• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Doping In Athletics

Page 68 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Re:

JackRabbitSlims said:
Pole vault champion to sue if Russia banned from Olympics

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11643599

Speaking from her home city of Volgograd in a Skype interview arranged by Russian track officials, Isinbayeva held up four forms documenting recent drug tests she had passed - proof enough, she said, that she should be allowed to compete in Rio.

Good enough for me ;) let her compete :D
She's married, you know.

Re:

JackRabbitSlims said:

Speaking from her home city of Volgograd in a Skype interview arranged by Russian track officials, Isinbayeva held up four forms documenting recent drug tests she had passed - proof enough, she said, that she should be allowed to compete in Rio.

These millennials these days. Back in my day, you had to pass 500 tests to prove you were clean. :rolleyes:

Re: Re:

More Strides than Rides said:
JackRabbitSlims said:

These millennials these days. Back in my day, you had to pass 500 tests to prove you were clean. :rolleyes:

At least they are testing them, and at least she has the 'proof' of her being tested. You don't think the Russians are under the microscope by WADA these days? It's obvious they are targeted, for a number of reasons. Of course, they'll open up more 'investigations' and probably find a positive test for her as well.

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
A couple of hours ago, this link appeared on one of the main dutch news sites. It seems Isinbayeva is really fed up by the hypocrisy of only punishing Russia for a nationwide doping programme. She's protested before and is willing to take the case to a court, but apparently she's given an interview with a russian news site, where she explicitly mentions other countries she believes have a nationwide doping programme as well. In the dutch news article, UK, US, Germany, Kenya are mentioned and in the retweeted message within the article Jamaica is mentioned as well.

There's nothing really surprising or new about that statement, as far as I'm concerned, but I'm very interested how the IAAF and several countries will react to such a statement by a highly regarded athlete. I'm also curious if she's got any sort of proof at all. It wouldn't surprise me if this is a start of a well-planned Russian campaign to be allowed entering the Olympics. It wouldn't surprise me either, if it isn't.

HSNHSN said:
A couple of hours ago, this link appeared on one of the main dutch news sites. It seems Isinbayeva is really fed up by the hypocrisy of only punishing Russia for a nationwide doping programme. She's protested before and is willing to take the case to a court, but apparently she's given an interview with a russian news site, where she explicitly mentions other countries she believes have a nationwide doping programme as well. In the dutch news article, UK, US, Germany, Kenya are mentioned and in the retweeted message within the article Jamaica is mentioned as well.

There's nothing really surprising or new about that statement, as far as I'm concerned, but I'm very interested how the IAAF and several countries will react to such a statement by a highly regarded athlete. I'm also curious if she's got any sort of proof at all. It wouldn't surprise me if this is a start of a well-planned Russian campaign to be allowed entering the Olympics. It wouldn't surprise me either, if it isn't.

No wonder she is angry. WADA & Coe nicely side stepped "the doping problem" and made it a "Russian doping problem"; all whilst Reedie and informed testing centers etc. to go easy on Russia. Of course Britain and the US are doping just as equally but that would kill sport/sponsors harder than Russian dopers.

thehog said:
HSNHSN said:

No wonder she is angry. WADA & Coe nicely side stepped "the doping problem" and made it a "Russian doping problem"; all whilst Reedie and informed testing centers etc. to go easy on Russia. Of course Britain and the US are doping just as equally but that would kill sport/sponsors harder than Russian dopers.

Nothing on UK having a systematic program, at least that I could find, but the US and Germany (East and West) have certainly had it

HSNHSN said:

But I would LOOOOOVE for something major to come out of this. She may just be speaking out of emotion rather than any 'proof' she might have, but if she does, and if WADA and IAAF listen and investigate and actually do something about it, it would be YUGE (Bernie Sanders voice).

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Shhh, it's just Russia, you know?

Even if bribery involves two parties, one the IAAF itself, the only real perpetrator is Russia; it's always Russia, remember that.

She has to go down now and fully, the IAAF can't let her have any credibility, not after violating the holy omerta. Or is being Russian enough to have no credibility? If so, she's just going to be ignored, completely.

Omerta will prevail.

Re:

WillemS said:
Shhh, it's just Russia, you know?

Even if bribery involves two parties, one the IAAF itself, the only real perpetrator is Russia; it's always Russia, remember that.

She has to go down now and fully, the IAAF can't let her have any credibility, not after violating the holy omerta. Or is being Russian enough to have no credibility? If so, she's just going to be ignored, completely.

