• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Dog movies

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Omg. I just saw the saddest dog movie ever. I never cry at movies being that I have a cold little black heart. But, I'll admit to a tear or two on this one...

The movie "Hachi" while slow as molasses, just about killed me at the end. I'll never look at my dog the same way.

Any dog movies make you cry? Or am I the lone sap here?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
The dog movies that have dogs speaking with human voices are the ones I really hate. But other than that dog movies are usually quite good and can be quite sad. I do find it funny when watching dog tv shows like Kommissar Rex! Is that what German/Austrian crime shows are actually like?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
As I said, I've never watched it, so I don't really know.

On the other hand, on the rare occasions when I watch US tv series, I usually find them pretty bizarre, so I'm probably not a very good judge.

Susan

everyone finds those series bizarre.;) I was just wondering as you may of known if they were big even though you've never watched it.

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
There is no question, the saddest has to be Old Yeller. A real tear-jerker.

And probably older than 99 percent of the forumlers......

Susan

See now that one never really bothered me for some reason.

Hachi (the 2009 version w/Richard Gere) I found out after watching it, was based on a true story that happened in Japan in the thirties. That made it even worse! Boo-hoo. :(

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
everyone finds those series bizarre.;) I was just wondering as you may of known if they were big even though you've never watched it.

Hee hee. Yeah there's a lot of garbage on U.S. TV. About all I watch are the science, news, and history channels. Once in while the occasional drama series like House, but not much.

We don't receive "Rex" here that I know of.

A

Anonymous

Old Yeller, not great art but...

Susan Westemeyer said:
There is no question, the saddest has to be Old Yeller. A real tear-jerker.

And probably older than 99 percent of the forumlers......

Susan

Yes, made in 1957, not a dry eye in the house when the boy has to shoot his dog (and friend) when dog becomes rabid.

One of the WORST dog movies ever made, "A Boy and His Dog" 1975 with Don Johnson (figgers). From the IMDb, "A post-apocalyptic tale based on a novella by Harlan Ellison. A boy communicates telepathically with his dog as they scavenge for food and sex."

As a little child I read "A Dog of Flanders". Boy, very poor, finds abused dog, which he teaches to pull a milk delivery cart. In the end both boy and dog freeze to death, boy clutching dog, on the steps of a church in Antwerp on Christmas Eve. My first consciousness of things Flemish.

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
brewerjeff said:
In the end both boy and dog freeze to death, boy clutching dog, on the steps of a church in Antwerp on Christmas Eve. .

Hey thanks for making my Thursday evening at home alone with my dog even more special. :(

TRENDING THREADS