• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Do you believe Vino will return next year?

Do you think Vino will ride some prof races next year?

• Yes why not, it's vino after all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Alright so vino just rode his last official course but with Vino you never know.

And he likes to ride so much. I think after a few months he's like "Damn i want to ride again, oh whatever one more year."

So I think he'll return next year although it's nice to end like this but I don't think he'll be able to resist to ride in gold :D

nope
i honestly think this will be his last year as a rider.i even think that donostia was his last race

don't worry,we will also have fun with vino as a DS and with vino as president of kazakhstan(not so much fun for uzbekistan and turkmenistan though :D )

Vinokourov dice adiós en San Sebastián:
"He querido disfrutar al máximo en mi última carrera".
http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=54420

418783_473804185977940_1374829714_n.jpg

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
nope
i honestly think this will be his last year as a rider.i even think that donostia was his last race

don't worry,we will also have fun with vino as a DS and with vino as president of kazakhstan(not so much fun for uzbekistan and turkmenistan though :D )

Vino as teamleader will be so fun.

"If you don't attack each day, no food in the evening" He might actually do that lol

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
He came back this year because he didn't want his career to end with him being carried out of the bushes in the tour by his teammates, not a very pretty last career image to leave people with. Now though he has left people with a great last image, so I don't think he will be back.

Of course it wouldn't be a surprise or disappointment to me if he did come back :D, I'd like to see Vino in a gold kit.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Vino like Elvis will always be there! Has he even left the building? Nope :D

I would bet good money we'll see him riding his bike with Team Astana next year, especially at the camps and GT reconnaissance rides.

Race? Well luckily the OP didn't say ProTour, I bet he goes to a Grand Fondo or two if time permits and of course to raise cycling awareness ;)

orangerider said:
He's done - what better way to end your career than with a gold medal.

Better, would be:

1. Winning le Tour (probably the best way to go out)
2. Winning one of the other GT's
3. Winning a Spring Classic or two.
4. Winning any of the other Classics.
5. Winning one of the Pre GT week long races.
6. Winning one of the up and coming classic to be races that everyone is talking about.
7. Winning a highly paid out Post Tour Crit. :)
8. Winning his local Country, State, County, City race.
9. Maybe Olympic Gold after that.

:D

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
ElChingon said:
Better, would be:

1. Winning le Tour (probably the best way to go out)
2. Winning one of the other GT's
3. Winning a Spring Classic or two.

4. Winning any of the other Classics.
5. Winning one of the Pre GT week long races.
6. Winning one of the up and coming classic to be races that everyone is talking about.
7. Winning a highly paid out Post Tour Crit. :)
8. Winning his local Country, State, County, City race.
9. Maybe Olympic Gold after that.

:D
You don't seriously believe the bolded part right? You think the Dauphine is more glamorous than winning the Olympics?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Cancellator said:
You don't seriously believe the bolded part right? You think the Dauphine is more glamorous than winning the Olympics?

The quality of the race has to factor in history and past winners, Olympics so far is pretty lame, Dauphine has a richer history by far!

TRENDING THREADS