• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Doping in other sports?

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
neineinei said:
Seems like IAAF are able to catch big names, not just shot putters from Belarus and thereabouts.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20130614/sports/sports2.html

sideshadow said:

UK wise props to the independent to going to town on it.

I got the Sunday time sport supplement today this received about two paragraphs in the bottom right hand corner which I thought was pathetic. They had a huge spread about how common PEDs are amongst Russian athletes which was weird.

It's being reported that this is a diuretic, someone really needs to point out that is one of the most common masking agents in the history of drug testing used clinically to alter hormone ratios for athletes about to undergo transsexual sex change operations.

mikehammer67 said:
Wallace Spearmon - I wake up to this ... I know for a fact she wouldn't do anything like that.

Sanya Richards-Ross - So hard for me to believe the news of VCB. She's always been so talented! Really respect her as one of the greats.

Kim Collins - VCampbellBrown my friend, we love you. Continue to hold your head high.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20130616/lead/lead1.html

They're all each other's cronies. S R-R is part Jamaican. Spearmon is buddy-buddy with Bolt and Blake.

VCB failed the IQ test. Funnily, it is very clear who passed: look at the meet's last minute withdrawals.

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
More Strides than Rides said:
They're all each other's cronies. S R-R is part Jamaican. Spearmon is buddy-buddy with Bolt and Blake.

VCB failed the IQ test. Funnily, it is very clear who passed: look at the meet's last minute withdrawals.

Why write something like this without a link or source to the withdrawals. Pointless :mad:

More Russians/Belorussian Positives

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/...ong+poised+awarded+Olympic/8522044/story.html

More Belorussian athletes tested positive on old samples means this shot putter is being promoted to third for the 2008 Olympics. At least the athlete's rhetoric is in exactly the right direction.

The IAAF is opening 6 cases on now-positive old samples! Again, the emphasis being Russian and Belorussian athletes. No disclosure what the PED's were either.

I still find it odd they are handing out AAF's in Russia and Belarus now. Lots of other dopers!

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
You may be waiting until he's retired and the statute of limitations kicks in so he keeps his record intact. The IAAF has a star to promote!

I think the best chance of him getting busted is via his chemist Memo Heredia, he's travelling to the US to help his clients so its possible he could get busted.

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I think the Wada should set strict rules for all federations how to deal with masking agents positives. F. Schleck got a year so she should also get a year too. Garzelli got 6 Months in 2002.

I think the chance to ingest a diuretic accidentaly isn't that small at all. But if you are a world class athlete you should not binge through the medicine chest of your grandparents when looking for a simple pain killer.

Briant_Gumble said:
I smell cover up.

Talk of it being a less serious offense from the IAAF.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...bellbrowns-doping-offence-lesser-8665915.html

It would be an absolute 5ucking joke if that flies, you cannot ingest it accidentally like a stimulant in some energy drink and its a masking agent so you can't let her off lightly if by saying its not performance enhancing.

A US 800 runner was busted with a diuretic a while ago, and suffered a warning, as VCB might. The US runner hasn't run quite as well since though... I guess she got the hint.

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Alpechraxler said:
I think the Wada should set strict rules for all federations how to deal with masking agents positives. F. Schleck got a year so she should also get a year too. Garzelli got 6 Months in 2002.

I think the chance to ingest a diuretic accidentaly isn't that small at all. But if you are a world class athlete you should not binge through the medicine chest of your grandparents when looking for a simple pain killer.

How could you accidentally ingest Lasix?

It's not like its found in French fries or Brocoli.

You can only get it with a prescription.

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
What i meant it's not like there is no Lasix in circulation (legal/prescribed) the chance to take it by accident could happen. For example if someone put it in the wrong package. In the end it's a white pill like many other. But thats the point where every elite athlete has to be careful. You just can't take meds from everywhere. On the contrary the chance that epo syrenges are stored at home is low. Most patients with cronic kidney disease get it directly after dialysis..

Actually it's quite funny to poisen someone with Lasix :D

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Briant_Gumble said:
How could you accidentally ingest Lasix?

It's not like its found in French fries or Brocoli.

You can only get it with a prescription.
vijay singh and tiger eye surgery. 30-20 vision.

can go to a victorias secret catwalk and it is more like spearmint rhino or yellow rose