• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

Doping In Athletics

Page 95 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A few times a week I read Cycling news and Velonews and a little less often.. with the literal implosion of long term sponsorship..Froome getting popped and a huge amount of coverage on women's cycling about equal pay for an unequal product.. cycling is real trouble.. motorized doping has the ground cycling races on possibly being pulled out from under it..
How in the f-ck. can the sites both report on an island exiled dog ice cream salesman, convicted and banned from cycling until 2023 for doping get headlines on both sites!!!???!!!
Ricco is a disgraceful fool..why with limited resources can bike racing websites spend money asking..or caring what Ricco thinks about anything..?
Let the guy sell ice cream in peace.. let him return to cycling when it's legal in 2023..

Re:

Unchained said:
A few times a week I read Cycling news and Velonews and a little less often.. with the literal implosion of long term sponsorship..Froome getting popped and a huge amount of coverage on women's cycling about equal pay for an unequal product.. cycling is real trouble.. motorized doping has the ground cycling races on possibly being pulled out from under it..
How in the f-ck. can the sites both report on an island exiled dog ice cream salesman, convicted and banned from cycling until 2023 for doping get headlines on both sites!!!???!!!
Ricco is a disgraceful fool..why with limited resources can bike racing websites spend money asking..or caring what Ricco thinks about anything..?
Let the guy sell ice cream in peace.. let him return to cycling when it's legal in 2023..
Wait, what!?!? :confused:

Re: Re:

thehog said:
Unchained said:
Wait, what!?!? :confused:

Looks like he has some French Vanilla with caramel topping

Jun 16, 2015

brownbobby said:
Zebadeedee said:
I have absolutely no idea. Neither do you. People, athletes and non athletes, die young and suddenly for lots of different reasons.
I asked a question. No need for a sulky reply.

Here's another one for you, as you seem to like more certainty.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-5361925/British-sprinter-Nigel-Levine-charged-doping.html

Happier now?

Zebadeedee said:
brownbobby said:
Zebadeedee said:
I have absolutely no idea. Neither do you. People, athletes and non athletes, die young and suddenly for lots of different reasons.
I asked a question. No need for a sulky reply.

Here's another one for you, as you seem to like more certainty.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-5361925/British-sprinter-Nigel-Levine-charged-doping.html

Happier now?
No, what there's no need for is you trying to link the untimely death of a young man to doping with zero evidence. Yours wasn't 'just a question'; it was a heavily loaded question.

And WTF would a random story about a confirmed doping case make me any more or less happy about your original post :confused:

Apr 22, 2012
Re:

yaco said:
Kokoso does seem to bite whenever I post anything about Kreiziger - My post from three months ago - UCI charged Kreuziger with a ABP violation - The Czech Olympic Committee found no case to answer - The UCI appealed to CAS - Then CAS and the UCI dropped the case a few days before the hearing - So Kreuziger committed no anti-doping violation - It's crystal clear,
You wrote Kreuziger beat BPS. I was argumenting againts that.

If you wrote it this way first time, I would have not argued.

Apr 22, 2012

veganrob said:
yaco said:
Kokoso does seem to bite whenever I post anything about Kreiziger - My post from three months ago - UCI charged Kreuziger with a ABP violation - The Czech Olympic Committee found no case to answer - The UCI appealed to CAS - Then CAS and the UCI dropped the case a few days before the hearing - So Kreuziger committed no anti-doping violation - It's crystal clear,
Not to mention he keeps calling it the BSP
Well Yaco was first to call it BSP, I've just followed :)

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/mar/04/ruth-jebet-olympic-champion-drug-test-kenya-bahrain-steeplechase?CMP=share_btn_tw
Ruth Jebet, the reigning Olympic 3,000m steeplechase champion and world record holder, has become the highest-profile Kenya-born athlete to become embroiled in a drug-testing scandal.

Although the news has not yet been confirmed, a number of prominent sources have suggested Jebet has tested positive for a performance-enhancing drug, believed to be the blood booster EPO.

Feb 15, 2014
Re:

Robert5091 said:
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/mar/04/ruth-jebet-olympic-champion-drug-test-kenya-bahrain-steeplechase?CMP=share_btn_tw
Ruth Jebet, the reigning Olympic 3,000m steeplechase champion and world record holder, has become the highest-profile Kenya-born athlete to become embroiled in a drug-testing scandal.

Although the news has not yet been confirmed, a number of prominent sources have suggested Jebet has tested positive for a performance-enhancing drug, believed to be the blood booster EPO.
I guess the 8:52 world record was too good to be true. A big name bust in any case, if this turns out to be true.

She's representing Bahrain nowadays, and there may have been a training camp bust in Kenya last week where her coach was arrested. https://twitter.com/thierryvildary/status/970340315751178241

Some conflicting information about who is coaching her (I also saw Khalid Boulami mentioned), and not really clear who else is in the same training group.

Feb 15, 2014
Vetter throwing the javelin 92.70m this early in the year is a brilliant mark. But I do wonder about the German team all suddenly adding so many meters to their throws since 2015-16. Did they figure out something totally new about javelin throwing technique?

Mar 7, 2017
Re:

Nederick said:
Kiprop. Wow!
"To those who have ever violated doping, I'm not part of you & I'm not about to join you. So don't celebrate. To the haters, Time will hurt you back. And to friends who believes I'm not who they thought I am; trust is measured. To a few who believes in hardwork sacrifice hope & breakthroughs the truth will outstand every challenge because the process is indeed truth fair play & transparency manifesting itself in our sport. I enjoy every bit of it & happy to be associated to. #FancyBears"

Apr 20, 2016
Re:

Nederick said:
Kiprop. Wow!
Definitely! EPO positive reported - biggest catch on the men's side since Morrocan Rashid Ramzi (2008 CERA positive IC at Bejing/gold medal 1500 stripped). Kiprop is one of the greatest 1500m runners of all-time. 5th fastest ever (3:26.69) and only one of three runners to ever go sub-3:27 (El G & Lagat). Olympic gold medalist (Beijing) and 3xWorld Champion.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/may/02/athletics-olympic-champion-asbel-kiprop-tests-positive-drug-epo-kenyan

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts