• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Doping In Athletics

Page 62 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

The Carrot said:
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/feb/10/wada-uk-anti-doping-russia-drug-testing

'Wada approves deal for UK anti-doping to take charge of drug-testing in Russia'.

Only the UKAD can handle this! Well they are purer than pure.

Cue Blackcat.

Wow. The nerve of UKAD and UK athletics in general. I hope they get their comeuppance soon.

Re:

ice&fire said:

BBC and others:
Lord Coe responded strongly, simply saying he was "angered and dismayed by today's kids' athletics announcement.
"We will not accept it. It's the kids who will suffer."

OF COURSE. IT'S THE CHILDREN WHO ARE SUFFERING.

(A) As far as Nestle's are concerned, CHILDREN are magical holes that turn cheap nasty chocolate products into literal gold.
(B) As far as Lord Coe is concerned, CHILDREN is a magical word that explains the success of the London 2012 bid. Maybe now this magical word can keep Nestle money?!

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

The Carrot said:
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/feb/10/wada-uk-anti-doping-russia-drug-testing

'Wada approves deal for UK anti-doping to take charge of drug-testing in Russia'.

Only the UKAD can handle this! Well they are purer than pure.

Cue Blackcat.

yes, muscular christianity and gordonstoun. its a job for.

...chariots of fire

Re: Re:

Cramps said:
ice&fire said:

BBC and others:
Lord Coe responded strongly, simply saying he was "angered and dismayed by today's kids' athletics announcement.

(A) As far as Nestle's are concerned, CHILDREN are magical holes that turn cheap nasty chocolate products into literal gold.
(B) As far as Lord Coe is concerned, CHILDREN is a magical word that explains the success of the London 2012 bid. Maybe now this magical word can keep Nestle money?!

"we will not accept it" - well, you kinda have to accept it because NESTLE have walked away with all their chocolate and money.

May 14, 2010
Visit site

thehog said:
Cramps said:
ice&fire said:

BBC and others:

"we will not accept it" - well, you kinda have to accept it because NESTLE have walked away with all their chocolate and money.

Lord Coe . . . Nestle . . . the children . . . HAHAHAHA. We will not accept it . . . HAHAHAHAHA. Definitely comedy gold.

Maxiton said:
thehog said:
Cramps said:
ice&fire said:

BBC and others:

Lord Coe . . . Nestle . . . the children . . . HAHAHAHA. We will not accept it . . . HAHAHAHAHA. Definitely comedy gold.

Tom Robison 12 years old from Kent in England was asked for his opinion on the shocking news of the Nestle pulling out of athletics. “I’m shocked” said Tommy from his playground at school. “You come this far in your career as a young athlete, winning the egg & spoon race at age 7 and just went you start to see results in the standing long jump at age 12 you have the rug pulled out from beneath your feet by a greedy cooperate more concerned with fiscal results than the children”.

When asked what he plans to do now, Tommy remained upbeat about his career.

“I’m 12 years old, I have a lot to look forward to in athletics, Lord Coe has paved the way for a better tomorrow, yesterday after school I had a hot milk with my mother and realised that I have to maintain confidence knowing the at Lord Coe will steer the big athletics boat in the right direction”.

thehog said:
Cramps said:
ice&fire said:

BBC and others:

Interesting situation - if there is a cast iron contract with no anti-doping / bad publicity type of get out, then Coe might be able to say that. Enforcing it though might be difficult and not cost effective.

I remember when RBS was bailed out by the UK government, they couldn't get out of the Williams F1 sponsorship deal they had due to a long term binding contract @ something like £20m / year.

BBC quotes Coe: "Clearly it wasn't a decision made about reputation because, since 2001, they've been the global partner to the Tour de France and renewed at a moment when cycling was in its worst position around doping."

Interesting... If Coe thinks Nestle is lying, and is not pulling out because of reputation concerns, then what does Coe think is the real reason for their action?

It sounds like Coe thinks Nestles is out to attack his personal position? Could he be right? Do the Swiss chocolatiers/water privatisers/baby formula pushers have an agenda against Coe?

If so, I might lift my personal Nestle's boycott.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site

Irondan said:
arcus said:
Did you read the comments below the video?

They tear into her very harshly, treating her as a jealous has-been that can't run anymore so instead she's trying to smear the good folks of the NOP!

The doping culture still rules while using tactics LA perfected years ago.
And, check out this homer at the Oregonian: http://www.oregonlive.com/trackandfield/index.ssf/2016/02/sunday_morning_news_notes_link_29.html#comments

Hmmmmmm..... conspiracy theories are not allowed on this forum :rolleyes:

(Reuters) - The former executive director of Russia's anti-doping agency (RUSADA) Nikita Kamayev has died two months after resigning his post, the Tass news agency reported on Sunday.

The report, citing the former general director of the scandal-hit agency Ramil Khabriev, said Kamayev's death had "presumably" been caused by a heart attack.

"It looks like an extensive infraction," it quoted Khabriev as saying. "He complained of heart ache after a skiing session. He has never complained about heart problems, at least to me. Maybe his wife knew about such problems."

http://news.yahoo.com/former-russian-anti-doping-chief-kamayev-dead-tass-024020404--spt.html

thehog said:

(Reuters) - The former executive director of Russia's anti-doping agency (RUSADA) Nikita Kamayev has died two months after resigning his post, the Tass news agency reported on Sunday.

The report, citing the former general director of the scandal-hit agency Ramil Khabriev, said Kamayev's death had "presumably" been caused by a heart attack.

"It looks like an extensive infraction," it quoted Khabriev as saying. "He complained of heart ache after a skiing session. He has never complained about heart problems, at least to me. Maybe his wife knew about such problems."

http://news.yahoo.com/former-russian-anti-doping-chief-kamayev-dead-tass-024020404--spt.html

Does that mean this line of the thread cant continue ... ?

"Massive heart attack" ... wow

TheSpud said:
thehog said:

Doping is serious business. The only surprise about this is that it is so brazen.

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
armchairclimber said:
TheSpud said:
thehog said:

Doping is serious business. The only surprise about this is that it is so brazen.

This is a job for George Smiley. Or maybe Bond