• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Doping In Athletics

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Re:

l.Harm said:
She always did the heptathlon and since this season she started focussing on the sprint. Semi finals she was chilling the last 50 meters.
She wasnt focussed, she is only 0,2 seconds faster than Evelyn Ashford in 1979, the track has become faster, she had a tailwind, she works harder, is more focussed.

Jadajadaja.

I dont care about athletics to be frank. Too much doping.

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Re:

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
l.Harm said:
She always did the heptathlon and since this season she started focussing on the sprint. Semi finals she was chilling the last 50 meters.
She wasnt focussed, she is only 0,2 seconds faster than Evelyn Ashford in 1979, the track has become faster, she had a tailwind, she works harder, is more focussed.

Jadajadaja.

I dont care about athletics to be frank. Too much doping.
Correct and Ashford was always seen as a clean athlete. Now 36 years later, she runs 0,2s faster, like you said...and its suspicious.

I dont know if Schippers is clean or not, but I refuse to call somebody doped based on dumb arguments like some here.

Yes Jones was doped and Flo-Jo probably as well but when exactly is the right time to come close to those times without being accused of doping ? Here in the clinic, probably never.

I think we still have to wait 2 decades but the one who gets close to Marita's Kochs' time on the 400 metres is doomed already.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Re:

SeriousSam said:
Ashton lowered his PB by 0.55s.

Reading the letsrun forum, I've determined that the athletics version of tailwind is a "fast track".

The track is very fast.

Good news: Dibaba will go for the 5k WR. Should be easy. No doubt the quickest women from 800 to 10k.

LOLZ... Yeah, first I ever heard that BS was Tokyo 91. And that King Carl had super-light shoes...

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site

Yes Jones was doped and Flo-Jo probably

"Flo Jo probably". :confused: oh dear

Edit - just noticed where you're from Jeff your post makes slightly more sense now - slightly

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Flo-Jo probably... it didnt hit me in the first place. So thanks Lerate... Probably :rolleyes: LOLZ. She was so much doped up... she basically became a man. Oh my that was ugly. And she paid a big price...

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Re:

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Flo-Jo probably... it didnt hit me in the first place. So thanks Lerate... Probably :rolleyes: LOLZ. She was so much doped up... she basically became a man. Oh my that was ugly. And she paid a big price...
Lerate said:
Yes Jones was doped and Flo-Jo probably

"Flo Jo probably". :confused: oh dear

Edit - just noticed where you're from Jeff your post makes slightly more sense now - slightly
These 2 clowns show exactly what I mean. They go totally crazy about the fact I used the word ''probably''.

What was I thinking ?! Oh no, what a disgrace !! Just unheard.

Any matured human being using the word ''LOLZ'' cant be taken seriously anyway but okay, like expected.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
How about I laugh out loud everytime I hear the word probably (or might, or could be, or ...) in connection with a known doper... ah, skip that... better not be taken seriously but nailing it with a good ol short "LOLZ". I like that more. :D (I love to post emoticons too, to keep posts short... ;) )

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site

"Jeff" if you think that run was unaided then fair enough you're on the wrong forum (planet), but sorry it was ridiculous I'm struggling to think of a more alien athletic performance. By the way "Jeff" what are your thoughts on WWE wrestling?

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Re:

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
How about I laugh out loud everytime I hear the word probably (or might, or could be, or ...) in connection with a known doper... ah, skip that... better not be taken seriously but nailing it with a good ol short "LOLZ". I like that more. :D (I love to post emoticons too, to keep posts short... ;) )
Flo Jo is not a known doper, you, me and a lot of people only think she is.

That's a slight difference. You must be laughing a lot.

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

Lerate said:
"Jeff" if you think that run was unaided then fair enough you're on the wrong forum (planet), but sorry it was ridiculous I'm struggling to think of a more alien athletic performance. By the way "Jeff" what are your thoughts on WWE wrestling?
I dont watch that bull, Lerate. I do think you need to re-read my original comment as well.

Lerate my question to you , if I am allowed ? Why using your 2nd account here to to embarrass yourself ? You cant tell me you registered here tonight, just to post this **** ? No offense, seriously asking.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

"Jeff"":n6lusq8x][quote="FoxxyBrown1111 said:

That's a slight difference. You must be laughing a lot.[/quote]

Darrell Robinson admitted that he sold HGH to her in 1988.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Back to the topic:
T&F is so much more rotten than cycling, that people dont dare to post in the "dope-free" threads. They have a combined 30 posts count. It´s simply (close to) impossible to talk about athletics without mentioning doping.

Btw, where is the freak and 2nd coming of FloJo (Carmelita Jeter that is, for those wondering)? Is she injured, or already retired coz of too much drugs taken?

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site

"Jeff"":3repnpmk][quote="Lerate said:
I dont watch that bull, Lerate. I do think you need to re-read my original comment as well.

Lerate my question to you , if I am allowed ? Why using your 2nd account here to to embarrass yourself ? You cant tell me you registered here tonight, just to post this **** ? No offense, seriously asking.[/quote]

I did in fact register tonight "Jeff" I've been a long time reader but your post made me laugh so I registered to reply. I have no idea why you think anyone would either have or use a 2nd account. And as for embarrassing "Jeff" - I have re-read your original comment and yes it is

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Re:

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Back to the topic:
T&F is so much more rotten than cycling, that people dont dare to post in the "dope-free" threads. They have a combined 30 posts count. It´s simply (close to) impossible to talk about athletics without mentioning doping.

Btw, where is the freak and 2nd coming of FloJo (Carmelita Jeter that is, for those wondering)? Is she injured, or already retired coz of too much drugs taken?

