• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

**Do I still choose the Deda Elementi Supernatural Road Bar with NEW STI (non-zap)?**

Need feedback on choosing a handlebar, and unfortunately don't have the chance to test-ride my two options... :(

Regarding the Deda Elementi Supernatural Road Bar vs. Newton Anatomic:

10096.jpg
5125.jpg

Manufacturer says Supernatural is designed specifically for STI cable routing: "Shimano (STI) specific anatomic bend for in-the-drops comfort and control with single-groove cable routing."

Does this refer to old-style, pre-Dura-Ace 7900 STI, however? Given the fact that new Dura-Ace levers route all cable under the tape, would I be better served by choosing the classic Deda Elementi Newton Anatomic Bar, which I use now w/ Campag Record 10 ergo levers?

I'm building up a new bike, and thinking about using Shimano. However, the Deda Newton Anatomic + Campag Ergo lever combo is truly a perfect bar/lever choice for me, one that I'd like to replicate as closely as possible with the new set-up. Obviously taking into account the fact that I won't be able to replicate my position/set-up perfectly if I switch components, I'd still like to get close.

So, do I go with the Newton Anatomic + Dura-Ace or Supernatural + Dura-Ace?

Feedback is appreciated - post here, PM or email me. :)

Thanks.

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
I've been riding that same Campy/Deda Newton set up on one of the rigs for about 8 years, about as long as the Newton bar has been around. Great feel for me too. A friend of mine has a dura ace (small caps:))/Newton set up on his Steelman cross bike, and since were the same size I regularly tool around on it when I'm over there, which actually rides really nice. I'd love to have a Steelman someday(daydreaming).

My vote is to stick with the bar you're used to, and you know very well how finicky us roadies can be, especially once we start toying around with minor changes in position.

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
玻璃阳光房款式新颖

北京辉乐豪金属制品有限公司,成立于二零零三年。它的组建源自于一批从各大公司分流出来的施工技术主干,曾施工与星级酒店、政府机关等工程项目,为了寻求更高的发展集聚到一起,从而创办了辉乐豪铜门金属制品有限公司。  我们的独特之处是直接化的管理模式,拥有一批专业的施工队伍。我们不讲纸上谈兵的空话,铜门质量、价格才是硬道理,一切让事实证明。多年来公司始终坚持“高标准、严要求、抓质量、树品牌”的宗旨,强化质量管理体系。引进国内外先进的技术设备,采用世界最先进的数控设备和流水生产线,严格按标准、按规范生产。生产的玻璃阳光房产品功能完善、结构合理、款式新颖、做工精细、畅销全国各地。  辉乐豪人坚持以吸收消化先进的技术为突破口,不断进行技术改革,以先进的技术设备形成规模化生产,达到了求质量、保数量、降成本、增效益的效果。坚持以铜门市场需求为向导,顾客要求为动力,完善售后服务,提供优质产品。广大客户的选用是对辉乐豪品牌的认可,从而印证了“辉乐豪”在行业中的品牌地位。辉乐豪依靠广大客户的依赖和支持,凭着强大的实力,把玻璃阳光房产品的实用性、可靠性、耐用性,推向一个更高、更好的层次。北京辉乐豪金属制品有限公司真诚与您合作,用我们的双手和智慧为您营造出完美的生活空间。