• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Doping in Austria

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Think it depends what Preidler really means where he says "there could be other interesting interlocutors in the bloodletting context in Germany."

Schmidt says he has not looked after any others than those he had already mentioned and so those we do know of are those prosecuted already. Clearly it's in Schmidt's lawyers interest to minimise the number of known athletes and the trial will use all the evidence gathered from Preidler and the known athletes to add to that list if any others existed. At this stage, I agree though, it's just Preidler shown photos of Dumo & Roglic and asked to talk about them at this stage.

Yes and no. Schmidt using a Slovenian blood bank is in my opinion at least a trace that should be followed. The rest, like the training camp of Dumoulin after which he was flying according to Preidler (and winning the Giro) is speculation, I agree.

And the quoted article also states that the photos/names of Roglic and Dumoulin were not included in the questioning after Preidler's remark but already before and to other people.

I mean sure, those guys are now proven dopers. But then again, no one was particular successful (unless Petacchi ofc) or showed extreme jumps or improvements. Just kind of proves that you only really get into troubles if you don't have a top-notch program set up for you but have to do it on your own. And even then you will pass all the tests and it takes authorities to get involved for something to happen.

I mean sure, those guys are now proven dopers. But then again, no one was particular successful (unless Petacchi ofc) or showed extreme jumps or improvements. Just kind of proves that you only really get into troubles if you don't have a top-notch program set up for you but have to do it on your own. And even then you will pass all the tests and it takes authorities to get involved for something to happen.
Thankfully we have Froome getting off for a positive other riders get banned for all the time, which shows you all you need to know.

Reactions: ppanther92

TRENDING THREADS