• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Does she or doesn't she?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Caruut said:
"Sporting peak" is such an arbitrary term though. Of course Chris Horner is ancient, but I think cycling, in being both non-contact and heavily dependent on endurance probably has a slightly later peak, than sprinting events in any discipline. What I'm saying is that this case is even more extreme than Longo and Horner.

You know, if we consider that cycling has a slightly later peak, why have we seen so few riders riding till they were 40 in the pro peloton?

I know Sean Kelly would've kept going and I imagine a few others out there wish they had the 'expertise' that is going now back when they had to retire.

Voight, Hincapie, Leipheimer, Horner etc are using enhancement to prolong their careers. No question. I mean Voight's body must have taken a hammering every season, but with chemicals he has been able to keep coming back for more.

TRENDING THREADS