about Johnny Hoogerland, also with a nickname, Johnny Testosteronny.

i just luv the nick' phonetic anthropomorphosis from pharmaceutical to cyclist. Kafka wrote a book

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
Riis could ride a bike straight. He was handy. Froome was lucky to be a Pro. His doping is prolific. And his weight loss drugs are mentally insane. If the Dawg actually lives past 2016 I'd be amazed.
cound should procreate now!

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
DFA123 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyqyVKSJiOM
pig heart

Bjarne Riis admits using crack, opium and ecstasy.
Kaspar Bang
Kaspar Bang
Published on Jun 10, 2007

Bjarne Riis bought a whole new heart in Africa, during his period of drug abuse.
Remixed by http://www.facebook.com/kasparbang

hrotha said:

i know Hamburger tested positive a bunch of times, and Gaumont was crazy, but what's the deal with Bruylandts? i know they called him "Dr." Dave Bruylandts back in the day, but are there any stories or whatever about him?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Tournesol said:
I can't really say Kelme as they are a team so i'll go for Jesus Manzano like Dr Juice said.

hilarious.

see Bjarne Riis pig heart^
suinae

i think guys from Kelme were definitely the dirtiest. Sevilla, Botero, Tauler, Aitor Gonzalez, Valverde, the Garcia Quesada brothers. i wonder what went through guys' minds in the Armstrong years, as in "what the hell is this guy on that makes him so strong?" and trying all those crazy things to see if they work.

also surprising nobody mentioned Di Luca. or maybe he was just the dumbest rider.

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I wondered about which teams might have been dirtier than others. I knew Kelme was incredibly dirty and that's why Heras more or less stayed at the same level when he went to US Postal. A bit less stuff ( esp. dangerous stuff) at USP but a bit more efficiency due to good doctors who knew what you had to take and what not.
A lot of riders started climbing like angels when they signed for USP.

How about Saeco Savoldelli vs Discovery Savoldelli? I think Saeco was also maybe not one of the dirtiest but not that far behind. He seemed pretty consistent. It's a shame he was injured at T-Mobile. I wanted to see how he fared at that team.
Not that he was one of the dirtiest riders ( not even close) but I just wondered. I'd like to see comparisons between riders at different teams in order to have a clue about which team might fuel them up more.

Some belgian or french riders in the 90's were heavy into doping as well. Pot belge to celebrate a victory....Pascal Richard would inject himself sth into his penis just to be more resistant during sexual activity. Riders who had a substance for f#cking everything.

blackcat said:
hincapie

George+Hincapie+Paris-Roubaix.jpg

nice, two more from my book.

evans_vinokourov_muddy_roads_giro_d_italia_2010_a.jpg

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Juice said:
I wondered about which teams might have been dirtier than others. I knew Kelme was incredibly dirty and that's why Heras more or less stayed at the same level when he went to US Postal. A bit less stuff ( esp. dangerous stuff) at USP but a bit more efficiency due to good doctors who knew what you had to take and what not.
A lot of riders started climbing like angels when they signed for USP.

How about Saeco Savoldelli vs Discovery Savoldelli? I think Saeco was also maybe not one of the dirtiest but not that far behind. He seemed pretty consistent. It's a shame he was injured at T-Mobile. I wanted to see how he fared at that team.
Not that he was one of the dirtiest riders ( not even close) but I just wondered. I'd like to see comparisons between riders at different teams in order to have a clue about which team might fuel them up more.

Some belgian or french riders in the 90's were heavy into doping as well. Pot belge to celebrate a victory....Pascal Richard would inject himself sth into his penis just to be more resistant during sexual activity. Riders who had a substance for f#cking everything.
not Jamie Burrow. best ever climber from the UK, best ever grimpeur SkyProCycling never had. They destroyed him. Plateau de Beille record holder.

froome dawg got nothin on JB

TRENDING THREADS