Omerta will prevail.

Yeah, that's likely to happen. Wade Exum sent something like 30,000 documents to Sports Illustrated in the early 2000's documenting how the USOC and the anti-doping offices covered up hundreds of positive tests. If that could hit the public and all the names of the athletes and officials involved come out, that would be a nice start. Then proceed to more recent episodes with Gatlin and Gay, and see if they can look into other sprinters. If that road is smooth, look into Salazar and his Oregon Running Project with Rupp and Farah. Then you can link up Farah with UK athletics and then move entirely to the UK. Wishful thinking, but you never know. If they let the Russians (including Isinbayeva) compete in Rio without too much fuss in the coming weeks, Isinbayeva will more than likely quiet down and everyone competes in Rio and goes home happy.

thehog said:
HSNHSN said:

Isn't that nice? Russia being accused (justifiably?) for running a nation-sponsored doping program and Isinbayeva responds by accusing UK, US, Germany, Kenya and Jamaica for the same. Maybe the Omerta-culture is crackling and hopefully the overall scam WADA and IAF so long have supported will finally come - if not to
an end - but at least to a halt. It is disgusting to see e.g. the ovations after yet another smashing of doped-up competitors by Usain Bolt. How can anyone believe in this charade?

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/sports/20160601/sample-medal-winning-jamaican-athlete-tested-positive-banned-substance

An experienced Jamaican runner is among 31 athletes, spanning six sports and 12 countries, whose retested A sample from the 2008 Beijing Olympics has shown the presence of a banned substance.

‎The Jamaican cannot be named at this point given the pending outcome of the B sample test

Here are the possibilities
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamaica_at_the_2008_Summer_Olympics

Re:

Catwhoorg said:
http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/sports/20160601/sample-medal-winning-jamaican-athlete-tested-positive-banned-substance

An experienced Jamaican runner is among 31 athletes, spanning six sports and 12 countries, whose retested A sample from the 2008 Beijing Olympics has shown the presence of a banned substance.

‎The Jamaican cannot be named at this point given the pending outcome of the B sample test

Its not a medalist though right, or they would have said?

Re: Re:

The Hitch said:
Catwhoorg said:

Its not a medalist though right, or they would have said?

The headline from the Jamaican paper is: -

'A' Sample Of Medal-Winning Jamaican Athlete Tested Positive For Banned Substance

So there is a chance its a medalist.

Powell again? Quite a few have tested positive since then..

Bolt - Guardian says he isn't involved
Walker/Thomas/Frater/Carter/Stewart/S.Williams/Lloyd/White/N.Williams - nothing

Fraser - 2010, oxycodone, six-month ban
Campbell-Brown - 2013, Lasix (diuretic), cleared by Jamaica and CAS
Powell - 2013, Oxilofrine, 18-month ban, cleared by CAS
Simpson - 2013, Oxilofrine, 18-month ban, cleared by CAS
Wilkins - 2010, Andarine, two-year ban

luckyboy said:
Powell again? Quite a few have tested positive since then..

Bolt - Guardian says he isn't involved
Walker/Thomas/Frater/Carter/Stewart/S.Williams/Lloyd/White/N.Williams - nothing

Fraser - 2010, oxycodone, six-month ban
Campbell-Brown - 2013, Lasix (diuretic), cleared by Jamaica and CAS
Powell - 2013, Oxilofrine, 18-month ban, cleared by CAS
Simpson - 2013, Oxilofrine, 18-month ban, cleared by CAS
Wilkins - 2010, Andarine, two-year ban

Of course they wouldn't bust Bolt! He's the golden goose of track and field, just like Michael Phelps is the golden goose to swimming, aint gonna happen!

Re:

Mayo from Mayo said:

Its all explained in the Dailymail today.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-3132873/Mo-Farah-s-fire-coach-Alberto-Salazar-begins-quest-clear-name.html
The Mail on Sunday has spoken to one of his key associates, Dr Mauro Di Pasquale, who has been asked by Salazar to provide evidence of the legal supplements he was providing to his athletes at the Nike Oregon Project, where Salazar is the head coach.

However they forgot to add a photo of doctor Mauro Di Pasquale who supplies the legal suplements. No problem I will post it here:

Attachments

• ane91l.jpg
    ane91l.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 1,361
Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
That photo! Retro Charles Atlas-stylee "Men! Are you skinny, do you get sand kicked in your face? Try my new course and you can look like ME!!!"