She's training for Mr Universe :)

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site

Lerate said:
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Back to the topic:

She's training for Mr Universe :)

LOLZ. :) :D

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
]She wasnt focussed, she is only 0,2 seconds faster than Evelyn Ashford in 1979, the track has become faster, she had a tailwind, she works harder, is more focussed.
Basically, athletics tracks are faster if the surface is less bouncy. This reduces the amount of energy lost, but increases wear on tear on athletes. It's mostly an advantage for the shorter distances, as they output more energy and don't run that long. Longer distance athletes pay the price for these faster tracks, by getting more injuries.

Supposedly, some actual advances have been made to the surfaces and shoes in recent years as well, that should improve the times: http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-18735617

She also doesn't work harder, she actually reduced her work load, which is logical going from training for 7 events to 1.

BTW. To the guy who said her huge improvement was proof of doping: that only makes sense if the athlete keeps doing the same sport. If an athlete changes sports, it is suspicious if her new training regimen doesn't make her faster in her new sport. You would also expect a track cyclist to get much better at long distance riding if he switches to the road and starts doing much more endurance training. Also keep in mind that she never enjoyed running and only switched due to an injury that manifests itself for the jumping element of the heptathlon.

The argument that her paleness should hold her back is pretty ignorant as well. In speed skating the Dutch long had the mantra that they couldn't defeat Asians in the sprint distances. Then they actually started trying & changed their training and suddenly they could win. I think the genetic advantage of black athletes is much smaller than many people think. Jamaica has a huge focus on short distance running, so they catch way more talents than most other countries. That focus also means those talents get better training.

None of this means she isn't doping, but I agree with Jeff that most of the arguments used against her are just ignorance dressed up as wisdom.

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

Benotti69 said:
"Jeff"":n2seglq4][quote="FoxxyBrown1111 said:

That's a slight difference. You must be laughing a lot.

Darrell Robinson admitted that he sold HGH to her in 1988.[/quote]I always love these one liners from you, Benotti.

Aapjes said:
None of this means she isn't doping, but I agree with Jeff that most of the arguments used against her are just ignorance dressed up as wisdom.
I am glad you at least understand it. Nobody needs to agree with it, no problem.

Making stuff up that has never been said, is just sad. Than you are a waste of bandwidth.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

[quote=""Jeff"":1axxjnja]
Yes Jones was doped and Flo-Jo probably as well but when exactly is the right time to come close to those times without being accused of doping ? Here in the clinic, probably never.
[/quote]

Getting close or even breaking doped up records by the most talented/best responding athletes is very strong evidence of doping, so would naturally lead to accusations of doping.

We have yet to see an explanation how this could be conceivably done without doping that is more believable than "working harder than everyone else" or Brailsfraudian human evolution. Until such an explanation exists, beating doped up world records, or coming close, will remain strong evidence of doping.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au

Aapjes said:
BTW. To the guy who said her huge improvement was proof of doping: that only makes sense if the athlete keeps doing the same sport. If an athlete changes sports, it is suspicious if her new training regimen doesn't make her faster in her new sport. You would also expect a track cyclist to get much better at long distance riding if he switches to the road and starts doing much more endurance training. Also keep in mind that she never enjoyed running and only switched due to an injury that manifests itself for the jumping element of the heptathlon.

Kilo riders can do 20,000km training on the road.

Pursuit riders at least that -- and typically race road at the same time.

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

SeriousSam said:
[quote=""Jeff"":splfic1g]

Getting close or even breaking doped up records by the most talented/best responding athletes is very strong evidence of doping, so would naturally lead to accusations of doping.

We have yet to see an explanation how this could be conceivably done without doping that is more believable than "working harder than everyone else" or Brailsfraudian human evolution. Until such an explanation exists, beating doped up world records, or coming close, will remain strong evidence of doping.[/quote]I think you confuse evidence with speculation.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site

"Jeff"":15wn8fht][quote="SeriousSam said:
[quote=""Jeff"":15wn8fht]

We have yet to see an explanation how this could be conceivably done without doping that is more believable than "working harder than everyone else" or Brailsfraudian human evolution. Until such an explanation exists, beating doped up world records, or coming close, will remain strong evidence of doping.[/quote]I think you confuse evidence with speculation.[/quote]

I´d call that nit-picking... So, is there evidence that all those athlets (or any of them) coming close to the doper records are clean? Or is this pure speculation?

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Give Schippers a break, she only started training seriously this year. Previous years she only showed up for meets and didn't even bother to warm up. Do you guys have any idea what a proper warm-up can do to your muscles? Why do HGH (spelling?) when you can simply warm yourself up to be better than possible?

Also, she won the local Kindergarden Grand Prix three years in a row between ages 3 and 6 so she is clearly talented. Talented people don't do drugs. Sure, this particular Grand Prix was a pony race and she was the only one there with a real pony, but that's beside the point.

Besides, she used to run barefoot to school and back again, she is born at a high-altitude and... Oops, wrong country.

Anyway, bottom line is that they do drug tests now (I think), so there is no way athletes are still on drugs.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au

"Jeff"":1z9lm75g][quote="SeriousSam said:
[quote=""Jeff"":1z9lm75g]

We have yet to see an explanation how this could be conceivably done without doping that is more believable than "working harder than everyone else" or Brailsfraudian human evolution. Until such an explanation exists, beating doped up world records, or coming close, will remain strong evidence of doping.[/quote]I think you confuse evidence with speculation.[/quote]

I think you are confusing evidence with proof. A very common mistake here.

TRENDING THREADS