• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Does Lemond own this forum?

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Seriously, the way this forum is advocated...you create a thread that mentions the good things Lance has done and it gets locked.:confused: Meanwhile, Lance hate threads are free to go on. Who owns this site?....and maybe the site's credibility is lost by allowing Lemond to post articles...

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
What thread of yours was it that got locked? There is still a thread open discussing what he introduced into cycling. I only deleted a thread of yours which had an inflammatory opening post and that was opened with an ulterior motive

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
SilentAssassin said:
Seriously, the way this forum is advocated...you create a thread that mentions the good things Lance has done and it gets locked.:confused: Meanwhile, Lance hate threads are free to go on. Who owns this site?....and maybe the site's credibility is lost by allowing Lemond to post articles...
You are right of course.

I'm surprised no one picked it up before.

Personally I send Greg $16.50 and three pies each week as payment for allowing me to post on this forum.

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
It depends on the poster. If one doesn't like the forum he/she may go and choose any other to satisfy his/her needs. Internet offers plenty of opportunities.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
No, but there is a troll who keeps posting anti Lemond threads in a weak effort to prop up his mancrush Armstrong.

That same troll is now sending me nonsense PM's about Lemond.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
RR, have you reported thse pm's, or do you care to share them. Also I took out that insult, it was a bit harsh don't you think? I can understand your irritated, but please remain civil, don't do or say things you'll later regret

SilentAssassin said:

Jeebus! I lost track of how many new threads that you created during the last two weeks. I don't recall any that were not redundant. A large number were locked because they were the same old rants that exist in several threads on the front page. There is a sticky thread at the top of the pro cycling forum that urges people to check the existing threads before creating a new one. All new members should read it.,

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Barrus said:
RR, have you reported thse pm's, or do you care to share them. Also I took out that insult, it was a bit harsh don't you think? I can understand your irritated, but please remain civil, don't do or say things you'll later regret

I understand, but the guy is nuts.

I haven't reported all of the PM's. The guy has been sending me so many I lose track

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
53 x 11 said:
You are right of course.

I'm surprised no one picked it up before.

Personally I send Greg $16.50 and three pies each week as payment for allowing me to post on this forum.

judging from his appearance i'd say he's enjoying the pies

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:
I understand, but the guy is nuts.

I haven't reported all of the PM's. The guy has been sending me so many I lose track

Keep reporting them, there is little more that I can say or do at the moment

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Members can turn off PMs from people not in their friends/contact list. That is how I stopped the BPC PMs to me.

That's also a good idea. I already wondered a while ago why you put me on your friendlist :p

Chapeau

BANNED
Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Could we please have some answers as to why the forum is very Anti-Armstrong orientated?.

But when somebody creates a thread questioning Mr. LeMonds credentials, its all hell for leather to have it removed from the boards?.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Chapeau said:
Could we please have some answers as to why the forum is very Anti-Armstrong orientated?.

But when somebody creates a thread questioning Mr. LeMonds credentials, its all hell for leather to have it removed from the boards?.

Anti-Armstrong orientated?
There is an "Offical Lance Armstrong" thread on the main page - no other rider has that.

And this was an effort to tidy up many other threads started about him, of which there are 179 - 35 started in the last month alone.

A quick search will show there are plenty of threads questioning Lemond on the forum.

Chapeau

BANNED
Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Anti-Armstrong orientated?
There is an "Offical Lance Armstrong" thread on the main page - no other rider has that.

A quick search will show there are plenty of threads questioning Lemond on the forum.

Question not answered.

Could we please try again.

Or are you a bigger troll than the pro Armstrong fraternity?.

Chapeau

BANNED
Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
which there are 179 - 35 started in the last month alone.

A quick search will show there are plenty of threads questioning Lemond on the forum.[/QUOTE]

Question not answered.

Or are you a bigger troll than the pro-Armstrong fraternity?.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Chapeau said:
Question not answered.

Or are you a bigger troll than the pro Armstrong fraternity?.

Ok, how about no, (reasons given in earlier post).

No - I am not a troll - I am a member of this forum, just like you.

Chapeau

BANNED
Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Ok, how about no, (reasons given in earlier post).

Susan, you really need to start handing out attitude checks on some of the forums members.

Where trying to rid the forums of trolling, but with attitudes like that?. I'm not convinced.

Thoughts?.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Chapeau said:
Susan, we really need to start handing out attitude checks on some of its members.

Where trying to rid the forums of trolling, but with attitudes like that?. I'm not convinced.

Thoughts?.

What is wrong with my attitude? You asked a question, I answered - you said the question was not answered so I put it as plain as possible.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Chapeau said:
Susan, you really need to start handing out attitude checks on some of the forums members.

Thoughts?.

Thoughts? you are a troll.

Your first action after signing up, prior to even posting, was to send me a rambling, nonsense filled PM that repeated all of the Public Strategies talking points that had been debunked over and over and over.

The forum is not anti-Armstrong, it is Pro Truth, something the Groupies seem to have an issue with.

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Thoughts? you are a troll.

Your first action after signing up, prior to even posting, was to send me a rambling, nonsense filled PM that repeated all of the Public Strategies talking points that had been debunked over and over and over.

The forum is not anti-Armstrong, it is Pro Truth, something the Groupies seem to have an issue with.

This forum is.....

Does this forum only have one viewpoint on what the "truth" is?

I can now safely put everyone on ignore apart from you to get that viewpoint.

Thank you very much for saving me so much time

TRENDING THREADS