• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Do you wear a helmet?

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Do you wear a helmet?

• Yes - it is optional but I still wear one anyway

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Black Dog said:
The head injury comes from the distance from the head to the road. The speed of the rider adds little to the impact force. The higher your head is off the ground the harder the impact.

I carry forged ID and travel papers to fool the Nazis.

I am still not wearing one on the urban bike (usually). And will probably skip wearing one on my next road ride in memory of the survivors of the Kracow ghettos.

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Black Dog said:
The head injury comes from the distance from the head to the road. The speed of the rider adds little to the impact force. The higher your head is off the ground the harder the impact.

I carry forged ID and travel papers to fool the Nazis.

What?

If you hit something besides the road, like a car or a tree, then velocity certainly effects the impact force. Also, going fast gives you less time to react to upcoming obstacles, traffic, ect., so probably increases the chance that you will crash.

My head is higher off the ground when I'm walking then when I'm on my bike, so following your logic I should I wear a helmet while strolling around town and leave it at home when in the aero bars.

TRENDING THREADS