• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Doping in XC skiing

Page 243 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Pretty simple, back in 2014-2016, reports were made in the Norwegian media about systematic use of asthma medicine on non asthmatic skiers starting in the late 80’s. Johaug was popped, Sundby was popped, and muscle Marit wrote in her book about how FIS called the doctor in April 2017 about discrepancy in one of her samples from the 30km at the Lahti Word Championships. She was also using symbicort for the longest times, and I am quite sure she was using other ‘methods’ and ‘substances.’ Kowalczyk had every right to be critical back in 2010-2012.
I think this long tirade with the Norwegian skier barely mentioned is a good prima facie for my thesis:

"F-k the doping Norwegians, if there is even a flimsiest case against one of them, let's nail that guy / gal!"

Again, totally possible that they have a good doping program and many / most of their XC-skiers are tainted.

I think this long tirade with the Norwegian skier barely mentioned is a good prima facie for my thesis:

"F-k the doping Norwegians, if there is even a flimsiest case against one of them, let's nail that guy / gal!"

Again, totally possible that they have a good doping program and many / most of their XC-skiers are tainted.

“Flimsiest.” LOL. Good joke.