• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Doping In Athletics

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
One of the Brit girls went out in the 200 semi coming last or last but one and they interviewed her.
"What went wrong ?"
"I dunno. I just dunno. I need to speak to Linford, all I need to do now is speak to Linford."

In Brit cycling is is Yates, Sutton, Sciandri, Boardman and collection of other dopers who are the mentors. Mirrored in Brit athletics with Linford being mentor number 1 for a significant section of the GB sprint team. Presumably for the full set, at British Athletics there is a "Cookson act-a-like" who is capable of signalling where he is not going to look and highlighting when in advance he is going to make his token gestures of providing oversight.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Ashton lowered his PB by 0.55s.

Reading the letsrun forum, I've determined that the athletics version of tailwind is a "fast track".

The track is very fast.

Good news: Dibaba will go for the 5k WR. Should be easy. No doubt the quickest women from 800 to 10k.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

The Hitch said:
In between all that Ashton got a new 400m record for decathlon. Fast enough to have made the final in 2004 (year evil doper Gatlin won the 100m). That would be the gc guys at the Tour de France beating Tony Martin and Fabian in the time trials. errr.

Hitch you must have loved the evil gatlin vs clean bolt storyline :D

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
More Strides than Rides said:
ray j willings said:
There is nothing in the link that states Bolt was seeing the good Dr at a young age....

Did you read the link?

Here's another:
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/7324261/germany-dr-hans-wilhelm-muller-wohlfahrta-great-healer-quack-hyperactive-syringe
Muller-Wohlfahrt says they were first introduced when Bolt's coach brought Bolt, then a quiet 16-year-old, to his Munich clinic. Over the years, the doctor says, he has become a fringe member of Bolt's support staff, his duties ranging from tending to Bolt's aches and pains, to analyzing his sprint mechanics during track workouts when he's in town, to crafting specific exercises aimed at helping him withstand the rigors of the sport.

"The first time he came nobody knew him, but his coach sent him here to ask me whether it was worth it to train him," says Muller-Wohlfahrt, who himself trained as a track athlete growing up in a small town in northern Germany, by the Baltic Sea. "He [the coach] was not sure whether he was able to train very, very hard. I said, 'If he does this and this exercises -- yes, then he can.' So he started to do exercises and then the success grew more and more. For example, yesterday he phoned and he does his exercises. We have a very good connection, very good correspondence."

No , I read the Express link, there was no mention of a young age doping connection.
But that is quite a telling link and some good detective work that no one posted when some of you were giving me a load of stick for my opinion.

So with that evidence now in the frame I have to change my opinion , sadly.
Looks like Bolt's doping.

That's everyone now.

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Re:

PremierAndrew said:
So Clean :D

Asher-Smith fastest ever time for 5th

It's been a joke to listen to Jackson and Cram mention Cook's record during the last few days. No suggestion whatsoever that it may be tainted.

Sure, a country with a large afro-Carribean population, and the fastest woman 200m runner was a white woman running 30 years ago.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

Dalakhani said:
According to 2 very reliable sources (Brailsford an Coe), the dark days of doping are behind us.

Why would I believe them? ;)
EFA

why? gordonstoun why.

you see, it can all be explained down to gordonstoun. once you make this realisation, it all makes perfect sense.

like hume talked of theology and faith, believing in the deity required you to believe in the miracle, and thus believing in god sans foundation. well, you dont have to even believe in a greater miracle in cycling, all you need to understand is gordonstoun. once you come to this understanding, the revelation will be upon you.

gordonstoun, just think gordonstoun, gordonstoun. you will get it.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

wendybnt said:
Some of you would have chundered up your weetbix if you'd seen the BBC news this morning.

Paula Radcliffe praising up Usain Bolt ;)
it is the current talking point, him being the savior of the sport, but dont conflate Radcliffe talking him up with defending a rotten sport, this is all about face time paula and solipsism.

she has her sights set on being a dame, and dont you get in her way.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Re:

wendybnt said:
Some of you would have chundered up your weetbix if you'd seen the BBC news this morning.

Paula Radcliffe praising up Usain Bolt ;)

How the Flip does the BBC do a documentary about Doping. The guy doing the documentary beats the test
He realises and understands the performance advantage a endro athlete would get yet the Beeb doesn't dig deep into her marathon times and are just happy to accept her answer without any real tough knowledgeable response when they know full well she must have doped. The big eyed interview is comedy gold.

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
I guess that unless there is something totally concrete they just wouldn't go there. It would just be too speculative and too tabloid. I think they'd be all over it if there was a decent sniff.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Re:

wendybnt said:
I guess that unless there is something totally concrete they just wouldn't go there. It would just be too speculative and too tabloid. I think they'd be all over it if there was a decent sniff.

Don't you think they could have said
BBC to Paula " how come you have run quicker than runners that have doped?"
BBC "We know from our own documentary that it's not possible to beat doped athletes by 3 mins "
BBC " why are your eyes so wide" :D
BBC" what benefit would it be to other athletes if they see your data"
BBC " how do you know this" " if your clean why would you know so much about data and doping"
BBC " how do you think it is has been possible for MO to have beaten athletes who have doped"

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm probably not the best person to ask. I really don't buy into the possibility of clean pro sport. And if you don't buy into it you have to sort of accept it for what it is, and accosting a particular individual with suspicions of doping seems a bit pointless. Bit like trying to investigate a murder in a war zone.

Maybe the BBC take the same approach :)

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

wendybnt said:
I'm probably not the best person to ask. I really don't buy into the possibility of clean pro sport. And if you don't buy into it you have to sort of accept it for what it is, and accosting a particular individual with suspicions of doping seems a bit pointless. Bit like trying to investigate a murder in a war zone.

Maybe the BBC take the same approach :)

good post.

but they manage to still excoriate and demonise "the other". that is the fallibility in this policy innit

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
That is because doping cases threaten the myth of clean sport, and nobody wants their dreams crushed do they?
Anyway, I'm off. The world darts is on. :D

Thing is, outside of this place...which the BBC definitely is...you'll not find the same obsessive interest in doping. Yes, it's an issue....and is considered to be so...but, by and large, most BBC employees/freelancers/contributors involved with sport don't see it as the complete cesspit that folks here do. To be honest, a good number of people I meet are past caring. They'll be gutted/devastated etc if one of their Brit heroes is implicated (or worse, busted) but they don't have the desire to go digging. Some people like digging around in ***...others would rather hold their nose.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
images

sorry ,wrong Radcliffe and wrong queen...